Sharp 930SH - user opinions and reviews

182082

6.2
6.2
6.3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-30 03:47 from PEKR - click to readI red the infos, but I am not care what happen on Asia, because I don't live there, I live in Europe, and I hope Sharp will beat Samsung and Nokia with some really high-end devices!!! Japan is the best!!! Actually Sharp makes the first camera phone, and they made the first coloured screen phones, sorry 4 my english. Also in Japan was announced the world's first digital TV phone, and the world's first waterproof phone!!!!

• 2009-07-30 13:09
  • Laxc

Apparently China is getting it's first 3G version "the Aquos" soon.

Google "China 3G the Aquos" to find out more.

• 2009-07-30 03:47
  • PEKR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-27 15:10 from tVH7 - click to readYes, maybe they prepared big surprizes for us. Japan is the BEST!!!

• 2009-07-27 17:38
  • Lax1

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2009-07-27 12:51 from Lax1 - click to readOww, don't be sad :D
Toshiba have already re-entered the market in Europe with their TG01, and that device is backed by NTT Docomo.

But as you can see, it's a touch device, but one of the best in it's class.

SHARP will most likely do something similar. I love clam-shell's too, so I wouldn't mind just ONE model that is flip.
Let's wait and see, maybe they'll surprise us!

• 2009-07-27 15:10
  • tVH7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-27 12:24 from 2WG0 - click to readI am sad because of this, I want to see great Japanese phones in Europe too. If the design is not clamshell, this is not a problem.

• 2009-07-27 12:51
  • Lax1

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2009-07-27 11:03 from Laxc - click to readWhen the article talked about "Galapagos" it was referring to the Japanese Market as "too evolved and advanced" for this world. This means that it's products are too specifically tailored to only suit the Japanese environment and that these phones will not sell overseas.
You have to think globally. Many of us who love these phones are a VERY small minority. You have to think about all the iPhone type people that don't care about hardware as such.

SHARP may produce smart-phones, but in my opinion they will be HTC like devices. Powerful and smart, but without the bells and whistles of the Japanese phones. I highly doubt that flip-phones will be re-introduced, unless low-end GX-33 type devices.

By T930 I was referring to the 3G Taiwanese WX-T930 version, not Toshiba.

• 2009-07-27 12:24
  • 2WG0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-27 02:20 from PEKR - click to readThat T930 device is made by Toshiba?

• 2009-07-27 11:03
  • Laxc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-27 02:20 from PEKR - click to readBut if you rad all the news, there you can see that the chief said is not too late for them to make phones globally. So we will see...

• 2009-07-27 11:03
  • Laxc

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readThe article confirms to me that Japan will not be releasing anything like their japanese phones in Europe.

If you're a clamshell lover like me, the best option is to buy a T930 or T923 from Taiwan and keep it for the next 3 years.

• 2009-07-27 02:20
  • PEKR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-24 11:23 from PEKR - click to readYou saw the site I wrote? If you not, plz visit that site.

• 2009-07-26 13:32
  • Laxc

Well that leaves no other option to sharp but to propose phones with high features, in order to be chosen by carriers to sell them, hehe.

• 2009-07-24 23:53
  • nqFA

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2009-07-18 13:54 from Laxc - click to readWell, they are only doing this because sales in Japan have dropped. They don't really care much about Europe because our requirements for mobiles are much more simplistic that that of the Japanese.

Japan and Europe are two completely separate systems.
In Japan, the operators (Softbank, DoCoMo, KDDI..) decide what the handsets should do, look like, etc.

In Europe it's the other way around. Whoever comes up with the best mobile will be the one to sell it to as many carriers as possible.

SHARP have no direction in Europe, except for Vodafone who would direct them to produce cheap phones rather than high-end.

It's tough!

• 2009-07-24 11:23
  • PEKR

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2009-07-16 21:14 from LaxY - click to readSharp will announce phones for Europe this year, they sad this, so I believe the info. Sharp want to be present in Europe too, not just in Asia.

• 2009-07-18 13:54
  • Laxc

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2009-07-16 21:14 from LaxY - click to readIt seems I'm not allowed to post links, but just Google "SH-Mobile G4" and you'll find many articles on it!

• 2009-07-18 11:25
  • tVHg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-16 11:16 from PEKR - click to readReally? PLZ tell me the source I want to see this great news!

• 2009-07-16 21:14
  • LaxY

Well, apparently SHARP and a few others are all putting forces together to create a "SH-Mobile G4" for 2010 which is meant to be as advanced as the DoCoMo platforms.

So, I guess we won't be seeing much this year then... Will it become available on different carriers? If they want to sell 4 million they will have to!

• 2009-07-16 11:16
  • PEKR

> In reply to jony @ 2009-07-15 16:19 from nqFy - click to readI hope will be available in all mobile phone carriers, not only Vodafone.

• 2009-07-15 16:35
  • Lax1

> In reply to jony @ 2009-07-15 16:19 from nqFy - click to readYes, that is it. :) And I can sahre withy you another link, is about Panasonic to make phones for Europe.

• 2009-07-15 16:29
  • Lax1

Mobilmaster, I am that user from youtube... I think I found the article. It's the one that says "Sharp, one of NEC’s main competitors, also intends to release smartphones in Europe – its goal is to sell 4 million devices outside Japan this year.", right??

I wonder what is the source of that?!?! And I wonder to if sharp will sell again in exclusive for vodafone??

Thanks

• 2009-07-15 16:19
  • nqFy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-13 13:52 from PEKR - click to readMaybe you are right, I will buy one for sure when wil be avilable in Europe. I think Sharp can be successful in Europe too, we will see, I especially like Japanese phone a lot!

• 2009-07-14 11:32
  • Laxc
Total of 129 user reviews and opinions for Sharp 930SH.