Samsung S8500 Wave - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.5
7.2
7.6

Man, don't do that. This fone with bada 1.2 still has one of the best cristal clear sound players around. System is fluid enough and browsing with Opera works great with no memory problems. Camera apps are great. If that isn't enough, well... bada hasn't security issues, hackers didn't waste time searching for them, so you are safe.

• 2014-11-21 00:23
  • pXDp

> In reply to Yacine @ 2014-10-29 20:19 from 34$R - click to readstill alpha, not stable !

• 2014-11-14 02:11
  • fkfh

> In reply to Yacine @ 2014-10-29 20:19 from 34$R - click to readHow do I install a new os in my phone?

• 2014-11-06 17:19
  • gJ2J

Funny thing, I finally replaced Wave with Blackberry (OS 10) to be aligned ergonomicaly with my work phone. Removed the SIM card, put into flight mode. After several days I took a look. Battery is still at 73%! Seems it will last some weeks... anyway, even with Bada (2.0 actually) limited use, it's a great phone. Good battery life, excellent display, metal frame etc. But I didn't expect more buying it four years ago.

• 2014-10-31 16:13
  • TmTF

sound is awesome at this phone

• 2014-10-31 11:09
  • 0wNk

> In reply to Jani @ 2014-10-19 22:31 from Sr1e - click to readjust forget about bada , you should install android 4.0.4 or android 4.4.2 on your samsung wave it's so smooth and you can use skype and viber and play hard games like real racing 3 , i have a wave I and i use android always everything works .

• 2014-10-29 20:19
  • 34$R

I have installed on bada 2.0 apps. Samsung apps icon were gone, when I restarted phone. Is factory reset finnaly solution, because i can't get either in the menu of the phone. Which password may I enter in factory reset ? Tnx

• 2014-10-19 22:31
  • Sr1e

this phoe has incredible sound quality

• 2014-10-19 20:13
  • fk6U

> In reply to Yacine @ 2014-10-02 15:31 from 34$R - click to readhey yo. how to install android to my samsung wave bada? tnx

• 2014-10-18 09:59
  • 7XrG

> In reply to djsam1900 @ 2014-08-21 21:26 from 3Y2Y - click to readyeah its very easy al you have to do is instal android first

• 2014-10-02 15:31
  • 34$R

samsung I hate you so much for leting me alone with this expencive (once) phone, i invested my money in bada that suppsed to be innovative and great and you just abandoned the project i hate you twice for samsung apps - no samsung, no f**cking with me! i dont buy any samsung no more!!

• 2014-08-23 10:33
  • 3SiW

> In reply to yacine @ 2014-06-03 23:46 from 34$R - click to readhellow... iam using samsung s8500 bada 1.0. iam trying to get watup app into my phone. Could you guide me how can i get watsapp for my phone. Thanks

• 2014-08-21 21:26
  • 3Y2Y

S8500 is one of the best phones in history. Lack of Android wasn't never problem. Samsung gave us choice by releasing I9000 Galaxy S in the same time, which has almost the same specification. Staying with Bada which has lack of fireworks "forced" us to use this phone as it was intended. The biggest flaw of Android is that it gives impression that your phone can do so much more, that it can be like PC or game console. But it is not and it will never be, because what makes your PC a PC and your console a real gaming device is software developed for specific environment (Windows, iOS, PS, Xbox).
Sooner Microsoft or Apple succeed in blending mobile and desktop experience together than Google. But for that we will have to wait a little longer for mobile hardware and desktop software meet in one place.

Anyway great phone, great battery life, superb LCD and it has hardware buttons (which I really appreciate, especially in winter).

After 3 years of using Wave I can say I made a great choice. And I will be using Wave as secondary phone until its days will pass.

• 2014-06-24 22:14
  • nuTr

i am using android since a long time this phone may not look powerful but believe or not i played asphalt 8 and real racing 3 and a lot of hard games using android on this phone without( a few ) lags and whatsapp and a lot of more apps this phone is simply amazing even the disgine , if only this phone comes with an android os i swear i would by it

• 2014-06-03 23:46
  • 34$R

> In reply to SamsungFanBoy @ 2014-05-29 17:51 from i5x7 - click to readUsing "greenify" app helps a lot.

• 2014-06-03 12:07
  • t}Hd

> In reply to BUNNY @ 2014-05-22 22:04 from utnZ - click to readIf you want to have a useless laggy phone that will hold the battery for 1 day that install Android on it. Bada is stable platform that is very generous on the battery life.

• 2014-06-03 09:14
  • 3bmN

> In reply to madscff @ 2014-05-24 20:32 from gxu3 - click to reada single core phone which uses a preety old hummingbird chipset may not do well with android, that being said your phone may lag a lot, may misbehaves at times if you use the android OS on it.

• 2014-05-29 17:51
  • i5x7
Total of 22334 user reviews and opinions for Samsung S8500 Wave.