Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

How to upgrade lollipop on galaxy s4 gt-I9505 .

• 2015-03-17 16:15
  • utTB

i have a big prblm frnz plz help me my Samsung galaxy s4 I9505 btry prblm m charged my phone 100% all applications are clean & screen is off but still btry prblm
m chk my phone 15 ltr the btry is 86% plz frnz tell me what can i do ?

• 2015-03-17 07:12
  • U@9{

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 20:12 from LaLn - click to readhello .. bro i need ur help

• 2015-03-17 07:03
  • U@9{

"planned upgrade to v5.0 (Lollipop)"

Upgradable ! Updated mine today in the UK.

• 2015-03-17 00:10
  • mHYk

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 20:28 from LaLn - click to read@ AurelDorel

WOW! That was some post.
Let's try and help you.
Go over to:

There you will find the Firmware on Samsung's own servers. On the left hand pane you will the heading 'Devices' and a drop down menu. Find the phone you have and select the Firmware for your country. Download the Firmware. Then reflash your phone again, but flush the cache partition before you begin to prevent any conflicts.
Good Luck. I hope it works for you.

• 2015-03-16 20:57
  • mySN

LOLLYPOP 501 hit s4 i9505 ota - 991mb - is 5.1 lollypop due soon ? nexus 6 seems to have got 5.1 series

• 2015-03-16 20:50
  • 3JeZ

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-16 20:28 from mySN - click to readI had 4.4.2 previosly with CSC from austria. It worked. Before I had one with Italy cause it appeared before to my provider. Not custom, all taken from sammobile.
I didn't make you stupid.
If there is a problem people should ask before said loud.
By the way, before Lollipop my Knox didn't worked sad my device is not compatible. Stupid thing to say. But my google play sad that. I wrote to Knox support they replied that my device is supported by Knox. That's all. so I google it and after 2 hours I founded on a site the answer, after trying all "opinions". That something that was causing the problem it was enable by me after "reading" on Google that would do my phone fast. Fixed the problem anyway.

• 2015-03-16 20:45
  • LaLn

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-16 17:55 from mySN - click to readGoogle should hire you, such an expert. Why thing other people didn't done that. I read your "flush" did a better thing with your phone but with mine I don't think so. I changed 4.4.2 for 5.0.1, like you change a old machine with a new one. Why is not working? I tell you why.
BECAUSE= they like to control us, they like to hear us complaining of this-of that. And what is the result of this : making a sistem with erorr or bugs.
They made 5.0 why on my phone is 5.0.1 ????
Because of me of you who are finding that on Google are stupid people who made such lausy program and afer releasing on market they discovered THAT IS NOT WORKING.
Why this don't applied to vehicle? I ownn an 2000 Audi A4 if i buy an 2010 Audi A4 will i discover that it should made an update to the engine? No, of course.
SO MY FRINED SEE BEYOND THIS MINOR BUG AND FIND THAT : WE LIKE THINGS -WE PAY FOT THEM - DON'T LIKE CHANGE WITH SOMETHING ELSE.
I WILL SEND THE PHONE TO SERVICE, HOPE THEY FIND A WAY TO ENABLE MY INTERNET CONNECTION.

• 2015-03-16 20:28
  • LaLn

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 20:12 from LaLn - click to read@ AurelDorel

Remember that the ROM you used is meant for the UK (BTU). If it doesn't work in your country then you have the wrong CSC (customer service code).
Calling people stupid won't help.

• 2015-03-16 20:28
  • mySN

After updat with Lollipop 5.0.1 data mobile don't work.
All experts. Did that, done that. Reset my phone to fabric settings. Then reset cache. I put Lollipop 5.0.1, reboot phone done another cache cleaning. My battery is drawning verry fast anyway.
I RECENTLY DISCOVER THAT I DON'T HAVE INTERNET ON MOBILE DATA. YES, FOR STUPID PEOPLE I HAVE AN INTERNET PLAN, UNLIMITED... DON'T BELIEVE CALL ME.
I had S3, best phone ever, shame on people who makes this kind of mistakes.

• 2015-03-16 20:12
  • LaLn

> In reply to AurelDorel @ 2015-03-16 16:31 from LaLn - click to read@ AurelDorel

I charged my phone last night to test the battery. Took the charger off at 00:00. At 06:00 this morning that battery showed 97% charge. I checked my Twitter, Emails, & Bank balance. Battery dropped to 96%. Been making calls & texts all day. Now 16:55 and the battery shows 73%.
That's why I always flush the cache partition before I flash a ROM, it saves lots of problems afterwards.

• 2015-03-16 17:55
  • mySN

I updated to Lollipop 5.0.1.First thing:the phone run ok. Negative:Drain battery very quickly. Made a full charge, then phone in standby mode about 15 minutes: battery 92% (wifi, internet off; wcmda/gsm mode; no backround apps).
Some are lucky after update, but not me. I like the phone, but Android updates are made to improve a few things. They know about battery issues and that's all. Me personally I have an external battery. Have fun.

• 2015-03-16 16:31

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-16 01:38 from 3JeZ - click to read@ Anonymous

The Lollipop ROM is available for download on Sammobile.

Because the ROM is an official Samsung release the binary count doesn't increase when you flash it, so the phone will still get updates.

• 2015-03-16 14:00
  • mySN

i9505 s4 -lollypop NOT issued officially yet wordwide due to 4G version . samsung may issue 5.1 lollypop with bugs fixes-- worth waiting for -due out in next 8weeks ..if u flash ROM then official 5.1 would NOT be available for ur handset..

• 2015-03-16 01:38
  • 3JeZ

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2015-03-15 20:27 from mySN - click to readfreefaller- official lollypop for gt-19505 s4 has NOT been issued by samsung yet ..how come you got lollypop ?

• 2015-03-16 01:34
  • 3JeZ

I've been playing with the settings on my S4 running Lollipop.
First of all, you lose the option of shortcuts on your Lockscreen. This is the fault of Google, not Samsung.
Lollipop uses about 300Mb more of your free RAM, (approx 1.3Gb now), and it shows. The phone now suffers from lag when opening some apps. I managed to improve that by opening 'Developers Options' and altering some of the settings - I turned Windows animation scale\Transition animator scale\Animator duration scale down to 0.5x and enabled 'Do not keep activities'. I also set 'Limit background processes' to At most 4 processes. Doing all that improved the free RAM slightly.
The messaging app is awful now! The header is a gaudy ORANGE colour that you can't change and it looks horrible. Samsung should have given us a choice of colours. There is also a setting within the app to turn Notifications OFF, but even when that option is enabled the Notifications still appear. I don't like message notifications on the Lockscreen because other people can read them while I'm away.
You can disable ALL Notifications but that isn't what I want, only messaging.
When you get a message Notification on the Lockscreen and you tap it you still get that horrible Grey box appear that you have to swipe. Why Samsung. Why not a double tap on the Notification to open the messaging app or a slide to the right?
Maybe it is me but the camera doesn't seem to be as good as it was with KitKat. I'll play more with the settings to see if I can improve it.
Battery life suffers under Lollipop as well. It seems to diminish a lot faster than it did with KitKat.

• 2015-03-15 20:27
  • mySN

> In reply to benette7178 @ 2015-03-12 17:05 from a4{i - click to readS4 much better. The other new features like Ultra Power Saving Mode will arrive for S4 with lollipop update. My opinion.

• 2015-03-15 20:21
  • nCKD

Everything is running okay under Lollipop so far. It uses more RAM than KitKat, approximately 1.30Gb, whereas KK used around 1.0Gb
There are several new apps in the drawer - Foodarena, Parku, & Phone Book (local), which I haven't investigated yet.
It's true that you don't get an icon for USB or headphones in the status bar but then who needs them? Surely the user knows when he has a Flash Drive or Headphones connected, he doesn't need telling. Anyway, you can always flick the Notification bar down to see the notification if you need it.
The new Gallery app is an improvement on the KK version.
Contacts is a bit strange at first. You can slide left/right on a contact to choose either call or message, but also press down on a contact for a second to bring up a menu with options.
I can't comment on Touchwiz because I have never used it since finding Nova Launcher. Other users will have to comment on that.
One good thing that I have noticed is that Samsung have included the Mute option in sound settings on the notification bar. Moto G, Nexus 5 etc. users have been complaining bitterly about that option being missing.
I'll use my S4 as usual today and report about the battery life when I've had a chance to test it.

• 2015-03-15 11:35
  • mySN

Its nice look for samsung galaxy s4 lollipop version 5.0.1. Only few are invisible like usb notification and headset are not shown. But it is nice looking. Looks like Its a brand new phone. Thanks

• 2015-03-15 10:05
  • uSPI

I have just flashed the Lollipop (UK) ROM onto my S4. Everything seems to work okay so far, although you do have to Upgrade Google Play Services yourself.
A word to the wise to anyone contemplating this path to the Upgrade - Go into Recovery mode before you begin and flush the cache partition first. It will prevent any conflicts with any KK files left behind.

• 2015-03-14 23:55
  • mySN
Total of 2781 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4.