Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-16 16:41 from fuvF - click to readIf you really want to enjoy your Galaxy S4, just uninstall the Google Play or Google Setting, the Play Store. Whenever you want to download something, turn them on and off again when you're done.

• 2014-05-17 01:27
  • jmK8

I have a problem with my s4 i9500
when I join it to the PC just after a minute it's gone and PC recognize repeatedly
thanks for your advise

• 2014-05-16 20:19
  • j019

> In reply to ForEver-SamsunG @ 2014-05-16 16:02 from YQ85 - click to readThe faux leather is much better than Black mist.

• 2014-05-16 16:47
  • rJ$2

I have not enjoyed the galaxy s4. The phone heats up and the assistive light comes on even when screen is locked, draining battery power.. Have had to change battery once already.

• 2014-05-16 16:41
  • fuvF

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 11:00 from U{xg - click to readThanks a lot Shubham,I'll stay with 4.3

• 2014-05-16 16:32
  • GThf

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 06:47 from rJ$b - click to readHey darkgamer,I was just interested to know that do u use 3g network for internet uses or wifi...and also which mode is enabled on your cell moat of the time 2g or 3g???

• 2014-05-16 16:31
  • uw{x

> In reply to ddaz @ 2014-05-16 11:18 from fCx2 - click to readWhat to do now??
I love my galaxy s4
But it think samsung store will see it as a accidental fall from us. They won't listen to us :-(

• 2014-05-16 16:11
  • 7wDc

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 13:43 from rKq1 - click to readWhich one is good deep black with faux leather or black mist ???

• 2014-05-16 16:02
  • YQ85

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-16 13:43 from rKq1 - click to readHi,
I ran Antutu n it says my device is genuine with octa 4+4 cpu as u said..then d 1st 3 points I already did..n as u said I opened d developer option..now as u r saying if I scale down to 0.5x then won't I get prblm in playing games like Hungry shark..subway n temple run..pls confirm? & wat is force gpu rendering..if I turn it on as u said won't it affect my device? As of now I kept developer option off.

• 2014-05-16 15:26
  • fCx2

My s4 is has heating problem ... the whole screen is heated rapidly. ...my android version is 4.2.2 ...
What should I do....plz hlp me out....

• 2014-05-16 14:43
  • t1$D

My s4 is has heating problem ...whole screen is heated rapidly. ...my android version is 4.2.2 ...
What should I do....plz hlp me out....

• 2014-05-16 14:36
  • t1$D

> In reply to ddaz @ 2014-05-16 12:39 from fCx2 - click to readInstall an app named cpu z. Tell me which processor you see. It should be exynos 5 octa. The no. Of cores must be 4+4. That will prove that it's genuine.

Talking about the heat, purchase the s-view cover. Also do some tweaks that I tell you. You're phone will work like a charm after these:
1. Go to application manager in settings menu. Go to the all apps tab and disable samsung push, Samsung link and other Samsung apps that you don't use. They eat into RAM and easy battery too.

2. If you've enabled power saving mode. Disable it for cpu power saving and screen power saving. They really make phone slow.

3. Go to settings> wifi> advanced and turn off the scanning always visible toggle.

4. Now enable the developer options. This is hidden. To enable it, go to settings> more> about phone and click repeatedly on the build number for 4-5 times. Developer options will be available.

5. Go in developer options, set all the three animation scales to 0.5x and enable 'Force gpu rendering'.

Now your phone will be super smooth and battery life will also increase drastically.

Ask any question or difficulty you faced in following these steps. Please inform me if they helped.

Have a nice day

• 2014-05-16 13:43
  • rKq1

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-05-15 15:23 from rKke - click to readHi Shubham..tell me how can I check d genuiness of my Black edition S4? Bcoz its getting hot near camera as I discussed wid u earlier n for that wen I called Samsung, pune they said they r not aware of such edition in India

• 2014-05-16 12:39
  • fCx2

> In reply to Farul @ 2014-05-16 08:46 from 2ZYq - click to readSame here buddy..m frm india n d metal coat around d ear peice area is bit making noise..m thinking 2 visit Samsung store soon

• 2014-05-16 11:18
  • fCx2

> In reply to SJ @ 2014-05-16 10:29 from PxC2 - click to readI am shubham. I've changed my alias.

Frankly speaking. Don't update to 4.4.2. It's not as bad as people say but whichever way you put it, it's worse than 4.3. The performance is improved and the phone us super smooth now. But the heating has increased and battery life decreased.

If you desperately want to upgrade to kitkat, do it. It's not much worse. But 4.3 was slightly more stable. I would suggest to wait for a good and stable update.

Have a nice day.

• 2014-05-16 11:00
  • U{xg

Hi Shubham, i just bought this powerhouse couple of days back,it's a great phone,just wanna ask you is it a wise thing to update it to 4.4.2,i mean are there any drawbacks after updating it to kitkat?
Thanks in advance.

• 2014-05-16 10:29
  • PxC2

> In reply to Fazi.hhh @ 2014-05-16 07:21 from tesf - click to readGo for S4,it's a great phone to use,Z1 compact just looks good on papers.

• 2014-05-16 09:40
  • w4Dh

I bought my galaxy s4 2 months ago..its beast but past few days i have noticing that the metal coated trim around my s4 is making sound after pressing it under power button..
Its making me mad and i have started worrying abt it

Is everything all right??

• 2014-05-16 08:46
  • 2ZYq

> In reply to Fazi.hhh @ 2014-05-16 07:21 from tesf - click to readS4..just go ahead wid d beautiful black leather faux edition

• 2014-05-16 07:29
  • fCxi
Total of 15601 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.