Sony CMD Z5 - user opinions and reviews

196719

5.9
5.9
5.8

Love the Sony cmd 5 to bits , falling apart but still have mine , the clay pigeon came on it is main reason am trying to get a replacement

• 2014-03-22 00:51
  • pKD@

Had it when it first came out and adored the phone. Sold it to a friend when I upgraded and regretted it ever since. Have just bought one on Ebay as my current work phone is a waste of time and as I don't receive emails on it I actually just need a phone that works well. Something the Z5 did very well.

• 2014-02-25 15:41
  • MjAh

> In reply to OneOfAKind @ 2012-07-06 15:29 from MjAh - click to readI agree - with the advance in technology they should be able to have a decent full colour screen, receive pictures and even keep an internet facility (it was too poor to use on original, but current should now be some use).
Also significant - the original metallic silver they used was brilliant - I replaced the case once and the paint was gone in 3 months. They could even make the case metal.
I think it was originally well over £200 $300, but I got a £150 cashback - £50 after 6 months, another £100 after 18. When I applied for 18m the workers had never heard of it! I did get it, but it just shows how an upfront offer sells something, but people forget to claim! Ha Ha.

• 2014-01-17 14:38
  • HCYW

Brilliant PHONE just (2013) replaced with a Galaxy S3 LTE which despite all the wonderful things it can do, is a far inferior phone: poor speaker and poor microphone (Make it difficult for me and my caller to hear each other) poor reception - in my house, poor installed ringtones, poor vibration. I am forever missing calls - something I VERY rarely did having the Z5 on vibrate only. BATTERIES were available until recently - probably still are, but not originals.

• 2014-01-17 14:29
  • HCYW

> In reply to pinark @ 2005-04-10 00:57 from PRUY - click to readI love sony z5

• 2014-01-17 07:07
  • PAtj

After 12 years in my possession and it still works perfect!!!
I wish i could find a spare battery so that it will last me for another 12 years.
They don't make mobiles like that anymore.
Smartphones are good but they "die" young.

• 2013-11-11 23:21
  • n$Ge

> In reply to apple IPhone @ 2013-07-27 14:05 from 9DHx - click to readit was a hero in his time baby!

• 2013-08-30 15:56
  • HI%4

i wonder what kinda graphics the clay shooting had hahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha­hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha­hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• 2013-08-27 16:31
  • 9xFk

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!! wat a phone ......... I want to replace my IPhone 5s with this .......

• 2013-07-27 14:05
  • 9DHx

There Are Not Availible Any Stor in This Handset.I Want to This Handset.Syor

• 2013-06-30 22:05
  • vwes

lol i got this mob nw .i wanna know what was the price of this mob when it first launch in 2000

• 2013-06-22 14:46
  • U{0T

Try 0000 also.

• 2013-06-17 11:24
  • 3E1m

> In reply to NPD @ 2012-09-28 16:55 from trmA - click to readTry 1234

• 2013-05-23 17:32
  • S9Mm

i have a CMD Z5. when I insert sim card it display security code.
can you help me?

• Rating0

i love this phone,i use it 11 years ago nice phone

• 2012-08-26 18:20
  • PBTX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-25 19:31 from pJ1t - click to readBest part was the inbuilt Answering Machine ...

• 2012-08-08 19:07
  • HxcQ

This is the best phone I have ever had and would like to use it again and forever after checking out from Palm, Windows Mobile, RIM, Iphone. I wonder if there's any brand new in the market (ignore the fake China made one).??????????????????

• 2012-08-07 02:51
  • 2IG%

Truly the best phone I've ever had. Regret selling it. Wish Sony would make a similar model, same style and design. Keep the keypad, keep the antenna and jogwheel. Sharpen the screen, ignore the internet and if you fancy add colour, but keep the phone as it is. Big shame we are moving away from this style of phone. Maybe allow it to be a 3G hotspot for laptops and tablets, but keep the style.

• 2012-07-06 15:29
  • MjAh

the best

• 2012-07-01 07:40
  • tA$N

Got this phone way backkkkk,,, great phone during those days,,nice 1 sony...

• 2012-06-20 06:00
  • YT@@
Total of 203 user reviews and opinions for Sony CMD Z5.