Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to [deleted post]You forced me to write this:

The word flagship is a very loosely used term. Everybody has their different opinion on what it means.

When i said s4 is a flagship phone i was technically correct and you'll know why.

I consider galaxy s2 to bea Samsung flagship whereas note 3 neo to be not. However, note 3 neo has much better specs.

Microsoft calls lumia 830 as affordable flagship. That may be Microsoft's definition of flagship however i beg to differ.

2 days ago Samsung announced extended warranty program for their 'flagship galaxy smartphones'. The list includes s4, s5, note 3 and note 4. So Samsung still considers s4 as flagship.

Moreover, i never said that s4 is the current flagship. I just said it's a flagship and Samsung gives better support to flagships.

The word 'former flagship' would have been more appropriate but that was not the point i was trying to make. I think i expressed this very clearly in my comment and the person understood the point quite well.

Next time think a little bit clearly what you're correcting before getting humiliated. ( just a humble suggestion)

• 2014-10-13 05:41
  • 9J4F

> In reply to [deleted post]Now a grammar teacher, buddy just comment on your beloved s4, not anyone's grammar we were not here to improve our English

• 2014-10-13 04:05
  • Hkqm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-11 13:09 from ut1I - click to readReally back door###?

• 2014-10-12 03:58
  • Hkqm

S4 is the great phone. Such an premium look with faux leather back door

• 2014-10-11 13:09
  • ut1I

> In reply to Scorpio @ 2014-10-10 05:04 from PPSX - click to readWhat do you want to point out?

• 2014-10-10 18:38
  • 7tWE

> In reply to daparagon @ 2014-10-10 01:15 from fuNc - click to readPros of s5 mini over s4:
1. New touchwiz( I believe s4 will also get this through a software update though)

2. Ergonomics and durability( water and dust resistant)

3. Battery life

4. Features like heartrate monitor and fingerprint scanner

Pros of s4 over s5 mini:

1. Better screen( bigger, sharper and higher quality)

2. Much better camera

3. Much better processor( /exynos 5410 is around 2.5 times more powerful than the snapdragon 400 in s5 mini)

4. Higher RAM.

5. It's a flagship. So it will be supported for much longer and it's a very popular phone, so most of the apps are compatible, much more developer support and also from samsung. S5 mini will be lost as no one cares.

S4 is better than s5 mini in the key areas. If you can afford the s5( not the mini), then buy it. But s4 is much better than the s5 mini. s5 mini is the under-powered low-specced version of s5 which just uses the name of s5.

Any way, your choice. And if you want the real compact flagship, look for galaxy alpha and xperia z3 compact. Not the phones like HTC one mini 2 and s5 mini.

• 2014-10-10 07:42
  • 9xpx

> In reply to Dream-buddy @ 2014-10-09 17:43 from Hkqj - click to readYes thanks I know that but I couldn't just ignore his mis-truths. You will see that I had to reply to him once more pointing out some facts to him. but thanks for your thoughts and I agree with you entirely.

• 2014-10-10 05:04
  • PPSX

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-10-09 16:57 from 7tWE - click to readActually you are not being truthful. When you first came on you declared that you "were back" thereby implying that you were someone else. Think again smart boy. If you did it as a joke then ok just say so. But you can't imply you are someone else, especially when that other person gave his time tirelessly to this forum in order to help others. Just think about it.

• 2014-10-10 05:01
  • PPSX

Please I'm kinda thinking about getting this or the galaxy s5 mini because of the latest ui and portability, what are the pros and con for the s4

• 2014-10-10 01:15
  • fuNc

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 21:55 from 9xpx - click to readI have a i-smile flip case. Though it has s view features, it doesn't have any small screen on it. A solid flip. that's why I questioned you. Womdering why the case makers didn't place the screen. BTW, Thanks again...

• 2014-10-09 22:50
  • tjKK

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-10-09 21:35 from tjKK - click to readThe s-view is made for the purpose of waking up the screen while you flip it open. If you don't want it to function, why do you even use it. You can use a regular cover. Anyway, what do you intend to do with opening it and not turning the phone on? I just don't get the point.

screen turning on can't be disabled.

However, automatic unlock can be disabled from settings> my device > Accessories and then turning off automatic unlock from s-view cover option. This will take you to the lockscreen instead of directly to homescreen if this is what you wanted.

• 2014-10-09 21:55
  • 9xpx

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 19:33 from 9xpx - click to readthanks a lot bro. I will again disturb you with my next charging details... Can you please tell me how to disable auto screen on while opening the s view cover???

• 2014-10-09 21:35
  • tjKK

> In reply to Dream-buddy @ 2014-10-09 19:48 from Hkqj - click to readYes, there seems to be a problem as the phone should not be hot when idle. It's definitely not ok.

See what is consuming your battery by going in settings > battery.

If it's mediaserver then that means some file on your phone or SD card is corrupted and the mediaserver is going in infinite loop which makes the device heat up as the processor is under load.

I'd suggest a factory reset with sd card format if you are on latest firmware or if you aren't on latest firmware then update your phone.

Hope this helped.

• 2014-10-09 19:57
  • 9xpx

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 19:33 from 9xpx - click to readHi tyrion some time my S4 black edition become so hot that i have to take it out from my pocket;is there is something rong with my device. ?

• 2014-10-09 19:48
  • Hkqj

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-10-09 18:35 from tjKK - click to readYes, that's quite good. I usually get around 5 hours. Sometimes 4.5 hours and sometimes 5.5. It depends mostly on the usage pattern and background processes. Also how much you've optimised your phone.

• 2014-10-09 19:33
  • 9xpx

> In reply to [deleted post]So when you are going to stop giving this lingual lesson and start discussing about your beloved galaxy S4

• 2014-10-09 18:45
  • Hkqj

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 05:24 from 9J4L - click to readBro my 100% draining resulted a 4 hours and 38 minutes of on screen time with a moderate wifi use... Is this okay??? I didn't recieve any of last 2 updates here in Bangladesh. Thanks in advance.

• 2014-10-09 18:35
  • tjKK

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-10-09 16:57 from 7tWE - click to readI think your parent will be happy with your language; but as for me we were here to discuss and share our experience on S4 rather than take lingual lesson from you

• 2014-10-09 17:54
  • Hkqj

> In reply to Scorpio @ 2014-10-09 05:07 from PPSX - click to readJust ignore him buddy, there is no need to reply a troll

• 2014-10-09 17:43
  • Hkqj

I'm me not any duplicate .....I've all rights to nick name myself though it is used by others... So any one who has a. problem with my name can get the hell out of here ,Thanx . Scorpio this is for you ...

• 2014-10-09 16:57
  • 7tWE
Total of 16072 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.