ria, 26 Sep 2010hi i am from India
i wanna know can i buy piscel office(for editing doc files) from India? ... moreWell, you will have to wait till paid apps store is launched in India.
Navigation is good, though not at par with Google Maps. It is free for one month, post which you will have to buy it.
Ankitm, 26 Sep 2010Hi Wavers, I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad &... moreAgree with you on most points, save the one on GPS. I felt that the GPS receiver was good. Route 66 is what needs betterment.
The poor battery life maybe caused by it processor ..because it has 1ghz processor it drains more battery..and maybe the screen brightness also..
Ankitm, 26 Sep 2010Hi Wavers, I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad &... morei think the only drawback of wave is it cant download all kind of files from the net with the dolphine browser and for the resolution,the screen should b 3.5 or 3.7. anyway i m happy with that s screen size. can anyone tell me how to download any format of files from the net with the wave dolphine browser? pls any one help me. i m waiting for ur comments. thanks
Hi, there is a widget called "EvMemo" available at Samsung Apps Store. This is a widget that every WAVE owner wanted it for a long time.
i am very much happy and satisfied after purchasing this leader of mobile phone.
that is one and only one samsung wave gt-s8500
now i have said bye bye forever to nokia
Ankitm, 26 Sep 2010Hi Wavers, I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad &... morei tried 5 times to upgrade through kies and it failed every time.after the 5th time the phone went all wierd and some things stopped working like clock,some widgets,pinch zooming,half my downloaded apps and the alarm.had to send it away to get it fixed but at least its covered by the waranty.wave is the best phone ive ever owned.love it to death so my advise is if you really want to upgrade it might be a safe bet to send it away and get it done safely.
cool phone,not really xpensive compared to sony-ericson xperia x10.this phone would be very much better if batery has a bit longer life.
[deleted post]buy the wave in stead of the X6, much faster and beter screen
Ankitm, 26 Sep 2010Hi Wavers,
I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad &... morefrom ur good bad and worst point, i can make out only good things about dis phone.ur bad things are not really bad for me.
1.unlock key--->are u out of ur mind??its one of d best feature of dis phone.
2.Music Store--->ha ha ha.cant u download songs from some song site?????
3.Apps--->the app store is increasing everyday.and u should't hav any problems wid it.
So,everythings good wid dis handset.no need to worry at all.
Bought a tv out cable for just 40 bucks.it works like a charm.playing shift or asphalt on tv.it can beat any gaming console out there.thumbs up for wave!
I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
1. The Gud
- Screen: no need to elaborate, i fall in luv with it every time I look at the screen
- Battery: It was bad on first couple of days & then improved a lot. It lives little more than 2 days with more than normal use (little more than my Nokia 5800)
- Ease of use: was on top of it one first day itself :)
- the solid feel & handling
- Gud camera & amazing video recording capabilities
- GPS & Missing Google Maps
- Missing live wallpaper: it is an owesome feature in Samsung Galaxy S
- Apps Support: Hope this improves in coming days
- Missing Music Store OTA or Wifi stright from the fone just like Nokia or Apple (this is like expecting too much from Samsung :) )
- Unlock Procedure: I am worried that the extensive use of the unlock key will lead to very early wear & team of the key - hope samsung had something as easy as Android has using the screen.
- Kies: I have tried upgrading my fone multiple times but failed every time. Now have decided to not try again "Dont try to fix if it doesn't breaks"
In case someone can help me with the upgrading stuff ...
SK, 26 Sep 2010I bought this phone yesterday...one day experience is superb with this phone, but I guess this... moreHi SK,
Keep faith .. I had the same experiace when i bought this fone a month back .. but the life improved drastically in a week's time .. keep charging regularly & you will note the change ...
Keep Waving :)