Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to shine c varghese @ 2014-09-12 19:23 from sSU6 - click to readUpdate your phone to latest firmware. If that doesn't help, try a factory reset.

If that doesn't work, try to replace the phone as your phone is surely faulty then.

• 2014-09-12 21:14
  • 9xnx

> In reply to Hsd @ 2014-09-12 17:15 from Hkts - click to readThis phone has gorilla glass 3. It will not scratch. so a scratch guard is not necessary.

However, the glass may break when you drop it. But anyway in even that case scratch guard won't make a difference.

If you want a good protection for your glass( scratches+ break), try this one:

• 2014-09-12 21:13
  • 9xnx

> In reply to Oindrilla Sen @ 2014-09-12 19:05 from bC7G - click to readWe want this type of people here. Honestly I didn't know about wiping the partition.

Although I can explain while recalibrating increases battery life.

Have a nice day.

• 2014-09-12 21:10
  • 9xnx

> In reply to dd @ 2014-09-12 12:09 from 7tWE - click to readI have no idea what you just said. Use spelled out words please.

• 2014-09-12 20:17
  • ICr@

I was using this phone august 20th 2014 onwards.within this time i am very disappointed with product.If i am browsing with the mobile data the screen will start blinking. The same problem when i get a call or making a call if the mobile data is own.I checked with the service centre in cochin they are saying my hand set is not having any problem. Please help me to solve this issue

• 2014-09-12 19:23
  • sSU6

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-09-12 16:01 from 9xnx - click to readBy pressing down the vol up, power and Home buttons for a few seconds while the device is powered off will take you to the recovery options. The 3rd or 4th option is "wipe cache partition". To select it press vol down a few times and then press the power button and you are done.
@Apurva.
I recalibrated the battery by the following procedure :
1. I charged the phone to 100% with power off. Then, while still plugged in to the charger I powered it on. I did nothing for a couple of mins to let the phone register correctly the upper value of battery charge.
2. Then I started playing Sub Surfer till the battery went dead on its own. You can choose any procedure for faster draining of the battery.
3. I powered the device on again. In spite of the apparent rundown of the battery in step 2, the phone switched on. I again played SS till the battery went dead.
4. I repeated steps 2 & 3 a few times. Finally the battery went well and truly dead, for the device could no longer boot. Hopefully the system registers at this stage the true 0 power state.
5. With power off I charged the battery to 100% again. Then, still plugged in I powered it on and like before did nothing for a couple of mins.
This completed the recalibrating part. Then I wiped the cache partition.
For a rooted device, recalibrating the battery is easier, for there are apps in Play Store for this purpose.

I have no expert knowledge about anything I stated above and cannot explain why this procedure should increase battery life. It worked for me, and anyone can try this. Just remember Li_ion batteries should not be completely depleted of charge often, maybe once in 2 months is okay. It is best to recharge at 20% or thereabouts on daily basis.

• 2014-09-12 19:05
  • bC7G

hi pls tell me..is it safe to laminate s4 or should I consider screen guard..I have heard that lamination is not good for phones. .pls rply..thnks in advance

• 2014-09-12 17:15
  • Hkts

Dear friends,
Can you tell me high power battery for the galaxy s4.? I have Vietnam version phone. It is not a international version. Phone is okey. But, battery is weak. More powerful battery need. Pl. Reply.

• 2014-09-12 16:48
  • IWU9

> In reply to dilu @ 2014-09-11 19:45 from rKHX - click to readLOL.

HTC E8 has some pretty good battery life. But it has a really bad camera. It's also expensive.

besides s4 is clearly better than xperia z in battery life. I used xperia z and it gave me no more than 2.5 hours on-screen time. S4 gives more than 5.5 hours.

• 2014-09-12 16:05
  • 9xnx

> In reply to dd @ 2014-09-12 12:09 from 7tWE - click to readLOL.

Bad luck you got there. But it was not a wise decision to go to mid range.

• 2014-09-12 16:03
  • 9xnx

> In reply to s4owner @ 2014-09-12 15:35 from sSJY - click to readplease let google release android L. Then we'll talk.

• 2014-09-12 16:02
  • 9xnx

> In reply to Oindrilla Sen @ 2014-09-12 09:40 from t1$D - click to readThat's slightly more than what I'm getting.

I get around 5.5 hours. But almost 4 hr is browsing and very heavy usage. If I don't browse much, I can reach 7 hours.

Anyway, 6 hr is insane. It's better than even what you get from even current flagships like lg g3 or iphone 6.

The only phones I know that do better than 6 hours are LG g2( i own it and it easily goes past 6.5 hour), galaxy s5, note 2, note 3 and HTC m8 in android.

Actually this update ruined the battery life. Before this update it was 45 mins more on average.

Anyway, it would be really great if you shared the procedure of wiping cache partition.

Have a nice day.

• 2014-09-12 16:01
  • 9xnx

> In reply to Oindrilla Sen @ 2014-09-11 17:46 from bCiu - click to read@Oindrila can u tell me the process

• 2014-09-12 15:43
  • utTB

is there a chance of s4 exynos getting android l update

• 2014-09-12 15:35
  • sSJY

After 2 years usage of LG P705 I bought S4 Last month. Im disappointed on following thing now

1.In Keypad search is very poor than LG. If we search a name in Keypad LG shall consider "Space also". but in Samsung it wont.
2. In LG we can go directly to SMS
3. In Samsung we cannot open SMS from "Logs" only can see from address.
4. In LG when we send a business card we have option to select either send it as text mail or Vcf file. In samsung we have to goto the contacts then copy and paste to the SMS message type area
5. Battery life is poor in samsung
6. Voice quality not good as P705

Since Im not used higher brand of LG, Im not aware of Camera and other spec. but I feel camera in S4 is very good.

• 2014-09-12 14:27
  • vGXv

Dera users of the samsung smart phone in these days almost sets of samsung are seen Made in "VEITNAM" AND "CHINA".Kindly help me and advise me which is the origional"VEITNAM" OR "CHINA"I am very disturbed.becaude some shopkeepers shows origioal to "CHINA" on the other hand some shows origiionality made in "VEITNAM"I once request to you kindly guide me and replu to me.

• 2014-09-12 14:22
  • 6Q7y

i bot s4 in second hand from jagdesh market
i found to know that the dispaly on my fone was duplicate ...i sold it and ordred moto g 2nd

• 2014-09-12 12:09
  • 7tWE

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-09-12 06:07 from 9xnx - click to read6 hrs, with moderate to heavy use. Previously I couldn't manage more than 4.5.

• 2014-09-12 09:40
  • t1$D

> In reply to Oindrilla Sen @ 2014-09-11 17:46 from bCiu - click to readGreat. What on-screen time are you getting from a complete discharge from 100% to 1%.

For all who are wondering that why am i commenting lately:

I have my exams going on. I'll start commenting from sunday. Thanks for your patience.

Have a nice day

• 2014-09-12 06:07
  • 9xnx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-11 11:34 from gA9r - click to readGood thank you for that. Now I can sleep better at night.

• 2014-09-12 05:33
  • PPSX
Total of 15792 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.