Siemens ME45 - user opinions and reviews

Siemens

7.4
7.3
7.6

> In reply to A.Mohamed Ibrahim. @ 2012-08-25 18:53 from utWN - click to readyou can batterys in australi 20 dollars

• 2013-07-03 13:54
  • Xrj7

This was my dad's best phone...but my brother lost it years ago>I really want to surprise my dad and get him a new one but i dont know where or how to get one,can someone help me find one

• 2013-05-08 07:30
  • frep

best phone ever!!!!

• 2013-04-17 07:20
  • uEx$

I am using this phone daily. (I own 1 of each coller, no special edition :) ) I also change batery wich is replica. The brand is called Koracell, you can buy from Romania aprox. 4 EUR+shipping. The inside is the same with the S45 Siemens.

• 2013-02-20 16:50
  • 3iC3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-12-19 21:15 from 3ikg - click to readI had this phone for the past ten years.still working, the only thing the battery is very weak. I have seen in your post battery available in serbia. I am in India. Is there any way to get new battery. If possible please reply to my email ibrufa@yahoo.com

• 2012-08-25 18:53
  • utWN

I had this phone for 3 years it is what i call a classic phone hardhitting durable bugger .dropped many times

• 2012-04-26 14:11
  • NH05

> In reply to Mike Broga @ 2011-11-24 18:33 from PS6t - click to readOh yeah agree.Why don't they build a phone like this nowadays? I had this phone in around '03 and travelled, worked with me in the Arabian desert,in the hinterlands of Africa, and back to the city center. It fell so many times from above roof tops and cranes, survived but I had to retire it in '08 because there's no more replacement for its toughened cover and batteries.
I like the way you put it: Built like a tank. Phones must be built this way.

• 2012-02-22 07:05
  • t7Xk

Very good and durable cellphone. The design sold it for me, but the rubber protection around was very practical as I did drop it accidentally many times. Menus were logical and buttons were designed to to be able pressed even closed eyes. Finally the battery performance went down and I missed more space for SMS storage and bought a new cellphone. I keep my ME45 just to remember the nice design it had.

• 2012-02-20 12:12
  • m4k4

The phone also came in a special winter edition silver/pearl white colours - it also rocked a red backlight and red lit keypad keys (yes, entire key was lit not just the number markings). It really stood out in 2001/2002. If i remember correctly it had a stock box-stacking game installed - a feature favoured by one of my colleagues who used to drain my phone's battery playing it all the time.
It's a shame I sold it, I just hope someone else is happy with it now :P

Carried in your pocket, all screen scratches would smooth out (wasn't a feature but still!) - true story.
It was actually the toughest handset i ever owned. Using it as a soccer ball wouldn't harm it. I loved the plastic screw holding the battery cover.

This handset shows what German engineering means when it comes to cellphones.

It's everything-proof nature had a slight drawback though - the rubbery keys sometimes missed a stroke while texting but once you got familiar with the keybord the issue became non existent.

One handset I'll never forget!

• 2012-01-23 10:01
  • mN}W

Solid piece of electronics and plastic mixture. Very ergonomic menu and functions included. Every time i forgot how to use one or other function of the phone, and in no time i find it over. Engineers who made it, realy thinked about user. Real business class phone. Using as main mobile since 2002, only change battery every ~2-3years (made in China). Today I bought another siemens me45 "limited edition" (red - Vodefone), because originals screen stopped to function, only back lite is functional. I think i will able to fix that later, somehow. :)

• 2011-12-20 13:47
  • nCkg

> In reply to nephilim @ 2011-12-16 15:08 from tA$0 - click to readYes there is a replacement battery, about 6 euros.Easily to find here in Serbia.

• 2011-12-19 21:15
  • 3ikg

I have this phone since 2001 until now..still working...however the battery just can call for 40 minutes.

• 2011-12-16 15:08
  • tA$0

> In reply to drrajko @ 2011-12-10 17:47 from 3ikg - click to readStill have it, but the battery broke in parts...

• 2011-12-14 09:13
  • MUEd

> In reply to drrajko @ 2011-12-10 17:47 from 3ikg - click to readStill have it, but the batery broke in parts...

• 2011-12-14 09:12
  • MUEd

Very good phone. Is it possible to buy it now ? Anybody knows?

• 2011-12-10 17:47
  • 3ikg

My friend cooked this in his microwave, it looked AWESOME!

• 2011-12-06 16:55
  • fwfR

i got 1 since 2 days ago. it is superior when it works. just do not take out the battery! it will not work.

• 2011-12-04 13:16
  • StsM

Simply the best cellphone I have ever owned. Built like a tank. Battery that last eons. Strong antenna receive and transmit power. A true take it anywhere cellphone. Used my till 2006 and have to stop after that because I couldn't get the battery for it anymore.Now retired and kept inside its original box Too bad Siemens cellphone division fold and got sold to LG. Siemens ME45, IMHO the best cellphone ever, enough said

• 2011-11-24 18:33
  • PS6t

> In reply to Pedja @ 2003-05-07 08:12 from Tmda - click to readLook for the word "Sprache(n)"

• 2011-08-09 15:18
  • y8xU

My first phone as well, the best i ever had

• 2011-06-16 09:28
  • SXpx
Total of 343 user reviews and opinions for Siemens ME45.