Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Galaxy S4 is best mobile in the world. When do we have leather backed cover for galaxy S4 like Note 3? can any one inquired this? I am desparate to buy leather backed cover for my GS4.

• 2013-09-06 10:00
  • PSgZ

> In reply to rana @ 2013-09-05 19:17 from KITk - click to readya..my s4 also got this problem like this..it's bad..

• 2013-09-06 09:52
  • ibc%

> In reply to Lucky Switz @ 2013-09-06 07:14 from Qxpq - click to readThanks for the help, i hope they work on latest update to move apps completely , bcz 8.9gb is nothing for apps

• 2013-09-06 09:51
  • spWT

> In reply to [deleted post]$100 , I'm in lebanon.

• 2013-09-06 09:47

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

First of all, I am NOT posting under different names. The other person you are referring to was using copy & paste to post my comment elsewhere.
You call the update process 'cumbersome', but in actual fact you are just angry because you aren't at the front of the queue. Samsung sold over 100 million S3 models, and is approaching 50 million S4. Can you imagine 150 million phone users all trying to use the Samsung servers at the same time?
You demand that Samsung should find a better way of issuing updates. Well what do you suggest. You tell us a better way of doing it. I bet you cant!
Please keep posting, I do enjoy reading your comments (but mind your blood pressure).

• 2013-09-06 08:41
  • mySN

> In reply to N7 @ 2013-09-05 12:57 from spWT - click to readTransferring your apps to sd card will lessen the burden of your internal memory.. FYI, it's not all the apps has been transferred on your SD card, it is the data only.. The app itself is stayed on your internal memory..

I hope I answered your question..

• 2013-09-06 07:14
  • Qxpq

Bro,if u plan to buy a phone i can give u some help by my experience,sony cell phones r v good in use with fast 3g,2g signals,internet speed and camera but as the time passes they start to give problems in hanging,freezing and battery backup get worse.
As the same matter to htc but htc gives lot more lesser problem in hanging or freezing but battery get worse by the period of time.
samsung has improved much in all scenarios but still need to cover battery backup bcos after 6 to 8 months battery power is started more consumption in samsung sets whether u change new battery.
nokia is best in reliability and built with good body n chips along with battery back up.only worst part they have not adopted android.if they did so they would remain the leader in cell phone market.

• 2013-09-06 06:39
  • 3CgR

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

What an angry little boy you are!

Updates are sent out country by country. If Samsung released the update to every country at the same time their servers would go into meltdown.

Here in the UK the update has been released for the unbranded model. I have received the Firmware AND the camera updates. You will just have to curb your temper and wait until it is released wherever you are.

Foul language won't get you the Firmware updates any faster.

• 2013-09-05 22:42
  • mySN

i have the s4 for 3 months .i use outlook as my main calender . i am battling to sync my contacts and calender.

i have installed kies . worked for a week and then stopped,

any suggestions

• 2013-09-05 22:37
  • rvm1

> In reply to Rpk @ 2013-09-05 16:13 from t1$A - click to read@ Rpk

The last part of my post is wrong. I was reciting from when I used to wipe the cache on my S3. On the S4, when you select 'wipe cache partition' the screen shows 'error' (but it has flushed the cache), and then reboots by itself.
I have just done my S4 and it works.

• 2013-09-05 19:56
  • mySN

> In reply to kerren @ 2013-09-05 12:46 from uGRV - click to readNo man, its working fine.no lagging and functioning really well.I owned 32Gb version of I9500.its very fast.when you are playing a game for long time, its getting hot.but its manageable.everything functioning well.

• 2013-09-05 19:38
  • YUfB

hi friends i hear about Samsung S4 heat up back and front and due to heat up camera tempererily off but ready after restart.Anybody hear about this type of problam or face it. Please answer me because i want to purchase it.

• 2013-09-05 19:17
  • KITk

> In reply to Rpk @ 2013-09-05 16:13 from t1$A - click to read@ Rpk

No, it is similar but different (?). Turn your phone OFF completely. Then restart by holding Volume UP and the Home button together, and while holding those down press the POWER button until the Samsung logo appears. (Three button reset). Then release all three buttons and you will see the Android robot appear and the phone will enter Recovery mode. Use the Vol Up/Dn button to select 'wipe cache partition' and press the Power button. When the menu reappears select 'Reboot system now' and press the Power button again and your phone will reboot.

• 2013-09-05 18:53
  • mySN

> In reply to dhoni007 @ 2013-09-05 12:27 from L1gw - click to readShut your eye's and imigately buy sam s4. True value of your money. Apple takes money only for its brand value

• 2013-09-05 18:05
  • rK$a

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-05 09:01 from mySN - click to readHey this is my first samsung phone.i didn't know how to put into recovery mode.is dis the download mode?thanks for the reply.it was helpful.

• 2013-09-05 16:13
  • t1$A

Hi guys ive bought micro sd card Sandisk ultra 64gb class 10 , i have moved some apps to sd card but still the apps on device memory please help me

• 2013-09-05 12:57
  • spWT

> In reply to Lishan @ 2013-09-05 09:58 from YUfa - click to readhow was galaxy s4 so far? was it good? OMG im planning to buy it on saturday but i've read so many comments that it's laggy and not really functioning,,,well some of the apps dont fucntion and it is heating :(

• 2013-09-05 12:46
  • uGRV

Hi.. I'm little confused whether to buy Samsung S4 or iphone 5? Please do help with the opinion about both phones :)

• 2013-09-05 12:27
  • L1gw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-05 11:45 from 3Jb7 - click to read@ Anonymous

You don't seem to have any idea of how updating works; you would rather rant and rave without finding out.
Let's say for instance that Samsung finish an update on 01/11/13. They then have to send the update out to each carrier in each country for approval. The carrier installs the update and then tries it out for let's say 2 weeks. Then the carrier reports back to Samsung on 15/11/13 and wants an alteration to the Firmware. Samsung have rewrite the Firmware and then send it out again. 2 weeks later the carrier reports back to Samsung approving the Firmware (now 28/11/13) and it gets released.
You moan about the slow update on your laptop. It's your connection at fault, not Samsung's problem.
My OTA update took less than 30 minutes. The file size is 1.6Gb, what do you expect on a laptop.
I downloaded a backup the Firmware for my own use. Now, I have a 60Mb Broadband Fibre Optic connection and that download took about 20 minutes (it took that long because it was a busy time of day).
Stop blaming everyone else.

• 2013-09-05 12:13
  • mySN

sept 4 -2013 - checked for update- message == etc etc update later or via kies .. so updated via kies ==2 hrs .. MH8.. aug 21 10.57.53 KST 2013 - still 4.2.2 .. questions to samsung --1- why NO notification for 14 days ..2- why 2hrs on high speed samsung laptop .. 3- what benefits ..4- MAN WENT TO MOON 1968 -- WHY such cumbersome update process ?? is this update problem SAMSUNG specific .. what about humble folks who DONOT walk around with laptop in front pocket or in bed ??? GOSH ! and mobile handsets makers DO DRAMAS around the world costing millions $$$$$ and tech journos given FREE handsets- to play with .. WHY NOT KISS = keep IT sensible scientific ..

• 2013-09-05 11:45
  • 3Jb7
Total of 16886 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.