Sony Ericsson Elm - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

6.3
6.3
6.4

hey,how to install whatsapp in my sony elm .plz help

• 2013-09-18 12:07
  • s86f

it's a good phone

• 2013-09-15 09:23
  • uwqa

My Elm handset is purchased in INDIA.

Will it work in USA?

• 2013-09-13 12:23
  • bER3

how to get the application for sony ericsson j10i2

• 2013-09-08 17:48
  • U@Y8

> In reply to JOEL @ 2013-09-05 07:53 from vxsx - click to readFacebook is include in applications ,

• 2013-09-05 18:49
  • 0SVm

hi how friend how to activate youtube and facebook in this brand of sonny ericsson j10i?

• 2013-09-05 07:53
  • vxsx

I think by these specifications we can make video calling using mirror through which the second person can see our face.anybody tried please reply

• 2013-08-27 12:14
  • uv81

hi frnds can u resolve my problem my phone screen turn white how i can resolve it pls tell me whats a idea

• 2013-08-21 10:30
  • utCS

my sony elm camera and video record didn't function, can u help me on this problem?

• 2013-08-13 06:28
  • PxAC

> In reply to kim @ 2013-08-01 16:26 from N7DX - click to readHi,

I had the same problem and its fixed now! Steps u can take -
1. Put your sim in another cellphone, and set up the sim lock option (ask for sim unlock password when phone starts in settings)
2.Now insert your sim into your elm and then when it'll ask for sim password when booting. Enter the password and you should be through!

• 2013-08-09 14:54
  • 2SQU

my elm hangs at the sony ericsson logo when sim is inserted. please help.

• 2013-08-01 16:26
  • N7DX

Comfortable shortcuts, accessing with corresponding num;-)..
Only drawback is that can't open tsl, ssl and other transaction pages..
Usually I recharge my phone in online through mobile net..:-(
Se Rocks..
Worrying and missing all high end keypad se phones..:'(

• 2013-07-27 12:39
  • bJ73

> In reply to Alix edy @ 2013-07-22 18:24 from ftIM - click to readIs this still available in phils? I really like it but dont know where to buy. Thanks.

• 2013-07-25 14:36
  • v0q9

its nice does me wonders only i love it

• 2013-07-22 18:24
  • ftIM

@elibom, u ar very right %100.
It seems u have used d phone right from d day elm was produced. Kudos!

• 2013-07-07 21:10
  • ftV7

i'm using this 4n for 2 years...No errors..!!
Amazing 4n,i love it very much...I also use this as a modom

• 2013-07-05 14:04
  • s%{m

Last week I sold my xperia sola, I just used it for 2 mons.. Bored of using it.. Now continued using elm.. Excellent mobile with best features..

Pros@
Such as
Best Keypad arrangement&quality
Best battery backup
Best shortcuts
Best ui
Cam and vid is good
Best mega bass with bass reflex headset
Ergonomic design

No 3.5mm
Body paint peels away..

• 2013-07-04 16:34
  • bJiF

> In reply to Ace @ 2013-06-08 05:11 from 9xFy - click to readyes you can use it as modem.

• 2013-06-19 18:27
  • t7Xk

where can i buy some lcd for my sony elm?

• 2013-06-17 08:03
  • P7xH

For me SE Elm (J10i2) is one of the better phones i know:
I like the buttons - they give a very good feeling of reaching the correct button. And I like the "system" of how every letter, space, and so on, is placed. Space-button, for example, is the same as Nokia: Number 0-button. I like that! Earlier had SE-phones the space-button on #-button. Not so good. Elm has also the alternative T9-words on the same button as Nokia: *-button! But! U can also change the T9-words with the 4-way-button. Good!
But one bad thing... They have taken away (at least in my phone) MANY alternative T9-words... Irritating!! For example, phones like Sony Ericsson W595 and K610i has the "real" number of those words. So u have to write many more words that is missing in T9..!

But, as said before: The buttons are REALLY good - u can write without see the buttons. Even 4-way-button is really good constructed for the fingers.

Also a bad things: The display has a bit DARK "stile"... Not good!! Yes, the pictures from camera and internet are a bit dark. (For example: SE W595 has a display that is much better and Sony Ericsson should have put that in SE Elm instead! The display in W595 gives a MUCH more natural and correct "light". (Thats very easy to see if u can compare them i reality.) I can tell that W595 is in MANY ways the same as SE Elm - some better, some worse. Same meny for example. Though space-button is on #. But it has more T9-words.
U can look the difference urself her on GSMarena if u want.)

In SOME ways SE Elm are SLOW... For example to delete pictures.
But in other ways the phone is fast. (If u test the "old" phone SE K610i u notice how fast it is in many ways than SE Elm.)
And to start SE Elm take unnecessary long time. (K610i is much faster.)

Battery-times is ok, but I actually wish that battery was better = better standby-/talktime - why must mobile-phones be so thin?... LONG battery-time is soo good. In my opinion.

To open up the back to reach battery and sim-card is unnecessary difficult. Patience is needed! (I guess people with bad patience can get mad on that - and break the phones into pieces, haha!)

The phone is quite good on internet. Ok, not a "year 2013"-class maybe.
One good thing is that Sony Ericsson has taken away many unnecessary steps on the "click"-way to internet. On earler phones (also Nokia and others) u needed to do unnecessary many clicks for that.

Radio is quite ok...though NOT in my taste. I rather prefer phones like Nokia 2300, 2310, 5630, which is better and more practical in some ways: U can change FM-channel with handsfree-button (and extremely quickly too!). U cant that with SE Elm: U must click new channel on the PHONE.

SE have, on later phones, a contact for the charger/handsfree that isnt so practical. For many people who use the phone much, after long using months/years, the "female"-contact slots, and cant remain the contact in the phone... U may then need a rubber band to hold the "male"-contact in the phone. NOT good! SE's earlier phones had a much better contact. And they had TWO "female"-contacts: One for charger and one for handsfree. Much better. (Example SE K700.)
Also: For SE Elm u need a bit newer kind of charger that is combined with "male"-contact - IF u want to use handfree while u do a phonecall and need to charge at the same time.

Camera is quite ok (but not the "dark display, as told before).
I actually dont use the camera of this phone much.

Anyway: Generally SE Elm is one of the better phones from Sony Ericsson, I think. Good for phonecalls, good in internet (but not so good for example Youtube) and more. VERY good buttons.
And the phone has a quite good, big display.

...But... I remeber the phone (as new) was delivered with a kind of handsfree that DIDNT have a phonecall-button... OOOH, that was bad! (NOT good! Hahaha!)

• 2013-06-10 15:40
  • 6wFH
Total of 3041 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Elm.