Sony CMD Z7 - user opinions and reviews

Sony

This phone is great!
No other matches its style, the 3D menu is great and the e-mail features are very convinient.
The JogDial is great to use and makes navigating the menu really easy.
The screen is great quality and although the standard ring tones are a little 'unique' you can record your own!
The flip is very solid and the battery life is excellent.
It has a great blackjack game and the 'fatness' is just right (for me) as it gives it a solid feel
p.s when replying to txts hold down the del button for a second to clear the whole message in an instant, rather then pressing del 40 odd times :)

• 2001-12-27 07:28

Right here is what the phone is really like.

IT IS NOT (underlined) FAT! OK compared to a 8210 it might be, but try using a 8210 - the buttons are too small, it looks crap and feels worst!

This phone is the best phone I have had so far, and I have had many. OK so there are some flaws, like the ringer and vibrate function, and wallpapers and ring tones.

But ALL in ALL - this phone has STYLE that most other phones lack. Has an AWESOME battery (have u guys seen how TINY it is!!!).

Go buy one. For all those who have complained here, go get a NOKIA u Nokidiots!

• 2001-12-27 07:21

I don't like the fact that there is a)no option avali to switch the vibrate on/off whilst also having the ringer on, also when you reply to a text msg the original msg you received appears and you have to clear the screen of it b4 you type your rwply or it will send it back to the person who wrote it to you in the first place !! ??

• 2001-12-12 19:00

nice phone but crap battery

• 2001-12-11 06:41

I think sony are a bunch of cock suckers. They should stick to hifi. I spent good money on my z7 and I don't use it any more. I went out and bought an ericson t68, great phone with colour screen. Battery lasts longer than the z7 also. So Sony GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

• 2001-12-10 20:09

a huge backwards step me thinks. A phone that you can't hear ring. hmmm....

• 2001-12-10 20:04

I've got a J5 and my mates are all pissy because I can't ever hear it ring when they call me unless I have it sellotaped to the side of my head (much too quiet - polyphonic is bollucks). The vibrate feature is best used only when you'll be keeping the phone down your pants as you won't feel it otherwise. So, looking at the Z7 it has the same ring tones and vibrate - and it's thicker. I wouldn't use this phone if it was given to me!! it sucks!!

• 2001-12-10 20:02

Simple, the phone great, the ring tones are shit

• 2001-12-10 00:01

I dont have this phone but I was thinking of getting it but not anymore. Apart from what others have said, it also does not have the built in answer machine of the Z5! Sony seem to have botched this one, its crazy to make a phone bigger/heavier than its predecessor! its not as "cute" as the Z5 and who wants Polyphonic Ringers anyway? Oh and I dont like the curvy flap, it would be better square. Sony you have messed up a bit !

• 2001-12-07 03:49

LONG REVIEW WARNING
I've just bought the z7 having owned its predecessor and I've got a few things I'm slightly pissed about.
The bad bits
It doesn't ring and vibrate at the same time - can somebody please tell me why sony didnt bother with this?
The alarm doesn't work when the phones switched of - what is the point of the damn thing then ?
The ring tones are shite - if you just want a normal ring, then look elsewhere, as this phone is full of the shitest tones I have ever come across

The good bits
its not a nokia
it doesn't look too bad once you get over how fat it is

O.k. maybe not the greatest of reviews but I'm slightly annoyed that instead of improving the features and functionality of a great phone (sony z5), they (sony) have removed some of the features that made it the phone to have.

If any of the above doesn't bother you at all, then I encourage you to be different from the nokia crowd and buy this phone - if I had my choice again - I'd wait for the SL42 to come out on orange.

• 2001-12-06 03:05

i have SONY J5 right now with me but when i ve seen CMD Z7 ooooh my GOD its so beautiful and terific I LOVE IT i am desparatly wanna buy it as soon as possible.

• 2001-12-05 19:49

yes more fat than z5 i totally not recomend to anyone of bying it

• 2001-11-27 00:27

Can any one please tell me where can i find the english manual for the CMD-Z7

• 2001-11-26 17:08

Can't vibrate & ring at the same time!
You can set ringer volume either too high or too low. Sony lied about software for connecting phone to PC - they haven't got it!

• 2001-11-23 22:26

Fatter than the Z5?

Is it better or worse than the Z5?

• 2001-11-19 04:15

ahh yes i was forgeting it is a very very fat phone also this phone also

• 2001-11-15 17:05

i had one the good points are;
the screen is very good very big almost as big as the one of z5 or even more) the buttons are bigger and so it is more comfortable to righ sms
the new jogdial is good but it seems to be fragile ...
the bad points:
the ringtones are poor , they dont ring at loud at all , the vibration alert is like there was no vibration
the amber backlight is not my style
SO IF YOU CANNOT EVEN KNOW WHEN SOMEDY CALLS >YOU WHY DO >YOU BUY THIS PHONE ???!!!
the games are very very bad so no comment
ask me other things you want to know

nb: i changed my z7 because i had enough of it !

• 2001-11-15 17:03

I have had loads of mobiles, almost every good one on the market right now, but at the mo I have a T68. However, I feel the best phone Ive ever had was my Z5. Is this any better and has anyone actually got one or used one...is the screen bigger and is the phone itself much bigger?

Please let me know asap.

• 2001-11-15 04:23

sony don't make me laugh panasonic kicks sony's ass if u want a better phone than this buy a panasonic phone or motorola

• 2001-11-13 23:47

I need user manual on english for Z7!

• 2001-11-08 03:10
Total of 247 user reviews and opinions for Sony CMD Z7.