pinklike, 19 Jan 2014hi, this is my first post ever. i have a galaxy S4 GT-19500. few days back a software update ... morei was also facing the same problem with my galaxy grand i9082, it was not solved with the factory reset or anything than i decided to visit service centre, after visiting 3-4 times at last they were able to solve the problem. They told that they have to re-register the IMEI No.to solve this problem. I suggest you to visit service centre. They are the only who can solve your problem.
So if you want pure android experience buy nexus if you want a lot (worthless)featrues buy s4, I had s4 and after some time what I spent with it I can say that s4 is the best phone so let me say why : there is a lot of developers which is developing at the moment many custom roms when you easy can choose what type of android you want for example you can simply transform your "heavy" s4 to NEXUS with cyanogenmod and it is fast like nexus 5...you will have "S nexus 4" with expendable memory...
jadhajj1994, 23 Jan 2014For basic use, I prefer the Nexus 5. For better camera and apps that come out of the box Samsu... morecompare nexus 5 and samsung galaxy 4 specs side by side on gsmarena- specs of nexus 5 overall LOTS INFERIOR to S4.. WHY NOT WAIT for SAMSUNG S5 ?
Ali2628839653, 23 Jan 2014M planning to buy a good phone.. confused between nexus 5 and s4.. i need a good battery life ... moreFor basic use, I prefer the Nexus 5. For better camera and apps that come out of the box Samsung is better. Don't know the battery life of the Nexus but S4 battery can last you a whole day with moderate use. As for simplicity, smoothness and updates go with Nexus 5. Don't forget that with the Nexus 5 you can enjoy the sweet simple original Android experience.
M planning to buy a good phone.. confused between nexus 5 and s4.. i need a good battery life and decent performance as m a very basic user.. please suggest me what should i buy
this is a great phone but Samsung should work on the battery life og the device
Honchay, 22 Jan 2014Well, look... I have both handsets, 4 years using android starting from the Galaxy S2... Now I... moreYour iPhone is fast and smooth . But credit goes to Samsung, because it using Samsung made processor.
sujayat, 22 Jan 2014My S4 I9500 got stolen ! Can somebody suggest me how to lock it or TRACK it ! Is there any pho... moreTry the google+ you can also check the last login. Hope that the person who has your fone doesnt change your account.
sujayat, 22 Jan 2014My S4 I9500 got stolen ! Can somebody suggest me how to lock it or TRACK it ! Is there any pho... moreYou can but only if you have an Samsung account in samsungdive.com, registered your phone and gave the permissions in the options of the phone to use remote function.
My S4 I9500 got stolen ! Can somebody suggest me how to lock it or TRACK it ! Is there any phone blocking done through IMEI !!
AK, 20 Jan 2014I have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth repla... moreWell, look... I have both handsets, 4 years using android starting from the Galaxy S2... Now I have an S4 but I bought an Iphone 5S days ago to test it and decide wich phone I stay for daily use, Why? Because Im a maniac and power user that like to want the best UI performance like iOS or WP (Android or at least, the Touchwiz interface by Samsung its NOT SMOOTHER than iOS or WP, it LAGS often, even with the powerfull hardware), better signal and best battery life changing ROMS, Rooting and doing everything to achieve my goal.
So, things I like about the Iphone 5S over the Galaxy S4:
- A personal preference, but I dont like phablets or big phones... I'll prefer that phones with 4,5" screen size or less. Compact phones. So!
- Faster and smooth UI, really... This phone its FAST and never lags, Im impressed.
- Very stable, the call quality and the signal reception including Wi-Fi, its better.
- Apps are much better, I mean higher quality with nice visuals than Android (But most of them that are free on Android you need to paid on iOS).
- The new TouchID (Im dont care too much about it but...) its accurate and add some plus to secure your phone and purchases.
- Speakers, even its not stereo or dual-speaker (Like HTC One) sounds 8x louder and better than S4.
- Fast Charge
- Battery last longer in the iphone 5S than the S4 with heavy use on both.
- Your data its more secure on an iPhone than Android (If you know what to do to keep your data safe).
Now, things I like on the Galaxy S4 over the Iphone 5S:
- Screen Size, Its a pleasure to watch movies, videos, everything! But the colors are too saturated and need to put the screen option on "Natural Mode" but it doesnt accurate like 5S.
- Notifications its better for me on Android.
- LED notification light in front panel make you wont miss anything.
- I miss the samsung keyboard on the S4, you can swipe or just easy texting with an accurate prediction, plus have a extra bar of numbers.
- The customization of the desktop, options and apps of course, no doubt! Android wins on this.
- USB mode, NFC, Bluetooth transfer files without an App (Iphone 5s its too dependant of iTunes as hell, thats a big negative from iOS)
- USB storage mode.
- Universal USB plug.
- Plenty of FREE apps and top games.
The camera on both handsets are good, depends on how you take the shot (Light, focus point, etc)
My veredict is, If you see some of the points I wrote that make you jump from iOS, well test one of the phone of one of your friend first because Im liking the iPhone 5s much more than the Galaxy S4, for the things I said... Yes, I miss some things of the S4 but Im having a better experience on daily use with the iphone 5s than the S4, even with the cons. That's not mean than the S4 its bad but iPhone 5s are achieving my expectations of what I want on my phone. Maybe sometime I get tired of iTunes (Not iPhone) and that make me come back to Android.
Its really hard to tell wich phone its better! Go for the one that fit your needs and work!
Anonymous, 21 Jan 2014what's wrong with samsung !!!! ??? , till now i didn't get the 4.3 , and i'm afraid i will not... moresir the 4.3 was officially launched for S4 in November!
And As per 4.4 is concerned.... Its in testing phase and will be launched offically in few weeks!!
what's wrong with samsung !!!! ??? , till now i didn't get the 4.3 , and i'm afraid i will not get the kitkat version.
my mobile's region is iran , i don't want to use odin
i want it official :(
I got this phone on my birthday last saturday 18. Everyone is hating on me.