Samsung P510 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.6
6.5
6.6

Excellent Phone but can someone tell me how to make sms alert tone ring only once. Its continuous alerting if sms is not read can be quite annoying.Please Help

• 2006-06-22 08:54
  • N7Iw

sorry - that last post should have been addressed to 'DaveL'....

• 2006-04-19 14:35
  • SeQN

Daniel - what operating system do you have on your pc? I heard there are problems using Easy Gprs on XP SP2.

• 2006-04-19 14:33
  • SeQN

Yes I finaly transfered photo's from P510 via IRDA to PC.

• 2006-04-15 17:26
  • ixEj

I have a 510 and my daughter has a D500. We both got DATASUITE packages which included a USB data cable and EASYGPRS Software and everything is fine. We can upload and download the data and photos onto our computers. We got it online about 6 months ago from a company called DataKits.co.uk.

• 2006-03-27 23:26
  • n19B

It's about a year since I bought my Samsung P510 and it seems like allmost everyone of us is asking the same question:
-How on earth are we supposed to transfer our pictures in the phone to our PC?

As far as I know, i've not seen a single comment that can answer this question, and i've been searching for help on the net a couple of weeks now :/.

The only conclusion I can think of is that this must be impossible, neither the data cabel or the IRDA works! If there's anyone out there who've acutally managed to transfer the pictures in the phone to your PC, PLEASE PLEASE tell us!

If this doens't work, as for myself atleast, I will never ever buy a Samsung phone again!

// Dissapointed SGH-P510 owner :/

• 2006-02-26 00:04
  • Tu6u

via infrared. nothing, it does not work. u cant send or recieve stuff from other phones or computer!. u should buy a nokia

• 2005-11-14 20:05
  • MSRn

The real fact is every1 who have S p510 come across the same big problem - transfering photos via Ir to PC. Me too. I tried IrDA with serial port & USB - both failure. Working properly as a hardware inside PC but the problem is the stupid phone. There is no driver for P510 and that which I'm downloaded from SAMSUNG web site working bad too. My conclusion - I will never buy phone with camera - any !

• 2005-11-01 14:06
  • mV2@

it's the worst phone.you con't send or recive via infrared...actualy you can't do mutch things with it. if u want to buy a phone i sugest u to buy a Nokia.

• 2005-10-26 19:18
  • mA$0

hey, I just want to know how the infarred actually works, because I can't send pictures and stuff to people using infarred and I cant recieve anything back either. AND If I purchase a data cable will I be able to send things from my computer to my phone, or from my phone to the computer?

• 2005-10-07 11:06
  • PZ4x

I was also wondering if you could have sound wilst filming

• 2005-09-14 20:22
  • m9B8

Anyone know how to get a photo that i set as wallpaper OUT of the wallpaper menu????URGENT PLEASE HELP.....

• 2005-08-29 12:50
  • M{9D

I HATE THIS PHONE!!!maybie its cool because it has auto filpp,but i really don't like it!!!i had a S p510 and it was offul!!! i now have a S e310 and i love it!!!it's much better than p510!!!

• 2005-08-27 00:29
  • ms0x

i have been using the phone for about a year, its a very impressive phone, but i have a BIG problem with the text funtion, its a real pain in the neck!!! i use a nokia phone too, but there is a big difference really, so i hardly use it for text.. too much time wasting.

• 2005-08-17 17:33
  • mix7

This phone is the best one I've ever had! Normally I'm a Nokia fan, but I just had to have this samsung!! What I really liked was the buttom there opens up the phone! I was imprest!

The only "problem" was that it couldn't be quiert! If the tone was gone the vabration was on - that wasn't so smart - but still I love the phone!

Another "problem" was that other people liked it too, så in new years eve 2004/2005 my dear samsung was stoolen!!! I have never seen it since - so I have bourght an other one, an I love this one even more (is the same samsung p510!!)

So by this phone - it's the best!

(Sorry the language - I'm not so good to write english!)

• 2005-08-17 03:19
  • iCJS

My partner has this fone and I love it especially the fancy button on the side so you can open it in a flashy way.what a gimik.
the camera is good and the games are great.
Basically this is a good quality phone.
WELL DONE SAMSUNG. Keep up the good work.
:-)

• 2005-08-10 16:04
  • mse7

can any 1 plz tell me how i set my phone upso i cansend and get photos on my phone i am on tmoblie plz can any 1 help

• 2005-07-13 00:18
  • MSRn

Actually I don't have this phone I am a Nokia fan.Actually my gf is using this fone.She is satisfied witht his phone but now she is facing a big problem in this phone regarding a one of my picture in her phone which she took and set as the wallpaper now she deleted from the myphotos folder but the picture is not deleting from the wallpapers folder.She is afraid of getting caught by her parents b'coz they r really very strict.Anybody who knws how to delete from the wallpapers default folder of the phone.Please contact me ASAP on mzeishan@yahoo.com.Its really very urgent.

• 2005-07-11 11:45
  • Nxsf

Hi apparently the P510 has been discontinued is this true.

• 2005-07-01 10:38
  • NHu9

hi can any1 help me on how 2 work my data cable i have loaded on all data but dno how 2upload anything. plz le me no wot i can upload any how if u no anything about this email me a.s.a.p at

r-o-s-s-y@hotmail.co.uk

• 2005-06-21 21:05
  • SmW{
Total of 138 user reviews and opinions for Samsung P510.