Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to rithwiq @ 2014-05-21 16:01 from utkd - click to readHi Rithwiq, maybe the best thing for you would be to take your phone to a Samsung Service Center nearest to you, I'm sure they should be able to help you solve this matter for you.

• 2014-05-23 00:37
  • 3VRS

> In reply to ABU @ 2014-05-22 14:32 from sy3Q - click to readdo not buy, poor quality battery, can withstand 15-18h

• 2014-05-22 21:06
  • mNM3

While I'm in a video call, my face is very out of focus. I can see this and so do the people talking with me: they see me out of focus.

The front camera seems to be focused at the minimum distance (I tried putting a finger close to the front camera and it is in focus) and there is no way to let it focus elsewhere or on my face. I appreciate the attempt of the device to preserve my reputation, but I don't think it is always the best way to go.

Please note that this doesn't happen when I use the phone (front) camera outside of Skype.

• 2014-05-22 17:07
  • ShwY

I am going to purchase Samsung Galaxy S4 9505 by tomorrow.. I hope it will be found a good Phone set to use.... I was little bit confuse between LG G2 and Samsung S4 9505 .. but finally now I am purchasing S4..

• 2014-05-22 14:32
  • sy3Q

> In reply to Faisal @ 2014-05-18 18:07 from XNts - click to readBase on my experience S4 i9505 is the best phone for me. But the only problem that I encounter is laggy mode during Subway Surfer game, I don't know what is the problem the phone or the game app.

• 2014-05-22 08:40
  • 7Xba

> In reply to eidbest @ 2014-05-18 15:57 from 3VRR - click to readhi eidbest.i downloaded a kitkat firmware from sammobile.com and flashed it using odin.i wont get kitkat update from india.bcoz i9505 is not available in india i think.i didnt saw the indian firmware option in i9505 firmware database in sammobile.com.i downloaded a german firmware(kitkat version).what i noticed today is that their download server is down now.im living in india now but the i9505 was bought while i was in dubai.

• 2014-05-21 16:01
  • utkd

dear friends i have galaxy s4 I9505 but i found 1 major problem n that is its low internal memory than they described only 9 Gb while they mention 16 GB internal memory

• 2014-05-21 14:40
  • ut$n

> In reply to eidbest @ 2014-05-20 11:23 from xpBj - click to readGreat choice, I have the same phone and its working fine. Great cam :p happy to have it. Thanks

• 2014-05-20 19:58
  • fCxr

> In reply to nikitha @ 2014-05-19 20:06 from 0C4} - click to readHi Nikitha, I am replying only because I happen to have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. My priorities rested on a top notch machine that was fast, reliable, good sound, good cam, good 5" screen and at an affordable price. Now three weeks in owning this beautiful machine, I can confirm that till now, I haven't experienced any of the problems seen on this forum. I am mighty glad I purchased this phone. Now about the S5, since it is the direct successor of the highly successful S4, it certainly is an improvement over what is a still very capable machine no matter how one may look at it. So if you want to be the owner of the latest S series, then if money is no object to you, sure, go for it, but if budget is a major consideration, then the S4 would be a wise choice. Anyway please do ask around for more opinions.

• 2014-05-20 11:23
  • xpBj

dear frnds....plz suggest me which is best among s4 and s5.....I was willing to buy s4 i9505 but saw so many reviews saying that its a crap and performace is waste in s4...it also hav so many problms... is it true..?? am totally confused...kindly help me

• 2014-05-19 20:06
  • 0C4}

> In reply to george @ 2014-05-18 21:35 from 00c{ - click to readHi George, I guess our only option so far is to wait for the official firmware to come, either OTA or using Samsung's Kies. Interestingly enough, I signed up free at Sammobile, a very interesting site full of info for Samsung phone. Please have a look at what their firmware section, quite interesting. Cheers.

• 2014-05-19 18:55
  • 3bZG

between s4 GT-I9500 and s4 GT-I9505 which one is better

• 2014-05-19 10:03
  • Nv$a
  • Samsung4EverandEver
  • Rating0

Guys do you believe that moto e is better that Samsung Galaxy S4 bec. Moto e is claiming that thier phone moto e which doesn't have Led Flash, and Autofocus and Secondary Camera and ugly design plus non removable battery is much better comparing to Samsung Galaxy S 4;

Performance – Faster In Day to Day Tasks Than A Galaxy S4

Delve more deeply into what powers the Moto E and you will find a dual core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset with Adreno 302 graphics. This won’t play the latest cutting edge 3D shooters, but is again a major step up from the competition. Most crucial is performance when navigating the operating system and surfing with the web browser is fast and smooth. In fact Motorola has a few stats worth bragging about when it comes to everyday tasks.
Compared to a Samsung Galaxy S4, Motorola claims the Moto E is:
1.1 seconds faster opening the phone to answer or make calls
0.9 seconds faster opening the browser
0.4 seconds faster returning to the home screen
1.7 seconds faster opening the camera.
Admittedly Samsung gets a lot of abuse for the lag on even its high end phones due to its extensive remodelling of Android with its TouchWiz user interface and custom apps, but Motorola sticks the knife in as the Moto E benefits from simply using stock Android 4.4 KitKat. Motorola also guarantees Moto E owners an upgrade to the next version of Android (5.0). Given it updated the Moto X and G to KitKat just 19 days after it came out, the company has a great track record here.
Note: the Moto E doesn’t have the Google Now Launcher homescreen (that is currently only available to Nexus and Google Play edition devices) but it can be easily enabled with this simple hack.

• 2014-05-19 03:33
  • Kg{4

the best handset samsung ever made like it very much overall its wonderfull and those who are critising samsung for this they do not use this thats why they are posting these type of comments ...........its better than 19500 model because of its battery back up and 4g lte facility and the big thing in that device that you can move apps to sd card in that device which makes this device superior to sony........ i am using this since a month and its running very smoothly and camera is awosome as well as air gestures and amoled display make this device more attractive i suggest you to buy this device instead of s5 because most of us dont need heart rate sensor or a much bigger phone than 5 inches and becasue of its price s4 is cheaper tha s5 so that go for s4 19505 i suggest..........

• 2014-05-19 00:31
  • 6QhE

> In reply to eidbest @ 2014-05-18 15:57 from 3VRR - click to readI have also bought a french s4 and i still havent received the update . :(((

• 2014-05-18 21:35
  • 00c{

Hello everybody,

Can any one help me to know if the KNOWN ISSUES for S4 be resolved as below, since i am planning to buy i9505 s4.

1. When the user is in weak 3G coverage areas, the phone might show a 3G signal but fail to receive calls

2. Users might observe slower download speeds even in good coverage areas

3. You will not be able to do USB tethering on a computer with Mac OS

4. You will not be able to find Flash player application on Google Playstore

5. The phone will convert an SMS to MMS if the user enters more than 1600 characters (10 SMS's)

6. LTE capability of the device is disabled on the phone and the phone will not detect or camp on any 4G network

7. HD Voice is disabled in the software and hence users will not get HD voice

8. Networks issues when users perform a manual network search and select a network other than 3

9. Increased time spent on 2G networks while roaming

10. Flash is not supported by this device, certain websites will not function correctly without Flash.

11. The device will not camp on a 4G network if downloading or streaming started whilst on a H/H+ signal

12. You may observe download failures when the phone is camped on a 4G network and a voice call is made or received from the phone

13. When the customer is roaming outside of the UK and tries to enable tethering on a roaming network, the customer may not be able to browse on their phone and can only browse on the PC or device connected to their phone

• 2014-05-18 18:07
  • XNts

> In reply to rithwiq @ 2014-05-18 12:07 from uuCH - click to readHi Rithwig. My S4 came with the latest official Android 4.3 and is a French sim-free model. I live in Beirut-Lebanon, so far when I try to update to Kitkat, Samsung tells me that I am on the latest firmware. If I am not being impertinent, then I would suggest that you wait till the official version is released. Then a gentleman here was asking for advise about purchasing the S4 or the S5. What I can say is this: The S4 is a beautiful reliable phone, no wonder it keeps selling so well. It is still top notch and the price now is within the reach of more people. The decision is yours if you can afford buying the latest Flagship obviously the S4's successor, the S5 is worth your consideration, but if budget is a priority, then the S4 doesn't have much to envy the S5.

• 2014-05-18 15:57
  • 3VRR

> In reply to eidbest @ 2014-05-17 19:06 from 3bZG - click to readS4 GT 19505 is wonderful mobile, you will never disappointed from Samsung product. I use S2 for three years never face any problem yet in use though I bought S4 GT 19505 . Invest your money DONT WORRY ..... :)

• 2014-05-18 13:06
  • Shvn

did anyone get kitkat update in uae?

• 2014-05-18 12:07
  • uuCH

I suggest to everyone to wait the Galaxy S5 Prime international model instead Galaxy s5 1st edition because they have a Big difference in terms of processor, Memory Ram, and body.

S5 Prime over S5 1st edition

Snapdragon 805 and Snapdragon 801
Gpu Adrino 420 and adrino 330
Ram 3gb and 2gb
Metal body and plastic body

So its better to wait for the latest mobilephone until June.

• 2014-05-18 03:44
  • 7XbV
Total of 2403 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4.