Samsung S8500 Wave - user opinions and reviews

7519113

7.5
7.2
7.6

samsung I hate you so much for leting me alone with this expencive (once) phone, i invested my money in bada that suppsed to be innovative and great and you just abandoned the project i hate you twice for samsung apps - no samsung, no f**cking with me! i dont buy any samsung no more!!

• 2014-08-23 10:33
  • 3SiW

> In reply to yacine @ 2014-06-03 23:46 from 34$R - click to readhellow... iam using samsung s8500 bada 1.0. iam trying to get watup app into my phone. Could you guide me how can i get watsapp for my phone. Thanks

• 2014-08-21 21:26
  • 3Y2Y

S8500 is one of the best phones in history. Lack of Android wasn't never problem. Samsung gave us choice by releasing I9000 Galaxy S in the same time, which has almost the same specification. Staying with Bada which has lack of fireworks "forced" us to use this phone as it was intended. The biggest flaw of Android is that it gives impression that your phone can do so much more, that it can be like PC or game console. But it is not and it will never be, because what makes your PC a PC and your console a real gaming device is software developed for specific environment (Windows, iOS, PS, Xbox).
Sooner Microsoft or Apple succeed in blending mobile and desktop experience together than Google. But for that we will have to wait a little longer for mobile hardware and desktop software meet in one place.

Anyway great phone, great battery life, superb LCD and it has hardware buttons (which I really appreciate, especially in winter).

After 3 years of using Wave I can say I made a great choice. And I will be using Wave as secondary phone until its days will pass.

• 2014-06-24 22:14
  • nuTr

i am using android since a long time this phone may not look powerful but believe or not i played asphalt 8 and real racing 3 and a lot of hard games using android on this phone without( a few ) lags and whatsapp and a lot of more apps this phone is simply amazing even the disgine , if only this phone comes with an android os i swear i would by it

• 2014-06-03 23:46
  • 34$R

> In reply to SamsungFanBoy @ 2014-05-29 17:51 from i5x7 - click to readUsing "greenify" app helps a lot.

• 2014-06-03 12:07
  • t}Hd

> In reply to BUNNY @ 2014-05-22 22:04 from utnZ - click to readIf you want to have a useless laggy phone that will hold the battery for 1 day that install Android on it. Bada is stable platform that is very generous on the battery life.

• 2014-06-03 09:14
  • 3bmN

> In reply to madscff @ 2014-05-24 20:32 from gxu3 - click to reada single core phone which uses a preety old hummingbird chipset may not do well with android, that being said your phone may lag a lot, may misbehaves at times if you use the android OS on it.

• 2014-05-29 17:51
  • i5x7

> In reply to BUNNY @ 2014-05-22 22:04 from utnZ - click to readhttp://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2400126

there you go pal any questions mail me bbergin23@gmail.com

• 2014-05-24 20:32
  • gxu3

I have this phone bought from Australia , Vodafone branded in 2012. It Still Runs on Bada 1.0 platform am unable to upgrade , i want to convert it into Android . Is there any Way doing it . Its Unlocked and can use any Sim.

• 2014-05-22 22:04
  • utnZ

> In reply to Miki @ 2014-05-16 10:45 from 3bmN - click to read wave8500

• 2014-05-17 09:10
  • rKMj

I just bought this phone NEW for 1/10th of the price you had to pay 3 years ago. The build quality is excellent, the screen is probably the best screen out there. The video camera is very good. The battery life is excellent, it lasts more than 10 days (without internet). You can watch Youtube videos without any problems, or you can browse the internet sufficiently good, but I don't see this phone as a smart phone, I use it as my second phone, an excellent feature phone.

• 2014-05-16 10:45
  • 3bmN

new updates available. ..... enjoy

• 2014-05-08 12:34
  • Hkqk

My good old trusty Samsung Wave finally retired.
Excellent phone overall. Exceptional build quality. Handled falls and bruises like a pro.

Having hard time looking a phone worthy enough as replacement. :)

• 2014-03-28 10:07
  • UD}D

Thumbs down for it dosn't support Whatsapp !!

• 2014-03-07 14:01
  • 2SU}

It would have been unbeatable,if it had been launched with Android.Best in its class.

• 2014-02-22 08:57

• fxHc

amazing n unbelieveable

• 2014-01-28 05:05
  • KiWB
Total of 22323 user reviews and opinions for Samsung S8500 Wave.