Samsung S7710 Galaxy Xcover 2 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1
6.2
6.1

There is a setting to answer using the home button and to hang up using the power button

• 2013-11-28 15:56
  • xXP@

> In reply to Matjazz @ 2013-11-22 11:54 from ni}8 - click to readI've been googling and found indications that Samsung phones have these feature. I downloaded the S7710 manual and found this on page 104 titled Accessibility:

"Answering/ ending calls:
–The home key answers calls: Set the device to answer an incoming call when
pressing the Home button.
–The power key ends calls: Set the device to end a call when pressing the Power
button."

I know I know RTFM.

• 2013-11-28 14:38
  • ni}8

> In reply to Titi @ 2013-11-25 08:57 from 8xj{ - click to readIf you wanna smartphone with fancy features, cool design and high performance then Galaxy S3 is better choice. However, toughness of Xcover2 is really impresive so if I you have a sloppy hands or just wanna use your phone as underwater hammer, you should choose Xcover2

• 2013-11-26 15:27
  • NLbm

THE INTERNAL MEMORY IS NOT 4GB IT'S 1GB!

I know Samsung quote it as 4gb but that is just a scam. Pretty shocking. The internal storage space available to the user is 1gb. Rooting doesnt help.

Is is possible for gsmarena to update the specs? Or at least add a comment. It's only fair people should be know

• 2013-11-26 13:00
  • d$RT

Hi... I´m close to change my phone. I´ve been thinking between XCover 2 or Galaxy S3?
Would you give me your opinion?
Thank you...

• 2013-11-25 08:57
  • 8xj{

Can incoming phone call be answered/denied/muted with hardware keys?

• 2013-11-22 11:54
  • ni}8

I've been using Samsung B2710 dumbphone for over two year and decided that I'll try a waterproof smartphone. I got used Motorola Defy+ and the longer I used it the more I missed my old phone. After a month I sold Defy. One of the reasons was the lack of buttons and cumbersome position of power button.
I'm glad this phone has many buttons and I was wandering if hardware buttons can be used to answer/decline/silence an incoming phone call?
It could be pretty annoying being stuck with a ringing phone just because I wear gloves that aren't fancy enough for a smart phone.

• 2013-11-21 00:01
  • njEJ

Info is missing the colour black red.

• 2013-11-12 08:51
  • Sux7

for unroot user is not good for gaming, cause of its small rom. but for root user, can be useful for gaming. not bad result on gaming. i have tried the nova 3 and call of duty and the amazing spider man, it runs perfect. no lag found. only asphalt 7 or up can't run smoothly because the micro sd run slow...

• 2013-11-07 06:12
  • LFmN

> In reply to perapk @ 2013-10-08 15:54 from p8r4 - click to readFor games The same as Galaxy S2

• 2013-10-23 18:11
  • HD$B

Is s7710 x-cover 2 good for games? I don't think is it same as, for example s4, only is it usable in that way?
Thanks.

• 2013-10-08 15:54
  • p8r4

yes it can display spanish

• 2013-10-08 06:30
  • 8Ft5

I want to know if this can be in spanish

• 2013-10-01 01:02
  • PcKA

well, xperia active has the worst battery a smartphone can have, and it's really hard to use it if you are texting person, other than that the phone is super good.

• 2013-09-30 07:45
  • nqq7

> In reply to T-H @ 2013-09-13 13:16 from 3Zqc - click to read2.5 rounded upwards.... :)

So far no replacement found that beats my 2.5 years old Xperia Active. Want small screen, lots of memory, waterproof, android, tough. Any good ideas?

• 2013-09-29 21:20
  • 3$H4

Ok, well I am one of those mf....s that try 20 phones per year, this year is my year of rugged phones and I am on my last... xcover 2. I get to try, insmat, AMG rock 5, Seals. CAT 15, cat 10, sony xperia Go, and others but Xcover is better than all of them, best processor, screen and even if it is not that rugged it works.

• 2013-09-26 21:54
  • nXR0

NOT WATER PROOF!!! I fell in w/phone in my pocket. Disassembled to check for water...inside was SOAKING WET!!! Only reason I purchased this model was the 'water proof' feature.

• 2013-09-20 01:09
  • jIAI

> In reply to Paulster @ 2013-08-30 20:32 from 3$ae - click to readHeh. Hard to believe the Xperia Active could be three years old, when it was only released late '11.
But fair point :-)

• 2013-09-13 13:16
  • 3Zqc

Bought it, had it for a month and was glad to be able to return it. Now back to my 3 year old xperia active wondering what to do next. As the old x-active is way better than the xcover2, sticking to the x-active for a while seems a viable option...

Samsung: allow apps to be moved to sd!!!!!

• 2013-08-30 20:32
  • 3$ae

usb / charging flip simply fell of after 4 months of use...(had similar problem with old samsung B2100.
going to take it to the shop next week to see if warranty covers that.

• 2013-08-24 02:54
  • SXhy
Total of 229 user reviews and opinions for Samsung S7710 Galaxy Xcover 2.