Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-10-09 16:57 from 7tWE - click to readActually you are not being truthful. When you first came on you declared that you "were back" thereby implying that you were someone else. Think again smart boy. If you did it as a joke then ok just say so. But you can't imply you are someone else, especially when that other person gave his time tirelessly to this forum in order to help others. Just think about it.

• 2014-10-10 05:01
  • PPSX

Please I'm kinda thinking about getting this or the galaxy s5 mini because of the latest ui and portability, what are the pros and con for the s4

• 2014-10-10 01:15
  • fuNc

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 21:55 from 9xpx - click to readI have a i-smile flip case. Though it has s view features, it doesn't have any small screen on it. A solid flip. that's why I questioned you. Womdering why the case makers didn't place the screen. BTW, Thanks again...

• 2014-10-09 22:50
  • tjKK

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-10-09 21:35 from tjKK - click to readThe s-view is made for the purpose of waking up the screen while you flip it open. If you don't want it to function, why do you even use it. You can use a regular cover. Anyway, what do you intend to do with opening it and not turning the phone on? I just don't get the point.

screen turning on can't be disabled.

However, automatic unlock can be disabled from settings> my device > Accessories and then turning off automatic unlock from s-view cover option. This will take you to the lockscreen instead of directly to homescreen if this is what you wanted.

• 2014-10-09 21:55
  • 9xpx

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 19:33 from 9xpx - click to readthanks a lot bro. I will again disturb you with my next charging details... Can you please tell me how to disable auto screen on while opening the s view cover???

• 2014-10-09 21:35
  • tjKK

> In reply to Dream-buddy @ 2014-10-09 19:48 from Hkqj - click to readYes, there seems to be a problem as the phone should not be hot when idle. It's definitely not ok.

See what is consuming your battery by going in settings > battery.

If it's mediaserver then that means some file on your phone or SD card is corrupted and the mediaserver is going in infinite loop which makes the device heat up as the processor is under load.

I'd suggest a factory reset with sd card format if you are on latest firmware or if you aren't on latest firmware then update your phone.

Hope this helped.

• 2014-10-09 19:57
  • 9xpx

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 19:33 from 9xpx - click to readHi tyrion some time my S4 black edition become so hot that i have to take it out from my pocket;is there is something rong with my device. ?

• 2014-10-09 19:48
  • Hkqj

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-10-09 18:35 from tjKK - click to readYes, that's quite good. I usually get around 5 hours. Sometimes 4.5 hours and sometimes 5.5. It depends mostly on the usage pattern and background processes. Also how much you've optimised your phone.

• 2014-10-09 19:33
  • 9xpx

> In reply to [deleted post]So when you are going to stop giving this lingual lesson and start discussing about your beloved galaxy S4

• 2014-10-09 18:45
  • Hkqj

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-09 05:24 from 9J4L - click to readBro my 100% draining resulted a 4 hours and 38 minutes of on screen time with a moderate wifi use... Is this okay??? I didn't recieve any of last 2 updates here in Bangladesh. Thanks in advance.

• 2014-10-09 18:35
  • tjKK

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-10-09 16:57 from 7tWE - click to readI think your parent will be happy with your language; but as for me we were here to discuss and share our experience on S4 rather than take lingual lesson from you

• 2014-10-09 17:54
  • Hkqj

> In reply to Scorpio @ 2014-10-09 05:07 from PPSX - click to readJust ignore him buddy, there is no need to reply a troll

• 2014-10-09 17:43
  • Hkqj

I'm me not any duplicate .....I've all rights to nick name myself though it is used by others... So any one who has a. problem with my name can get the hell out of here ,Thanx . Scorpio this is for you ...

• 2014-10-09 16:57
  • 7tWE

> In reply to Teshy @ 2014-10-01 12:09 from frje - click to readYeah mine too at first I thought it was beacause of my update but it wasn't maybe there's a problem with the black edition only

• 2014-10-09 14:33
  • KhZh

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-10-08 21:04 from tjKK - click to readYour battery is perfect now. If a 10% drain takes more than 35 min, it's ok

• 2014-10-09 05:24
  • 9J4L

> In reply to [deleted post]You're so clever you work it out. Actually it's not hard to work out. You talk rubbish so you're a fake. You should appologise to the real darkgamer.

• 2014-10-09 05:07
  • PPSX

Hey please any user here should just gimme the pros and con's of this phone cos I'm thinking of either getting s5 mini or s4 😏👦

• 2014-10-09 01:50
  • fuNc

Got a new battery today. fully charged and then turned on the phone. 35 minutes of on screen time and battery is 90%. Can I consider my new battery okay??? Specially @Darkgamer/Oindrilla Sen. Others' valuable comments are also appreciated... :)

• 2014-10-08 21:04
  • tjKK

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-10-08 18:42 from 7tWE - click to readI have no problem with you having the same name, but you claimed to be the usual darkgamer which you're not.

I'll not get out of this forum.

• 2014-10-08 19:05
  • 9xpx

> In reply to tyrion Lannister @ 2014-10-08 12:35 from 9xpx - click to readThere no rule that one person cannot have same name ...u get out of this form .u have no ryt to talk abt me

• 2014-10-08 18:42
  • 7tWE
Total of 16065 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.