Sony CMD CD5 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

5.3
5.3
5.4

I really agree with the comment of .............. That its a really smartphone yar. It is best than my nokia 700. super smartphone yaar.

• 2013-03-27 04:04
  • YQWG

oh wow!!
what a supersmartphone!!
it deserved to be present in the berlin tech expo and presented above galaxy s 3 !!!!
i have a serious desire and lust for this phone. oh but its just outta my budget!!

• 2012-09-07 18:25
  • rKEr

i love it..... much better than sii

• 2012-04-10 11:46
  • w46L

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-28 22:49 from 0Uc3 - click to readis great is see this phone since 1995 is expensive phone and wow i am be should back to 1996 i am a traveler man ....

• 2012-03-30 16:25
  • JADY

@ Jake from Holland... Dude, the phone was made SINCE 2000-2001, HOW DO YOU HAVE IT FROM 1996? Time Traveler, eh? Heard about you people... =))))

• 2012-02-28 22:49
  • 0Uc3

i still have one too, even today at the end of 2010 it works fine (made in 2000), and with original battery holds 1-2 days. Jog still works good.

• 2010-12-12 15:53
  • ScKE

Excellent device more than 14 years the same !
Le Meilleur du Thelephone pour moi !
I have it since 1996 and in 2001 an new battery. It's a durable simple phone !
I only buy a new one if this one will be broken.
It still works good !

• 2010-03-30 09:34
  • MRLR

Excellent device more than 14 years the same !
Le Meilleur du Thelephone pour moi !
I have it since 1996 and in 2001 an new battery. It's a durable simple phone !
I only buy a new one if this one will be broken.
It still works good !

• 2010-03-30 09:33
  • MRLR

You won't belive it! I have it right now!!!

• 2009-11-13 00:07
  • 0xi{

> In reply to Alex @ 2009-02-17 20:09 from n5K9 - click to readThe wheel called jog-dial is the feature almost no other cellphone has and which kept me sticking to this device for year. I replaced it finally by a Sony z5 which also has that great jog-dial. I never will buy any cellphone without. If anybody is interested in my old old CMD CD5 just post: WilliWichtel(at)arcor.de

• 2009-03-30 21:58
  • 0xa@

I have one of these big beuties and I think it is good. One thing I absulutely hate on these old sony models is the silly little spinnig wheel on the side. So pathetic.

• 2009-02-17 20:09
  • n5K9

I have this phone. I don't really like it, but apart from the silly little wheel on the side it is a pretty good phone and good quality. Screen needs to be way bigger though.

• 2009-02-17 00:17
  • n5K9

I have it now cmd cd5 and ericsson t28 but i need charged for SONY

• 2008-12-03 13:11
  • 0xiB

> In reply to hen26ry @ 2007-03-28 18:30 from n6wv - click to readI can see the new batteries (Akku) on ebay for about 13 Euros

• 2008-10-14 12:30
  • n}iY

The CMD-CD5 is really great and, first of all, completely reliable. But is has one crucial disadvantage: a new accu pack costs about 95 Euro. This is much more than the price for the complete cell phone some years ago. The accu pack is part of the rear panel of the phone. Maybe this causes the vertiginous price. It is a pity that you have to throw away a fully functional gadget.
hen26ry, Munich, Germany

• 2007-03-28 18:30
  • n6wv

Perfect! I have this phone for 6 years now and it still works fine, although it has dropped several times from the top of the stairs onto wooden floor boards. Everywhere I have good connection to the Vodafone network. The phone is easy to operate with god solid keys. I love the jog-dial! The battery is getting a little weaker by now, but I have a spare one ready (from a friend of my) to replace it. If this battery will last as long as the original one I'm still using thede days, I'll be ready for the next decade! I fear the day I have to buy another mobile phone, bacause nothing can stand in the dc-5's shadow for durability and easy handling. Well, at that time maybe I can find another one at e-bay ...

• 2006-10-24 11:34
  • SeYB

It is my first and most favorite mobile. It still works like the first day, but the battery has weakened thru time (of course). The original battery can still last up to two days.

• 2006-09-03 21:34
  • Mtr0

The Phone is mean! when i started it up it said chicka puka! then i notcied it had a phone book and i was like wow!

• 2005-07-22 11:49
  • TCnY

I use this phone because it has proper buttons and a scroll wheel. All new phones (almost) without exception lack analogue input (wheel) and have vanishingly small keys. I need to find a manual though, I've forgotten how to switch the T9 on.

• 2005-05-31 13:59
  • Tkf3

It was my first GSM phone, and my first mobile phone at same time.
Is the best phone I've never used, no other Sony is equal; some advanced features (differents memory areas for SMS, like: only video or SIM memory or phone memory), very easy to use with jog dial, clear display, very solid, attractive design. No network connection problems, even in case of low signal. Easy menu with contextual menu when the jog-dial is pressed. This phone is actually used by my father, and the J7 also.
I've changed phone for a new CMD J7 in order to have the WAP, and the J7 for the Sony-Ericsson T610 because in order to use an advanced SIM card (two phone numbers in one SIM card), but I'm not satisfied by Sony-Ericsson T610, which was get back to the producer (bad connection performances. Actually I'm trying Siemens SX1.

• 2004-10-24 17:52
Total of 46 user reviews and opinions for Sony CMD CD5.