Samsung T746 Impact - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.6
6.4
6.6

I want to know if this phone could download whatsapp

• 2014-08-26 22:42
  • PHkN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-27 18:00 from xGrG - click to readI have no data or internet on my phone and I have caller display! It depends on your plan, not on internet capability!

• 2013-09-20 00:15
  • EKnF

My Samsung t746 phone won't let me see who's calling me , why?!

• 2013-08-23 06:11
  • IDjX

I like this phon. But i want to know if it's possible to download viber on this phone.

• 2013-04-07 01:59
  • 8IVc

> In reply to max @ 2011-05-03 13:43 from 8ySP - click to readyou dont have an internet option on your plan thats why

• 2012-11-27 18:00
  • xGrG

I had this phone for a year and a half, no problems so far, it endured many things such has pretty heavy water damage, i dropped it a lot of times and it still work great.

Few things tho, the sound is really low even at maximum, and the touch can feel bizarre for the first few weeks but we get used to it :)

• 2012-11-27 17:43
  • xGrG

ihave t749 phone need keypadnoplz

• 2012-11-14 16:54
  • 7tRw

This phone is horrible. The screens sentiviity such. it deletes people out of my contacts. there is no 3.5mm headphone jack so i cant get new headphones. it is a hassle to take the memory card out becasue they protecter thing holding it down is broken. I wouldnt reccomend this phone to anyone, It is not a great phone.

• 2012-10-30 13:46
  • 9yqH

> In reply to dreams @ 2012-08-23 20:42 from K6m7 - click to read*#6984125*#

• 2012-10-06 04:51
  • s8e4

i need do internet settings manually,how to do?

• 2012-08-23 20:42
  • K6m7

> In reply to Lee @ 2010-08-03 20:04 from Y2Lr - click to readYou need to download the New PC Studio here http://www.samsung.com/ca/supp...ownload=true You can then upload and download via you USB cable as much as you want. Be advised that the Firmware Upgrade feature doesn't work for this phone.

• 2012-07-23 23:14
  • 4AUq

> In reply to godfather80 @ 2011-10-07 12:01 from fnTg - click to readI have the same problem. have you got any solution yet?

• 2012-06-23 17:23
  • PEqh

I've had this phone for about 2 years now. I have the ice blue version, and it's been working well until around a year ago. It's been constantly freezing and rebooting, not responding to my touch, having an inaccurate battery percentage (though I think it's just me not using charging cycles)and a bunch of other things that really make it unusable. It fails to send text messages, as it just shows the loading screen for 2 minutes and says "try again?". Even if I try to send a picture message it shows an unknown error.
Overall, this WAS a great phone, but it just started to become a monster as it got older. What I really liked though is that it can survive quite anything, like dropping it and some water damage etc. without breaking. Also, the price I bought it for was reasonably low, so I'm happy about that.
But there's no point since it doesn't work for me. Might as well throw it in a lake.

• 2012-03-16 00:36
  • scPh

> In reply to godfather80 @ 2011-10-07 12:01 from fnTg - click to read any time i try to install opera and other applications am told to check my internet settings . does this phone not support applocations

• 2012-02-03 11:18
  • N7AQ

samsung t749 poor set voice ,speaker sound , touch is very good , can any body tell me how to change speaker because speaker sound very low

• 2012-01-09 19:26
  • uWJc

1 why is that my highlight does not support applications,
i download.
2 it tells me to check my internet configuration.
3 will there be a software up to give me full browser settings,because i only have clear cache,delete cookies,cookie options,delete history,preferences and about browser there.thank you.

• 2011-10-07 12:01
  • fnTg

well, had this phone for about 6 months. And now am bored, so went and bought a lg gt540. this fone does not have enough features. and only has 1 plain theme. which is boring. sound quietly is ok. and battery is awesome. this phone wont suit anyone who likes to play games, and always keep flash, more only for a text and call person . thanks

• 2011-08-30 07:10
  • TSDA

Usualy when one buys a smart phone you think a feature like a gps is standard, in this case the only reason i bought this phone was for the gps. However the gps doesn't work unless you are on a yearly plan with Bell, i am on a pay as you go plan to prevent a huge bill from being racked up if i lose this gadget.So now i am going to smash this phone just like the other ones & buy a gps.

• 2011-07-15 19:28
  • qbsP

I bought this phone and used it for just over a year, and have to say it's been one disappointment after another.

The phone claimed to have 3G HSPA speeds, but the processor was barely fast enough to even deal with text messages, let alone data transfer. That's before factoring in that this phone was completely unusable for texting because of its low quality screen: it had neither the size or precision needed for an on-screen keyboard to work at any speed of typing. Again, because of the low powered processor, the web experience was severely lacking, with most pages hitting a memory error after 5 minutes of waiting for it to load. The music player was easily categorized in the "afterthought" category, it croaks at 900 songs and refuses to even display more than that (to load 900 songs, use a mini SDHC card). Just to pour salt on an already life-threatening wound, the phone lacked a 3.5 mm headphone jack and the music player had an annoying tendency to take an absurdly long time to load up songs before playing them.

The home screen, which contained a weather, date and time, and calendar widget, the YouTube app, and the calling features were the only few things that worked. In the case of the YouTube app, it did, however fail to load some videos. The speaker was also properly loud and probably the best I've ever had. This phone also earns an extra tick in the design category because of it's legendary durability. After upgrading from this phone, It survived repeated impacts (no pun intended), fire and water with only a few scratches to show for it. Durability means nothing if the functions of the phone aren't up to scratch though, and that prevents any greater rating than what I've given it in this review.

Overall, I would fault this phone not at software but at hardware. The software, in most cases would be adequate makings of a decent phone if the hardware were powerful enough to support it. It's a shame that the hardware is as poor as it is, and it is the ultimate downfall of this phone.

• 2011-06-02 05:50
  • kxS}
Total of 79 user reviews and opinions for Samsung T746 Impact.