Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to habo @ 2015-03-18 14:02 from fq12 - click to readYES! it will delete EVERYTHING on your phone so make a backup to a computer or cloud prior to fash the firmware.

• 2015-03-18 18:34
  • 9LA5

> In reply to habo @ 2015-03-18 14:02 from fq12 - click to read@ habo

No, Firmware is different to Software, flashing the ROM with Odin won't affect any of your files.

• 2015-03-18 17:22

> In reply to Zain Baig @ 2015-03-18 11:41 from 6QvR - click to read@ Zain Baig

It's okay, I found the problem. It was a rogue app that didn't like Lollipop.

• 2015-03-18 17:19

how can i get lolipop my s4 gt i9505 in bangladesh.please anyone answer me

• 2015-03-18 15:04
  • fxHd

> In reply to Zain Baig @ 2015-03-18 11:41 from 6QvR - click to readdid you upgraded your lollipop by odine ?????
dose your data on phone memory deleted aftre you upgraded your lollipop????

• 2015-03-18 14:24
  • fq12

plz guys i need your help
if i do flash the UK official lollipop to my phone by odine is it will delete my files in phone memory? ???
or just it will upgrade the software and my fils nothing will happen to it.
*i don't have enough memory space to backup my files.

?????????????

• 2015-03-18 14:02
  • fq12

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-18 11:33 from mySN - click to readHello Its with only you, I just checked this thing with my phone and its working great, I installed Lolipop 5.0.1 On my S4 GT-I9505 its working great, Samsung keep doing good job :)

• 2015-03-18 11:41
  • 6QvR

I have discovered a nasty bug in the Lollipop update. I work in a noisy environment and keep the Ringtone volume at 100%. I was getting complaints from people that I wasn't answering my phone. I discovered that every time I accepted a call the Ringtone volume went down by about 50% on it's own. After two calls the phone was almost silent. Now I have to increase the volume back up to 100% after EVERY call. I have checked every setting regarding the sound on the phone but it is still doing it.
I also have a Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.0.1 and that phone doesn't have the problem, so it must be a problem with the Samsung ROM.
I would be interested in finding out if anyone else is suffering the same problem.

• 2015-03-18 11:33
  • mySN

> In reply to taj @ 2015-03-17 16:15 from utTB - click to readYesterday i received an update of lollipop i installed it on my i9505 BTU firmware and it works correctly in Pakistan. even the LTE option is also appear which was disabled in previous android kitkat version.

• 2015-03-18 07:57
  • 6Qf1

after one year using......
I'm very happy with using s4, specially I like some features nobody pointed out.
1, smart alarm- it is pretty cool feature. its nice melody in the morning to wake up with fresh. I never blamed to alarm. coz I like to hear it.
2- cool camera features.- drama mode, not only me, my friends also like this mode.everyone ask how it may take.
3- physical home button and capacitive keys - it is easy to use. no need to touch to screen to find keys.
4- nice design - easy to one hand use. good screen to body ratio.
5- easy operation- I like touchwiz. every thing easy.
6- not boring - someone got mobile.... but nothing 2 do... but s4 is my one of the best friend.

then I honestly dislike.....
1- peel fake metal paint when phone drop. but gap gate protect the screen.
2- pop up camera - still protected. but.... it will be??????????
3- battery- pretty good. not awesome.

plzzzz post your opinion.

• 2015-03-18 04:32
  • Q}4e

> In reply to saadakmal @ 2015-03-17 18:29 from KIZM - click to read@ saadakmal

@ taj

Be warned that that ROM is destined for UK S4 models. It may not function correctly in your country.

• 2015-03-17 19:28
  • mySN

> In reply to taj @ 2015-03-17 16:15 from utTB - click to readDownload the firmware from here and flash it through Odin.
You have to sign-up to download latest FWs.

• 2015-03-17 18:29
  • KIZM

How to upgrade lollipop on galaxy s4 gt-I9505 .

• 2015-03-17 16:15
  • utTB

i have a big prblm frnz plz help me my Samsung galaxy s4 I9505 btry prblm m charged my phone 100% all applications are clean & screen is off but still btry prblm
m chk my phone 15 ltr the btry is 86% plz frnz tell me what can i do ?

• 2015-03-17 07:12
  • U@9{

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 20:12 from LaLn - click to readhello .. bro i need ur help

• 2015-03-17 07:03
  • U@9{

"planned upgrade to v5.0 (Lollipop)"

Upgradable ! Updated mine today in the UK.

• 2015-03-17 00:10
  • mHYk

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 20:28 from LaLn - click to read@ AurelDorel

WOW! That was some post.
Let's try and help you.
Go over to:

There you will find the Firmware on Samsung's own servers. On the left hand pane you will the heading 'Devices' and a drop down menu. Find the phone you have and select the Firmware for your country. Download the Firmware. Then reflash your phone again, but flush the cache partition before you begin to prevent any conflicts.
Good Luck. I hope it works for you.

• 2015-03-16 20:57
  • mySN

LOLLYPOP 501 hit s4 i9505 ota - 991mb - is 5.1 lollypop due soon ? nexus 6 seems to have got 5.1 series

• 2015-03-16 20:50
  • 3JeZ

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-16 20:28 from mySN - click to readI had 4.4.2 previosly with CSC from austria. It worked. Before I had one with Italy cause it appeared before to my provider. Not custom, all taken from sammobile.
I didn't make you stupid.
If there is a problem people should ask before said loud.
By the way, before Lollipop my Knox didn't worked sad my device is not compatible. Stupid thing to say. But my google play sad that. I wrote to Knox support they replied that my device is supported by Knox. That's all. so I google it and after 2 hours I founded on a site the answer, after trying all "opinions". That something that was causing the problem it was enable by me after "reading" on Google that would do my phone fast. Fixed the problem anyway.

• 2015-03-16 20:45
  • LaLn

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-16 17:55 from mySN - click to readGoogle should hire you, such an expert. Why thing other people didn't done that. I read your "flush" did a better thing with your phone but with mine I don't think so. I changed 4.4.2 for 5.0.1, like you change a old machine with a new one. Why is not working? I tell you why.
BECAUSE= they like to control us, they like to hear us complaining of this-of that. And what is the result of this : making a sistem with erorr or bugs.
They made 5.0 why on my phone is 5.0.1 ????
Because of me of you who are finding that on Google are stupid people who made such lausy program and afer releasing on market they discovered THAT IS NOT WORKING.
Why this don't applied to vehicle? I ownn an 2000 Audi A4 if i buy an 2010 Audi A4 will i discover that it should made an update to the engine? No, of course.
SO MY FRINED SEE BEYOND THIS MINOR BUG AND FIND THAT : WE LIKE THINGS -WE PAY FOT THEM - DON'T LIKE CHANGE WITH SOMETHING ELSE.
I WILL SEND THE PHONE TO SERVICE, HOPE THEY FIND A WAY TO ENABLE MY INTERNET CONNECTION.

• 2015-03-16 20:28
  • LaLn
Total of 2773 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4.