Got the U700 2 weeks ago - nice screen and easy to use buttons. BUT, I cannot set a task to actually remind me - seems the alarm for tasks can only be set by linking the phone to pc? Second problem is I cant find a way to switch my phonebook from SIM to phone memory - any ideas please?
the volume on the u700 is soft even if its at its loudest
does any one no of a code or an option setting on the phone to make it louder?
please let me know
my samsung is not workin..the touch pad light didnt go off for a while and then its not even responding now!!!
am enetring the phone lock code but it dsnt respond by any button..so the fone is bee of for 3 days now... and still no clue!
Hi all!I want to ask how can i make some picture on the hole screen when somebody is calling me,because now it's small and i hardly see .What's the point of the picture if it is too small .Does anybody has answer?
to all dont upgrade ur firmware.......its not good...you will end up nothing...
can somebady tell me how can i delete the message recipients .,thanks
hi all! I've just bought this phone, and I assure you I'll regret it. I think I have the last European firmware: U700XXGJ4. These things go wrong:
- ringtones sound too low, even at max volume.
- first two seconds of a ringtone being played are even at lower volume.
- cannot use mp3 nor wav as sms tone, as you've noted before.
- I'm really scared on what you've said about coat peeling.
- Samsung PC Studio 3.2 stores SMS in an MS Outlook MSG file. Samsung PC Studio 3.0 stores SMS in a MS Access MDB file. I cannot recover my sms from my old phone. (thanks, samsung, for your not-converting utility).
Concluding: I'm really disappointed with this phone: pretty and unuseful.
Anyone knows what's these new firmwares are.
They don't seem to be for any country or carrier.
I bought the U700 becoz i loved its look and features but now it is letting me down. the silver spray on the phone some how peels off. i have taken it back to where i bought it and they fixed it but its starting again. i take care of my phone, its my baby, but why does it peel?
does this have advanced camera options like "macro feature (available in SE w810i) " ?
FOR EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT U700 IN AUSTRALIA
Ok this is an update from my last post a few weeks ago. i went to samsung to get my paint peeling fixed. they make you fill out a form and on the form there are 2 major things you should be aware of:
1) Check for Defects. - a samsung technician will look for any defects on the phone and repair it BEFORE repairing the peeling paint. if your phone has had any physical/water damage then they will fix that damage before doing the paint. if they do find any defects, it will cost you $50 for the quote and the repairs will cost extra. they wont just fix the peeling paint alone.
2) Memory erase - it's samsung policy to have all the phones brought in under warranty to have their firmware (the software that runs the phone) upgraded to the newest/latest versions. This will result in a loss of everything on the phone, eg games, photos, contacts, profiles, internet settings, etc. in otherwords the phones will be reverted back to its original factory settings.
unfortunately i washed my phone (IT STILL WORKS!! LOLZ) so it'll cost me quite a bit to fix my LCD's water streak marks (they're barely noticeable). I dunno what else they might detect/replace so i wont be repairing mine. The peeling paint will always paint me to look at...but *sighs* it's my fault i guess.
So for everyone out there with peeling paint. GO GET YOUR U700s REPAIRED!!!
>>>ayesha : The Theme on Samsung u700 cannot be changed ! It`s just 1 - Black . That`s all
>>>mewy : U are so right ... I made pretty good pictures with my phone Love it
>>>spunky : It`s quite easy ... BUT please pay attention to the instructions
>>>arpita : No it can`t record conversations during a call . Well at least not my firmware version .
>>>amir It doesnt require Internet Connection .
>>>molly : My hadn`t peeled yet . (2 weeks) I`ll keep u posted . It can record by space not by time ,so as long as u have memory it will record . But at 176x144 i don`t think u should even bother with video . Pictures come out pretty good . The phone is solid buid but i don`t think it would survive such harsh treatment as the one u`ve applied to your D600 .
I'm thinking of buying this phone - desite the comments on peeling and battery time. however- is true that only 4 seconds of video can be recorded? I had an amazing D600 which recorded video for minutes- ( i dropped quite drastically, my son also put it in the toilet, and it survived). Does this nice phone not record or what?? please answer!!