Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Tanvir_S4 @ 2013-06-23 19:06 from 2Cdx - click to readWhich makes the phone not a smartphone or even a phone if you have to switch all its features off whats the point in that? Throw it in bin and get a decent non Android phone.

• 2013-06-23 21:23
  • nEk{

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 19:26 from tesv - click to readMost folk tweek photos on computer anyway so all you need is good basic photo.

The whole point of having a camphone is its with you all the time..For special events you take something decent or pay a pro to do it i.e. a wedding..Most of todays camphones smart or not will take a good snap in good day light for most folks uses , Its when light drops things fall apart,,i use for nightclubs the Nokia N8 which has xenon for low light and the MEMS microphone means i can video record and bass does not come out garbled plus its got phone for ringing taxi at end of night.

There is still in 2013 no converged do it all device thats perfect,,once they do it will be boring nowt to look forward too.

• 2013-06-23 21:20
  • nEk{

Where is Adobe flash??????

• 2013-06-23 19:29
  • Nt2s

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-06-23 15:26 from YQrM - click to readOK, We just imagine according to your conclusion that Galaxy S4 camera has better details. But remember your S4 can only take a perfect photo in the Daylight it's poor performance in the different shades indoor conditions and the low light conditions, I know it. But the HTC One can take a perfect photo under the day light (let's guess not well as your S4) as well the Low light conditions. So now honestly think which camera has the best advantage.

Another fact is from what ever phone you took a photo it's may be the iphone, Lumia, Galaxy or HTC, at a glance there are no significance different in each phone camera. 90% of users aren't consider much about those technical terms such as Noice, Details Level, Exposure Level, Tone Curves, ISO, Wide Angle Lens, OIS, CMOS Lens, White Balance or Colour Balance. Most people even don't know what are them. They use the phone cameras for just instant captures not for professional photography. Anyway those mobile phone cameras aren't my subject because I'm using the DSLR cameras like I was mentioned earlier. Here I was shared some knowledge with you. So there is no need us for fighting which phone's camera is better. If you seriously interesting about photography just buy a DSLR camera or even you can takes perfect pictures from the top Digital Cameras like Nikon Coolpix p510 or Canon Powershot sx50 hs, they aren't not that much expensive. Then you will feel what is the Photography is.

• 2013-06-23 19:26
  • tesv

I own an octa core variant of S4... Problem is,after installing the recent firmware update,my phone's battery is draining very fast,faster than before the update... this drainage continues even when I'm not doing anything with it... I've kept almost all of the sensors switched off...Not on wifi,or mobile data,no bluetooth,no location service,brightness is on auto... Just can't undstnd why this is happening... can anybody help me with this???

• 2013-06-23 19:06
  • 2Cdx

no innovation , no feel good factor, no build quality, no NEW idea, NO FM radio, no progress over S3 look, purely CARBON COPY of S3.
PLEASE give me ONE good reason for anyone to justify buying this piece of plastic over S3 at the fraction of price.
I said times and times again, the extra processing power under the GS4 make NO DIFFERENCE for average user, if you have S3, (like myself) stick with it because S4 will bring nothing exciting or different for what you pay for it.

the phone is truly a joke over previous generation, because it simply provide no advancement in technologies, change the plastic look, offer something exciting like waterproof resistance feature, come up with something which doesn't exists in the market already! then you would be a winner.

as a long fan of Samsung it is really sad for me to see them fail, but sadly they have and will take them good 1-2 years to recover.
At the moment HTC One , Sony are preferred options over this piece of plastic, but for now I stick with my S3, and wait for GS5

I HOPE SAMSUNG management read this and listen to their fans, that is the exact reason they have failed.

• 2013-06-23 18:18
  • 3GGg

Samsung should focus in quality of materials.It is not good to make light weight compromising quality even cover or sound system etc.Smart phone s should be rugged, feel solid when handling even though they work well. Upto 200gm is nothing as compared to human average size. I like Samsung phones but they feel so cheap even expensive phones.

• 2013-06-23 17:44
  • ttvh

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 14:46 from XNpC - click to readdear jzak

i read this article erlier and i think s4 has done a good job. moving to the details the s4 photos clearly edge out the htc one there. you can see that the s4 pictures are a bit zoomed in and he should have cropped the htc one photo a little so that to give a clear idea of picture.

there is no clear winner in colors part and the votes are not necessarily by experts.

in my opinion, in the text photo and the landscape one the s4 wins but in the portrait one, one takes it.

its subjective. show me an article which says htc one has better details than s4 or is better in daylight.

• 2013-06-23 15:26
  • YQrM

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-06-23 13:00 from YQrM - click to readDear Shubham Yadav,

Look at this review carefully. It's prove HTC One camera better as Galaxy S4. That's why I told you reviewers can review same things either way.

• 2013-06-23 14:46
  • XNpC

Ima still waiting the update here in saudia arabia ,,,

• 2013-06-23 14:15
  • 98$@

hi people, I am planning to buy the S4 what should I do... is it a good phone... I am confused.. please help me...

• 2013-06-23 14:04
  • 2@X@

> In reply to nigel @ 2013-06-23 01:43 from vxAa - click to readi didn't say that htc one is an inferior phone, just an inferior cameraphone. and yes i own a phone from 25 days and you can read my mini review on around page 25-26 of this thread.

i also say that s4 and htc one are equal phones and the choice is subjective. all good reviewers also said that.

it's just that camera on s4 is better and ultrapixel is not so good in daylight or in most scenarios compared to s4. you can say that speaker of htc one blows s4 outta water or about its aluminium build. so between these two great phones choice is subjective.

sorry if it hurted you or TERRY.

• 2013-06-23 13:00
  • YQrM

> In reply to Terry @ 2013-06-23 01:16 from vxAa - click to readi said you a troll as you don't have the phone and you were saying that we s4 users are fools.

if your comment was on htc one thread it would have been more appropriate. also i don't think htc one as an inferior phone, just an inferior cameraphone. you can zoom in the pictures you took and see the difference a 13mp makes. really in daylight htc one is behind gs4.

you must have took photos at evening or they may be indoor low light.

• 2013-06-23 12:51
  • YQrM

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 10:30 from tesw - click to readand I don't believe what is said but here on gsmarena is not a biased site and in the comparison article they didn't say which phone is better and you can see the results(photographs) yourselves.

also gsmarena is the most trusted and famous site for unbiased genuine reviews.

also many other sites have the same results.

• 2013-06-23 12:23
  • HkqX

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 11:43 from tesw - click to readok so you have both s4 i9500 and htc one. so take a photo in broad daylight of an outside scene and prepare 100% crops of both devices and compare the results.

also I never told htc one is a worse phone than s4. I said it is subjective and both are equally good smartphones. you can read my comment again.
and none of the site said that the details of htc one is higher than s4.

don't be angry. peace.

• 2013-06-23 12:17
  • HkqX

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 11:43 from tesw - click to readYeah i want to know which mobile is better....HTC one or S4?

• 2013-06-23 12:06
  • 2SG1

> In reply to Tcool @ 2013-06-23 10:56 from NyjE - click to readI'm not having a every expensive devices in the world. Just a HTC One as a phone and a Nikon D5200 as a camera. I'm a junior photographic student. But my brother bought a Galaxy S4, therefore I know each device advantages and disadvantages very well and about cameras well. If you want any further details please let me know.

• 2013-06-23 11:43
  • tesw

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 10:30 from tesw - click to readGreat comments Jzac I agree 100 percent with you!!

• 2013-06-23 11:41
  • vxAa

> In reply to jzac @ 2013-06-23 10:30 from tesw - click to readMaybe you are rich, you can afford D600, S4, HTC One, Xperia Z and other gadgets to be able to have a hands-on experience with them and compare.
Gosh, where can I find you? You're my idol! LOL!

I don't think any of your friend will have a time to lend you their stuffs just to compare, they will be busy with their gadgets rather than trolling.

If ever, they will not have all those gadgets. Or else you are all rich, I want to know where your hang-out is.

• 2013-06-23 10:56
  • NyjE

> In reply to Terry @ 2013-06-23 01:16 from vxAa - click to readGreat Terry, you are like me.

• 2013-06-23 10:55
  • tesw
Total of 14987 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.