Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-10 17:51 from YQrM - click to readPlz help when ever I connect my s4 to wifi it freezes , I dont know why and sometimes my wifi doesn't connect to wifi, plz help I have been factort data reset lots time but problem is remain.

• 2014-06-11 03:53
  • 6Q9Z

my s4 has a radio could it b fake

• 2014-06-11 01:11
  • r0bT

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-10 17:51 from YQrM - click to readu said flagship phns or high end phn dnt lag thats that i answered latr !!

any way !!
i will buy it n let u knw my experience !

• 2014-06-10 18:34
  • X}gc

> In reply to prince-Vikram @ 2014-06-10 16:19 from X}gd - click to readYou asked the same question again and again. That's why i ignored you.

And geekranjit is a wannabe reviewer who doesn't know anything and just has money and camera to do shi**y reviews.

Trust me, this phone doesn't lag.

Go for it, you won't regret.

• 2014-06-10 17:51
  • YQrM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-10 12:06 from gA9r - click to readSorry but if the surroundings is hot, the phone absorbs radiation and gets hot. Also it cools down much slower if surroundings is hot.

This is basic newton's law of cooling. I know thermodynamics. So don't school me here.

• 2014-06-10 17:48
  • YQrM

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-10 04:08 from YQrM - click to readhey u havnt rplyd my last msg !!
3 of the people hav complained to me that s4 is a laggy phn evn a phn reviewr from geekranjit youtube said the same ...
still i want to buy the s4 expecting that it wont b that laggy that i cant widstand so plz guide me !!
cz surly its costly for me !!

• 2014-06-10 16:19
  • X}gd

More likes samsung galaxy s4, great desing, fast, not so big....., why not doing new samsung galaxy s4 with snapdragon 805 and 3 gb ram?

• 2014-06-10 13:02
  • 3bmY

After using Galaxy Ace, as a loyal satisfied customer I went for this S4. but this was a big mistake.

The phone is heating up a lot and now the battery is going down from 70% to 0% all of a sudden.

Since it was less than a year, I went for battery replacement and I was shocked to know that I have only 6 months battery warranty. When I inquired, I found that it is common problem in S3 and S4 now.

So, for a flagship product from Samsung - not even battery working a year - it is no good. Quality of Samsung went down from top to bottom very fast.

I could have purchased a Micromax and lived happily for that price and for that quality.... not paying the industry top price for bad battery from Samsung....

• 2014-06-10 12:45
  • wdNG

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-10 04:08 from YQrM - click to readphone heating -nothing to do with summer winter !!! phones batteries heat up when under strain -basic !!darkgamer alias ?

• 2014-06-10 12:06
  • gA9r

Badly waiting for 4.4.3 update...

• 2014-06-10 11:15
  • t1$D

> In reply to JOSEMLUKOSE @ 2014-06-10 03:46 from X}7L - click to readYou don't know how to use the phone. Follow these tips to get rid of heating.

1. Get an s-view cover. It'll dissipate the heating.

2. Wait for 1-2 weeks after the purchase to the phone's firmware to settle.

3. Update to 4.4.2 kitkat and do a factory reset.

4. Go to settings> apps> all and disable samsung link and samsung push. Additionally any app that you don't use, uninstall or disable it.

5. Enable developer mode.

6. Change the transition scale, animation scale and window animation to 0.5x in developer options.

7. Enable Force GPU rendering in developer options.

8. Enable power saving mode.

Note: Please don't use phone for long in very hot environments(>40 degree celcius) and expect it to remain cool. The phone will obviously absorb radiation and be hot if you use it in hot environments.

Wait for summer to go, the phone will be as cool as cocumber.

• 2014-06-10 04:08
  • YQrM

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-06-09 19:14 from tjKK - click to readThe battery backup is lesser than 4.3 but not by much. Still i get 4.5 - 5 hour on-screen time. In 4.3 i got 5-5.5 hour on-screen time. That's not a big deal and I've bought a new battery as a spare so i swap them when one gets over.

I think my battery has gotten old now and I'll update the stats in one or 2 days with the newer battery i purchased. Please always be on this thread. Update people and get updated.

Have a nice day.

• 2014-06-10 04:00

dear bro,
never go for it, i bought one on may 12th 2014, it is heating almost like an iron box, they replaced my motherboard on second week of purchace, but still it is heating to the same extent, now they are telling that it is the normal heating for a phone with "heavy" processor.so think thoroughly before going for it

• 2014-06-10 03:46
  • X}7L

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-09 09:46 from YQrM - click to readThanks very much bro. @darkgamer. I was a bit afraid. Another thing, can you please provide me the info about 4.4.2's battery backup? In my thought battery backup was better in the previous editions of android. Thanks again for your feedback.

• 2014-06-09 19:14
  • tjKK

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-09 14:07 from YQrM - click to readThank you

• 2014-06-09 16:09
  • vGQR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-09 14:38 from gA9r - click to readFirst of all, it won't be too soon and initially the plans will be insanely expensive and unfeasible. Even 3G is highly expensive here and plans are limited( no unlimited plans).

I will be using this phone for at least an year more and i'm quite satisfied with 3G. As we have limited plans, we don't use mobile INTERNET for movie or torrent downloads. so it's not a big deal as 4G won't have much fast in rendering webpages.

I live in mumbai and i don't care if companies launch 4G. I already have 500 Mbps LAN at my place and 100 Mbps wifi.

• 2014-06-09 15:09
  • YQrM

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-06-09 14:07 from YQrM - click to readdark gamer - we hear india is fastracking to 4G -you will need s4- 4G version soon (2 months time )mumbai delhi starters ..eureka !

• 2014-06-09 14:38
  • gA9r

> In reply to tyson kai @ 2014-06-09 12:15 from fCx2 - click to readThe video files are corrupted. Try to download a legitimate video from a better source or download videos from youtube using PC and trasfer on phone to watch.

• 2014-06-09 14:09
  • YQrM

> In reply to mannat @ 2014-06-09 11:54 from rJ97 - click to readGo for it, you won't regret.

• 2014-06-09 14:08
  • YQrM

> In reply to vnykckcvs4 @ 2014-06-09 12:47 from vGQR - click to readNo, you cannot downgrade to 4.2.2 or 4.3.

Don't panic, the battery life will improve on it's own in a week or so.

• 2014-06-09 14:07
  • YQrM
Total of 15961 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.