Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to GOPAL KEDIA @ 2014-06-11 18:59 from t1$C - click to readThanks Gopal for the valuable information. I will do the factory reset this weekend.

• 2014-06-11 19:29
  • KAYP

Hey Shubham.. hope things are fine at ur end. Was nt posting here since a while and am still happy wit this best post an year usage.
Have u installed Flash player 11.1 and wer u able to play all videoz in stlk browser?

• 2014-06-11 19:10
  • U{Rm

> In reply to dummy @ 2014-06-11 14:28 from H4rJ - click to readIf already installed 4.4.2 kitket version then there is no choice to reinstall. just wait for 4.4.3 update and do install that update via kies... kies replace all files, where is ota replace some. 4.4.3 is bug fix update so update 4.4.3 via kies to replace all bad files installed in 4.4.2 via kies.

In 4.4.2 you can use du battrry saver if once you done factory formate after updating to 4.4.2, if not do factory formate once and then install du battery saver. Battery Back-up will also increase after that (I also use du battery saver in 4.4.2 and was using the same when I was in 4.2.2 while facing problems)... Do remember to back-up all data before formating.

• 2014-06-11 18:59
  • t1$C

Radio is downloadable in this device huh?

• 2014-06-11 16:32
  • rKHr

> In reply to Dr Awaw @ 2014-06-11 13:37 from NqjJ - click to readJust go blindly for S4 9500,you won't regret.

• 2014-06-11 15:34
  • GTh6

> In reply to GOPAL KEDIA @ 2014-06-11 12:19 from t1$C - click to readThanks Gopal. I uninstalled my DU batter saver now and Yes I installed 4.4.2 using Kies.

Could you please help me to uninstall 4.4.2?

Thanks.

• 2014-06-11 14:28
  • H4rJ

this phone is better than s5 my phone is updated to 4.4.2

• 2014-06-11 14:26
  • KIXA

> In reply to Dr Awaw @ 2014-06-11 13:37 from NqjJ - click to readDesire 816 is a mid range phone and is a competitor of s3. It's not even close to s4.

S4 has a way better screen, better camera, is much more compact, removable battery, 3x powerful processor.

They are not even in the same league.

• 2014-06-11 13:51
  • YQrM

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-09 09:49 from YQrM - click to readThanks buddy,night mode really helps indoors the pics are more bright & clear.

• 2014-06-11 13:51
  • GTh6

htc Desire 816 or S4 9500 ???

they r at the same price in my country
please help

• 2014-06-11 13:37
  • NqjJ

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-11 04:25 from YQrM - click to readThanks , My s4 is running on 4.4.2..

• 2014-06-11 13:12
  • 6Qbn

> In reply to dummy @ 2014-06-10 12:45 from wdNG - click to readThis kind of battery problem was with me too when I was in 4.2.2 android version.
Then I updated to 4.3 and sudden battery down problem disappeared. In 4.4.2 too, no such problem exists.
I found that using battery saver apps in android 4.2.2 mostly cause this problem.
Suggestions- uninstall battery saver app (if installed any) and upgrade to 4.3 or 4.4.2 which ever is there.
I suggest to update to 4.4.2 via OTA only not via kies. It will give new features along with better battery life. (Self experienced)

• 2014-06-11 12:19
  • t1$C

I just purchased it today..... Its a very gud phone but the features are hidden. I am in love with the camera and its speed . It is better than s5 if u dnt want waterproof and fingerprint and every thing. I would reccomend it strongly and it is a ctually the best phone in the 30,000₹ range.:)

• 2014-06-11 12:15
  • KAa@

For you all who experience problems like overheating, bad signal for making calls, apps that crash, battery after maximum one day empty, etc... it is the SOFTWARE update that causes the problem!

Since my latetst big update (2-3 months ago) i only had A LOT of problems.

My job is selling smartphones and i can guarantee that sending your phone for repair won't solve ANYTHING! I had a lot of clients who did that and got the phone unrepaired back. Only a reset and a 'software update' were done.

I posted the problem on the Facebook page of Samsung Belgium and they just replied that you can do a reset or wait for updates... What is off course bullshit.
I especially stated that i already did al those things and of my profession i know the little trics with a smartphone to do some serious testing..

What can you do? Nothing, only hope ad pray that the next update will be good enough to get the S4 as good as it was before.

I you want a reaction of Samsung, post your problem on their Facebook page of your country. The company must respond to your post, because if they don't everybody can see that they lack of giving service..

S4 is a fun phone, only that latest update really fucked it up.

• 2014-06-11 11:21
  • SdJh

Hi All,
saw a lot of comments on lagging...
I am using the phone all day for the last 3 months-->
1. need to charge the battery every 15-16 hours!(when in light use) and 6-7 hours when im playing a lot of games and all. But my 3g is always on...always!
It didnt lag at all! and the screen is just awesome!
The phone is always in a cover but other than the cover the phone is really sleek and sexy!
The camera is also very good and extremely fast.
overall... run as many apps you can it dosent lag with 2 gb ram and 8 processors!

Arkajeet

• 2014-06-11 09:38
  • PSLa

My experience is very bad....

Phone gets heating sensation & get hang very frequently. These service center guys has replaced the mother board twice but still the problem exists. I am unable to talk from the handset directly bcoz of heating problem, always has to use blue tooth or hands free to talk.

• 2014-06-11 08:20
  • PI{x

Purchased this unit a year ago, have no major problems (apart from 2 freezes in past 300+ days),can be considered as one of the best phone in its era. Despite being replaced in the market with S5, however, the S4 is still a screamer.

The only problem I see with the S4, is not the S4, but lies with Samsung. Its the support we get (OS) not as fast as it should have been. We paid top money for the phone, but aren't getting sufficient support like they do in...ehem..the iproducts. So Samsung please up your support to enable you to be the top dog!

• 2014-06-11 07:04
  • bxdk

how to work/edit in excel and ppt??

• 2014-06-11 07:02
  • utd{

Phone is mot worth buying
Overheating is major problem
They advise dont use this app,. that app and in net result it becomes S1 so why pay 42000 for S4
I had given 5 times to samsung for overheating Every time they upgraded software and now they the guarantee period is over
So they were waiting for guarantee period to get over
All S4 owners need to come together and file a PIL in court
This happens only in India
The model might have been withdrawn from western market
Indian mango are sent back for some stupid residue or some similar things from west but here a company deceiving thousands of us with a defective model nothing happens

• 2014-06-11 05:53
  • uttU

> In reply to KK syed @ 2014-06-11 03:53 from 6Q9Z - click to readDid you upgrade to android 4.4??????

If not please do it. As i've heard about this problem in android 4.3 . If the problem persists, go to service centre and get a replacement as your piece seems defective.

• 2014-06-11 04:25
  • YQrM
Total of 15961 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.