Sony Ericsson C905 - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

8.1
8.0
8.1

I've had this phone for 4 years. The only problem I came across in the first year was a few random restarts. In the second year I noticed I had to push the C button and power button a little more, but they do work. Also, I'd sometimes have to reinsert the SIM card, and when taking out the memory stick and putting it back in, it would take a while to recognise it. Then the connector started getting looser, and at some point in the third year it kicked the bucket. I replaced the connector for 25 Euros, however after a year it has yet again kicked the bucket, leaving me unable to charge the thing. Because of this, I'm really considering to replace the phone, but this will be hard:
I bought this for 200 Euros, it was THE chance! The selling point for me was the 8.1 megapixel camera. If you have steady hands and know how to handle it, it takes great photos - and I've received many compliments on the quality of the photos! The Xenon flash makes it a bit ugly in lit indoor places, and the Red Eye Removement doesn't work that good. These are two fields where my K810i was better than my C905. The video mode seems to be a tiny bit better in nighttime than the photo mode, even without NightMode enabled. It seems to have two microphones, one somewhere on the top and one on the bottom, next to the loudspeaker (if you take off the cover, you'll see it). Which means, video with stereo sound. Yay? Speaking of sound, the loudspeaker is phenomenal for a phone: its high end isn't as harsh as countless other phones I've seen, and you can also hear some of the low end pretty well. Very good when you're sitting alone and don't want to put on your earphones. I've spent countless hours listening to metal (Pantera, Iced Earth, Nevermore, etc) through this phone \m/
The only thing that's really ever bugged me, is that this phone has no front camera for video calls...
The phone has slipped from my hand many times, but it's still perfectly fine, apart from some dents here and there, and the two buttons that I have to push in more. And if it wasn't for that bloody connector, I think this phone could've lasted me at least 2 more years.

• 2014-09-10 20:18
  • HBp6

Hi, I am Mintu Roy
Resident of : Bongaon,Khairamari Nagpara, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India.

Sony Ericsson C905 is the greatest Camera Phone Ever any xenon flash cell phone its that like a HD Digital cameras with Superb Sound Qualities, wifi, Glonas, GPS, ** Way finder Navigator including here (in this Cell Phone) so totally too too too Good Phone In Sony World (Java)

• 2014-09-06 16:18
  • 7jWQ

In my experience C905 had a great camera but because it's slide it broke down easily, still in warranty period. So, not too happy with it. Now it's in the drawer collecting dust.

• 2014-08-15 07:20
  • B}Q8

My C905 is more than 5 years old and still great, too bad it doesn't have support anymore, Youtube videos and email won't work anymore. But I'm still waiting for a new phone with better camera and descent flash.

• 2014-06-24 07:11
  • J%yQ

it's a very good phone

• 2014-06-19 15:12
  • 3c4u

Best alternate of cybershot difital cameras..

• 2014-05-30 08:03

I want buy this phon..
how I det it..?

• 2014-05-05 14:18
  • 3Y7Z

can i make video call through it?
Does it need extra gprs setting for it?

• 2014-04-09 07:10
  • P%%v

I have Samsung S4, it has lot of features but no one can beat C905 for camera wit xenon flash, best camera phone to remove pictures at night..

• 2014-03-27 05:22
  • XNtq

can i set up a hotspot on this phone so i can connect to my playstation 3 and go online?

• 2014-03-06 00:48
  • 39xV

Changed from iphone 5 to this and like it better!

• 2014-02-26 03:29
  • nw}F

it doesnt support watsapp bt atleast is a good phone

• 2014-02-16 20:52
  • fuDq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-10 12:17 from HHHH - click to readIt has problem with internet

• 2014-02-07 15:10
  • vQ{j

hi im from lahore but i puched this cell from rawalpind in used it is the bet cell fone for use internet camera use its camer result is the best

• 2014-01-19 07:20
  • fBhp

superb camera since model k800

• 2014-01-16 11:09
  • ibXN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-10 12:17 from HHHH - click to readthere is no wifi in my phone but the side of phone have GPS WIFI SIGN

• 2014-01-08 06:53
  • UD%n

its gives me the internet settings problem

• 2013-12-10 12:17
  • HHHH

Since 2008 i use it until now ,this product is the best not only in camera system but also as cellphone.The only disadvantage is because it's sliding phone.

• 2013-12-04 07:54
  • fp5E

Even though i have my galaxy s3,ip 4s,
Arc S,
i still using my c905 til now for camera use!
The Best camera phone up to date!

• 2013-11-23 06:56
  • t7JF
Total of 6527 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson C905.