Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

After the update(5.0.1) phone UI is good, but their are some lags, Watup and facebook goes down automatically. Their is a popup that contacts Stopped and battery is draining too fast. Samsung disappointed me again.

• 2015-02-16 22:59
  • KSea
  • F

My screen bleanks ...frequently....
.its happened when my phn at kit kat....
But same thing happened at lolipop...
What should i do...plz hlp me out.....

• 2015-02-16 18:50
  • t1$C

Does anyone tried cyanogenmod12 on your s4....

• 2015-02-16 17:22
  • utCf

> In reply to harmesh @ 2015-02-16 11:06 from bEU{ - click to readsupport.dev@samsung.com

• 2015-02-16 14:50
  • utTE

> In reply to gunbi @ 2015-02-16 09:27 from utCf - click to readmy baseband version was same and i got the ota update on 12th feb.

• 2015-02-16 14:03
  • utBM

> In reply to manish121 @ 2015-02-16 10:53 from wiSn - click to readJust now got it manish im from kerala(thrissur) update downloading...

• 2015-02-16 12:51
  • utCf

I have installed lollipop update in my s4 device. It looks nice in interface but my KNOX is disappeared. How can I reinstall that function. Please help me. Thanks in advance

• 2015-02-16 12:45
  • rKvi

> In reply to Rajendra Singh @ 2015-02-16 08:19 from tYV6 - click to readHi Buddy,
Can you please give me that Samsung official email ID, the one you got reply for your query.

• 2015-02-16 11:06
  • bEU{

> In reply to gunbi @ 2015-02-16 09:27 from utCf - click to readYa my s4 has also the same version. I got it ota but i haven't downloaded it

• 2015-02-16 10:53
  • wiSn

should i wait for lolipop update for my s4 black edition or update it from service centre ? if i updated it from service centre then future updates will be availble through OTA for me?

• 2015-02-16 10:33
  • tE$Y

> In reply to Suresh.wellfare @ 2015-02-14 10:27 from tUXb - click to readno ultra power saving mode but if you asked me, i would even get rid of the power saving mode altogether because it is not that good...what it does is it lowers brightness level and limits cpu, well if i want lower brightness i lower it and if i want less cpu i buy a lesser phone, believe me, i have had phones where keeping power saving mode on only drained battery, i don't know about s4, never tried and never will; there is a silent mode, i don't understand??!!

• 2015-02-16 09:48
  • naqM

> In reply to Rhett Butler @ 2015-02-14 18:47 from bC7% - click to readI have viber and skype and usually onedrive is always running on background,; I face no problems (no force close or anything) of those or other programs by keeping it limited to 4 and it helps noticeably keeping it that way; i also use clean master with root permissions and even when i stopped those apps from autostarting with clean master, I still had them online whenever i wanted without any messages being lost or interrupted downloads / uploads.

• 2015-02-16 09:33
  • naqM

My S4 baseband version is I9500DDUFNI1 does any s4 got lolipop update of this baseband version

• 2015-02-16 09:27
  • utCf

Those who have not got the update and their phone is in warranty they can go to service center and get their phones updated for free whether its black edition or whichever. why take tension. Also they will install the software from scratch so it will be better.

• 2015-02-16 09:20
  • Hktx

Those who have not got the upadate and their phone is in warranty they can go to service center and get their phones upadated whether ots black edition or whichever. why take tension. Also they will install the software from scratch so it will be betterm

• 2015-02-16 09:18
  • Hktx

I have posted the official reply from Samsung, now anyone having questions please read my previous post and can ask questions... Black edition version hence never got any lollipop update... And if someone is saying that he has received the update means he is fooling you or his software was manually updated or his software was replaced by service centre.... Hence that person got the new update... This is final reply... Still all hopes not ended... As the reply also mentioned that Samsung is working on the query

• 2015-02-16 08:19
  • tYV6

Your question
Dear Sir,
I am using Samsung galaxy s4 black edition and would like to bring this to your kind notice that recently Indian version of Samsung galaxy s4 got android lollipop firmware update but I did not received update on my phone. Please let me know if Samsung galaxy s4 black edition will get this android lollipop or not.
Counselor answer
Dear Mr. Singh,

We thank you for taking time for sending this email and making us aware of the issues you are facing with your Samsung product. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

In response to your email regarding unable to upgrade android lollipop in Samsung handset model GT-I9500 (Galaxy s4), we would like to inform you that currently Android lollipop update for Galaxy S4 is available for the following baseband versions only.

I9500XXUHOAA/I9500ODDHOA2/I9500DDUHOA1/I9500XXUH­OAA

To check the base band version of your handset go to Settings> general> about device> Baseband version or go to Settings> more> about device> Baseband version.

We would also like to inform you that feedback to release a firmware update for rest galaxy S4 versions has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us. So, kindly stay with us till then. It will be available soon.

• 2015-02-16 08:01
  • 7j{n
  • F

Will s4 black edition ever get lollipop update or not? Please if someone know reply...

• 2015-02-16 07:18
  • 7j$M

> In reply to ARG 879 @ 2015-02-15 19:45 from uthV - click to readI don't know abt d old baseband version, but the current aftr updating to 5.0.1 is:
Baseband-I9500DDUHOA1
Build#-I9500XXUHOAA
Release date 30th Jan 2015
....for deep black edition, India

• 2015-02-16 05:24
  • Hkt7

> In reply to THE SUNNY @ 2015-02-13 13:49 from t1$A - click to readYes easy. Don't wear tinted glasses.

• 2015-02-16 04:12
  • PPSX
Total of 18693 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.