Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to tyson kai @ 2014-06-07 09:33 from fCxh - click to readThe Sub- The Heating up while Charging is the issue generally occur when charging your S4 with the USB charger of other device.

Try to charge it with the charger which comes with S4 box.

• 2014-06-07 13:29
  • uub3

Can somebody please tell me whether Samsung have launched the 32gb and 64gb versions of Samsung Galaxy S4? Currently I've found only 16gb version in stores.

• 2014-06-07 10:43
  • uuyx

I bought my s4 yesterday and it heats up very much while charging and also the battery goes down very fast.

• 2014-06-07 09:33
  • fCxh

which phone is best s4 ya note 2 ya iphone 4s

• 2014-06-07 06:43
  • Xdvd

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-07 06:13 from YQrM - click to readI got mine yesterday and made in china by Samsung, how about yours? this is original or fake?????

thanks and I just want to confirm.......

• 2014-06-07 06:33
  • JaiQ

many of the others are complaining bout the slowing or lagging tendency of this phn...
evn in the comments and evn in my locality !!

evn my htc one s which was nt a mid range or low end phn was slightly slowing down !!
and then accidently i broke it !!

• 2014-06-07 06:24
  • X}gc

> In reply to prince-Vikram @ 2014-06-06 21:17 from X}gc - click to readThe phone has never hanged during more than 1 year i used it.

Even if you open up 50 apps at once, it handles them.

THIS PHONE WILL NEVER HANG. And if you experience slowdowns, just restart it.

The phone doesn't become slow on use. That thing is true for low end androids and mid-range ones.

• 2014-06-07 06:13
  • YQrM

> In reply to The-MJ @ 2014-06-07 00:25 from KAeD - click to readthe way to select is you press on a part of text you want to select. After one second or so, a start and end point will be available to you for selecting the part you wanna copy. just select it and you'll be given 2 options: copy and cut. Choose whichever you want to choose.

Now to paste, press on an empty text box. You'll get 2 options, paste and clipboard. Now paste simply pastes the last copied or cut text but clipboard is something special. It contains the last few things you copied. Let's say you copied a text a few days ago and now want to paste it. But you've copied another thing now and want to access the previous thing.

It's a fairly easy process. If you didn't understand me, i'm sorry. Just see the video on youtube for better understanding.

• 2014-06-07 06:10
  • YQrM

> In reply to Nick @ 2014-06-06 19:26 from bCHD - click to readAfter you uninstall the app, i don't think much trace is left for most apps. I see the folders from my files belonging to any uninstalled app every 1 or 2 months and delete it if any is left out.

Besides, it's a fairly powerful smartphone and shouldn't experience slowdowns. Just remember to do a restart every few days.

• 2014-06-07 06:04
  • YQrM

> In reply to boby @ 2014-06-06 19:03 from uw3j - click to readUse the night mode in low light and keep the hand steady, you'll get very usable pics.

All phone cameras are bad in low light as the sensors are too small.

To get a steady shot. Hold the phone from both ends with your elbows on your chest/stomach. Now breathe out and take a shot before taking breath in. You'll get a steady and unshken shot. Remember, use the night mode for low light, auto mode is useless in low light. Or enable the auto night detection from the top left corner menu.

• 2014-06-07 06:01
  • YQrM

> In reply to The-MJ @ 2014-06-07 00:15 from KAeD - click to readSorry I mistakly posted same comment. I really appreciate your knowledge.
I wanna ask you about keyboard shortcuts ,
Like how to select a part of words to copy or cut even in the typing/comment box.
I am really getting this harder in android as I am a symbian user from long time.
And few more tips that can enhance my user experience.

• 2014-06-07 00:25
  • KAeD

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-06 03:13 from YQrM - click to readHey darkgamer,
I got an question ,I got all but the can you please explain the gpu part ?

• 2014-06-07 00:15
  • KAeD

hi darkgamer....
actually we all knw that aftr few days all andriods slow down so in samsung s4 i guess this process is being accelareted.. is it so cz i hav seen many complains bout the phone hanging up !!

plz advice me on this.. as this will be something costly for me, stll this is the nly phone i like in terms of specs and performance !!

in hw many days is the phn expected to slow down !!
and is there any special problrm wid this set ??

• 2014-06-06 21:17
  • X}gc

Im using this phone for more than a month...it has octacore processer but still some hd games lags.....I dont know why......but it is a good phone it has 13 mp camera and 2mp front camera.......its superfast.....but its battery prblm is vry irritating!!!!...anyways a good good phone...!!!!

• 2014-06-06 20:19
  • rKBM

Hi darkgamer, I try out a lot of apps almost everyday, like the free app of the day on Amazon Appstore. Most often I uninstall the apps after a few hours /days. I make sure to empty the cache and data of the app before uninstalling.
Now my question is, will my S4 slow down because of this? I know that Android doesn't have a registry like Windows but I don't know enough to be able to rule out some data buildup somewhere deep inside the system. Of course I manually delete any files/folders from the sd card that is left from the uninstalled app.
Basically what I wish to know is, does Android leave traces of apps after they are uninstalled? Beside some logs somewhere, maybe?

• 2014-06-06 19:26
  • bCHD

My phone is about 8 months old I am experiencing problems with its camera as it's not performing good in low light on little zooming the snaps huge grains are seen on it I also consulted samsung service centre but the are saying that it is having no problem in it kindly suggest what to do......

• 2014-06-06 19:03
  • uw3j

> In reply to Mufid @ 2014-06-06 12:41 from fu{5 - click to readWith s4, you get 50 GB of dropbox storage and as far as I know, dropbox is better cloud storage than icloud.

• 2014-06-06 17:18
  • YQrM

> In reply to The-MJ @ 2014-06-06 16:12 from U@Hy - click to readThe powervr SGX544mP3 in s4 i9500 is a simply better GPU. It's so much smoother and renders games better. It has got a massive fill rate advantage over the adreno 320 as powervr GPU has around double fill rate. Now the fill rate decides how smoothly the frames are rendered.

Let's say both adreno 320 and powervr sgx544mp3 render a game at 30 FPS ( frames per second), then even though the game is at same framerate, the adreno will wobble here and there and show signs of dropping frames whereas the sgx544mp3 will be consistent and will appear much smoother.

the sgx544mp3 also has better framerates.

For example, Epic citadel ultra settings:

adreno 320 in i9505/Snapdragon/4G version: 38FPS.
powervr sgx544mp3 in i9500/octa: 47FPS.

The antutu 3D and other benchmarks have similar results.

So the powervr is better either way. If you don't agree to my point, see the video of comparison between i9500 and i9505 by erica griffin on youtube. She also reached on similar conclusion that powervr GPU is much better.

Have a nice day. Feel free to ask it again or anything. I'm free as i'm on a vacation so i'll be happy to reply.

• 2014-06-06 17:17
  • YQrM

I got an question ,I got all but the can you please explain the gpu part ?

• 2014-06-06 16:12
  • U@Hy

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-06 08:18 from YQrM - click to readOk thanks darkgamer.

• 2014-06-06 15:58
  • U@Hx
Total of 15828 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.