Sonim XP3400 Armor - user opinions and reviews

Sonim

6.2
5.4
6.0

I like it! my job provides theses phones to us so I didn't have to pay shit it hasn't let me down and if it does then at least I don't have to pay for it ahaa I drop it on purpose to see what happens and it's still going strong

• 2014-08-17 00:07
  • Ibxj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-21 14:52 from 7DkA - click to readTotal junk!
I had mine a month and dropped it while standing halfway up a six foot ladder. The phone hit the pavement and when my helper picked it up the screen was shattered. It appears to have hit a pebble.
Besides that the functionality is pretty archaic the only feature I found to be unusual was the voice recorder although it only records the receiving end of a conversation which renders it basically useless.
The sad thing is how tough it's supposed to be. Pathetic!
I went and got an I phone and have never looked back.
I'm sure sonim won't be around much longer.
To summarize: this phone is highly over-rated and not worth the money.

• 2014-03-12 21:38
  • Ibx6

Had the Armor one week---was out of town until today. Phone center add on the phone advertises e-mail and now I find out that it is not intended for email or internet use. C-Spire manager lied to me. C-Spire tech said it would but they couldn't fix the issue until I was back in the C-Spire strong signal area. Making them trade.

• 2013-11-10 03:46
  • 4J49

i think it will make a good phone for someone who works outside or in the weather p.s. nice phone

• 2013-10-27 02:55
  • kE8F

This phone is the worst phone on the market and this company's customer service is non existent,all you get is a recording telling you to leave a message and they never call back.If you get this phone from Ntelos DON'T expect them to do anything about it,they just tell you to keep CALLING so basically your stuck with a two year contract and a phone that will break down unless you pay $50.00 and that's if you have insurance.....the 3 year warranty is basically non-existent..'I will never deal with NTELOS OR SONIM ARMOUR AGAIN AND I'VE BEEN WITH NTELOS FOR YEARS NOW.....THEY LOST MY RESPECT!!!!

• 2013-08-28 00:35
  • 7DD3

Where can I buy this phone in Singapore? Please tell me the shop for this?

• 2013-06-28 22:07
  • Ia7f

> In reply to phonon @ 2011-10-28 23:20 from tU1v - click to readIn three years sent the phone back 6 times. This includes the replacement/upgrade when I was told they couldn't fix/replace my quest pro so they sent 3300. Its been back 4 times and now they will not make good since my warranty is up even though the new phone has not worked within sonims specs since I received it. Horrible customer service. Retailer no longer deals in sonim for this reason. $500 dollar phone that operates worse than my $10 flip phone with $1 customer service. Stay away!

• 2013-06-10 12:49
  • jmSc

Does anyone know is that phone will work in Europe? the thing is that it says that it is a CDMA 800/1900 Mhz phone, but I am not sure if it work on GSM network.

• 2013-03-21 21:37
  • 0VS@

I purchased the phone with hindsight that is has navigation and GPS. After spending hours searching I cannot find anything on the phone.

• 2013-02-16 04:22
  • 8HHi

I was told you could download with this phone to the computer. OOPS LIE. The drivers are not digitally signed and do not work on the computer. This is CRAP and false advertisement. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!!

• 2013-02-14 05:10
  • r$fP

> In reply to paper junkie @ 2013-01-03 19:50 from NT9X - click to readcan any one help me with this, there may not be a feature that can be changed.

• 2013-01-07 18:48
  • NT9X

Is there a way to change the yellow back ground when you are texting its hard to see the white letters in the yellow back ground or change the white letters to black...

• 2013-01-03 19:50
  • NT9X

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-24 17:52 from 7EeJ - click to readtry putting a darker wall paper on the back i did the ice burg thing and i can see it,,and i wear glasses

• 2012-11-18 23:20
  • Ydu9

> In reply to Dave_A @ 2012-08-08 20:09 from Y2Sa - click to readyea me too no zoom feature thats a bummer and the driver download is not digitally signed which windows 7 requires,,and will not install properly,,

• 2012-11-18 23:15
  • Ydu9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-21 14:52 from 7DkA - click to readIts on your GENERAL PROFILE tone settings...the only problem is that your message alert tone has to be SILENT. This can only be used with VIBRATE.

• 2012-11-11 03:43
  • 4k0k

> In reply to Dave_A @ 2012-08-08 20:09 from Y2Sa - click to readDownload the manual. Web search or from Sonim site.

• 2012-10-11 02:24
  • k88g

So I have had the phone for just under a week and have been putting it through the paces. It has very few software features, but at least it has an .mp3 player. Except the "Battery Full" chime and indicator go off every 5 minutes. Their drivers for Windows 7 64bit operating system are not digitally signed and Windows rejects them and consequently their contact sync and modem tool program crashes when I try to run it. They don't have much of a customer support presence beside directing you to your local yocal service provider that don't know squat about the phone, and a generic comment box where you can leave your email address and hope for a response. If they would at least support their stupid phone with some drivers that work and offer a flash upgrade for their buggy phone, but I don't have much faith that Sonim will be around to make good on the 3 year warranty, so I'm getting out now and going with LG, Motorola, or Nokia.

• 2012-08-30 03:02
  • qa{H

i have had my sonim 3400 4 8 months i am having problem with charging i took it 2 the dealer ntelos they checked it out and said it was my charger but would not help me get the parts these parts can not b purchased from an electronic place like radio shak n ntelos would not help me get m there is nothing on web site saying where 2 get them my battery is dead what should i do????

• 2012-08-14 16:44
  • jm@X

Most durable, reliable handset on the market. Battery last an incredibly long time and is also changeable. I live in Alaska and hunt fish in a lot of semi-remote areas near Anchorage. Phone almost always has some kind of signal - much more than any other handset I've ever used.

This is not an iPhone it a $150 rugged, durable phone.

I only wish it had a zoom feature with the picture viewer....

• 2012-08-08 20:09
  • Y2Sa

I would like to How to change ring tones. Is there any booklet on this phone? I would like one if there is one. that explains every thing. or where to go.

• 2012-07-22 21:24
  • kJ{A
Total of 35 user reviews and opinions for Sonim XP3400 Armor.