wats the exat prise in mumbai i want it in the lowest price from whereever possible plzzzzzzz help
Guys i wouls say this si the best phone i ever used i used all touch scrren mobiles in nokia, sony , lg but samsung star3g is the best in network, mic quality , touch screen bater backup, style i ca rate 5 stars for this mobile guys plz dont comment on this phone if u had not used it and i belive the person who used it will not comment on this phone cos it is so good and no other phone can beat this mobile ti is so hot mobile if people want good picture, sound clarity i suggest then to buy a black and white nokia 1100 fix a sony 12 mp camera, and an ipod which will be sufficient for those music and picture lover hahahahahah.....
Amaaazzzing This new phone from Samsung is equipped with TouchWIZ 2.0 UI along with strong multimedia like a 5MP camera and DivX playback support..
this is the best phone i have ever owened its touch screen is good & responsive the camera is of good quality great battery life good size screen and the internet speeds are amazing
NARCISO, 02 Jan 2010yes i have the sane problem.i will try to turn off the 3g,but i am really thinking to buy an n... moreNARCISO,
I had replacement battery from the dealer I bought my Jet about a week ago. I was the same on the first, it only lasted w/in 24 hrs of stand by time and very moderate use of the phone, as the same all setting to conserve power was done.
But during those time I observed that may cp will be fully drained when the alarm will go on at the specified time of the day. But if there is no alarm on that day it still has remaining charge in its battery, i tried to turn off the ALARM application and the AUTO ON in the alarm application Now may cp can last to 48 to 72 hrs of an avg 1hr talk time, 100 txt msgs a 10-20 mins use of wifi.
There is definitely a glitz in the firm ware of my uni, hope it will be fixed when i update it to a newer firmware.
narciso, 01 Jan 2010i have this phone for a week.it's a great one but has a very short battery life.mine last for ... moredude just double-tap your fone so that you can view your msgs without going to the msg folder.
and for the guy who asks how to disable the 3g mode, go to settings - network settings - network mode-
then select what type of network your country is supported.
i live here in the Philippines and our network is in the GSM 900/1800.
ids, 23 Dec 2009I have been using this Jet for a week, so far it is fine with me, in terms of its applications... moreyes i have the sane problem.i will try to turn off the 3g,but i am really thinking to buy an n 97 mini.i'm sick of getting the phone charged every day.the curios thing is that i talk about 10-15 min per day,no btooth,no wifi no music.
Someone please help me out. I am planning to get this phone or the lg arena (both unlocked)? which one should i buy?
i have this phone for a week.it's a great one but has a very short battery life.mine last for 18-20 hours.it seems that this is a comune issue reguarding this phone.and another thing:when i recive a sms and i push view/exit nothing happens.to see the message i have to go to messages,i can't read it directly.anyone has an answer?thanks
Anybody know if you can delete widgets? Tried downloading others but get a message saying "Unable to download. Maximum number of widgets reached."
When setting up multiple alarm entries and you try to tick the days you want your alarm to repeat; then when setting up a new one you'll find it has replaced your previous alarms (I'm talking about the days you want the alarm repeated) with the new alarm you just created, is it a common problem with all Jet phones, or a firmware bug?
How come character inputs can't be more than 100 for Calendar, Task, Memo apps?
Copy-paste capability should be a mandatory feature for any phone, including this one. But we can't have everything, can we. Well, all phones aren't perfect or nearly as perfect as we want it to be anyway. My overall rating for this phone: 7.5 out of 10. If my battery lasts longer after my 4th charge, I'll give it an 8/10.
Hi. I'm new a newbie to touchscreen phones. I've noticed on my new Jet that whenever the backlight starts to dim before it totally blacks out, and you accidentally tilt your phone a bit, it fully lights up again. Is this common to all touchscreen phones? Well, could that be the reason why the batteries on Jet phones drain fast as complained by a lot of users? I've felt a mild "vibration" inside the the phone when you try to tap it on the topmost part of it; I didn't feel any similar vibration on the other parts of the phone. Could that be a sensor (accelerometer) or something triggering the backlight mechanism of this phone? The "Motion gate" sensor? Like I said, I'm a newbie. I'm just getting used to all this.
I've tried all of the suggestions to make the battery in my Jet last longer like: turning WiFi off, disabling "Power on attach" — even turning off "Motion gate" settings, Transition effect, Vibration feedback and stuff like that. Anyway, it's just my third day of using it, and I've been tinkering with my phone a lot, so obviously that also contributed to the early depletion of the battery. As of right now I'm waiting for my phone to be fully discharged for the fourth time to see if battery performance will be improved this time.
Anywho, I'm from the Philippines and I have an Absolutely Black color of Samsung Jet with S8003DXIG2 FW version installed (which came out-of-the-box). Jet resembles like the other high-end lineup touchscreen phones of Samsung, so it's actually good 'cause people may think you own an Omnia HD or something, hihi. After calibrating the touchscreen, the response is truly fast! Turning off Transition effect reduced the delay for apps and messages to open. I've gotten used to Nokia phones (conventional tactile phones) and I would hopefully like the menu settings of Nokia be applied to Samsung Jet's touchscreen, hehe. Nokia is really user-friendly and requires less pressing to go to a particular menu setting. I don't know if Nokia 5530 is as user-friendly as their conventional counterparts, though. Well, all I need is just a little getting used to which, I am now, by the way. I was seriously juggling my thoughts as to which of the 3 phones I really want (Nokia 5530, Samsung Jet, or LG Arena). Nokia phones are really popular here and I don't want to belong to the increasing mass owners of 5530, so I went for the more high-end one. I really like the camera features; very professional. If you made the correct settings and adjustments, photos appear truly vibrant and sharp. Of course, it's still not a bona fide digicam, so you can't compare the image quality; but images are almost excellent for a phone with a 5mp camera. Videos not that spectacular, but still it's acceptable to my taste. This phone has its shares of pros and cons (where pros outweigh the cons). All in all, this phone rocks!
Minor gripes and questions:
1. I don't like Widget toolbars. Is theres a setting that I can go to to hide it permanently?
2. How to make all text messages be stored onto phone memory by default instead of SIM. That setting is lacking in this phone and you have to do it one by one.
3. Is there a way to customize EACH folder view? (Not make folders/files get viewed as thumbnails, lists or in grid)
4. Do character inputs have bigger capacity if I update to a new FW version? (eg. Calendar Schedule details only have a maximum of 100 characters.)
5. In relation to question no. 4, is there a Notes application that I can download for use on my Jet? Calendar, Task, and Memo app only have a very limited 100 character inputs. A Notes application can have at least 1000 character inputs. (I find Notes a very useful program and it should be a standard app to have come pre-installed.)
6. Panning zoomed photos when browsing is fast (either through My files or the Media cube), if it is viewed in its original orientation. Same cannot be said when viewed sideways as it is jerky and laggy. Is there a fix for this where it doesn't involve flashing or upgrading FW version? I don't like using Photo browser; it's very inconsistent and most of the time does not respond even when I've been stroking it really hard.
7. Document viewing altogether is crappy. Zooming and panning is a pain to work with. Is there also a fix?
8. For the main Menu, I really would like if you can customize and rearrange each icon to your liking. Is this possible? If not, then a Menu like that on the Samsung Star WiFi. (It's not customizable, but at least you get 2 tabs: one for the main menu icons, the other is for multimedia icons and other icons, which is better.)
9. Lastly, is the screen itself really scratch resistant? I have a screen protector on, and I wasn't able to test if screen responses were better without a screen protector on. Although my Jet is fast, but some times it tends not to recognize my finger strokes and swipes, and nothing happens. It may be because of the screen protector, or I may not be stroking hard enough, I don't know.
10. I just like to add, why is it that the phone speaker is situated at the back and not just at the bottom of the phone, if it was possible? Even when there's a ridge in between the speakers, sound still gets toned down and muffled if placed in level surface; more toned when it gets placed on fabric surfaces, which ruins the loudness of the tone or alarm you selected.
ice, 28 Dec 2009Finally,after a long comparison between d Jet and Arena, i have decided to buy this Samsung Je... morehows texting?is it easy to type and responsive?can you watch youtube and hows the quality?hope to hear soon from you.
Leb09, 28 Dec 2009Is it worth it to buy this phone???? i've been checking a lot of different phones and i like t... moredont if you dont like resistive touch screen, typing on jet is not good,choose a capacitive one
MAK, 29 Dec 2009I have the S8003 for a few weeks now. Overall all I like and recommend it. To take the obvious... moreNot sure what sort of spellchecker caused this but I meant: Customizability not (stablizibilty...).
I have the S8003 for a few weeks now. Overall all I like and recommend it. To take the obvious out of the way this will not provide you with the same functionality of a windows mobile phone. If you need a true smartphone look at other WM or other options
I am able to see youtube while connected over wifi. Originally this didn't work because the RTSP port used by the internal youtube player was not open on my wireless router. Search for port forwarding triggering on how to open the RTSP port 554. Alternatively you can use 3G (expensive not worth it) or use the desktop configuration (go at the bottom of your youtube page and click desktop - it will be too slow though).
What I like are the brilliant lcd screen (no oily patch etc). The accurate on screen keyboard. And the 3.5 mm headset.
What I don't like are, not too many useful apps and Limited stabilizability.