Sony Ericsson Elm - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

6.3
6.3
6.4

its nice does me wonders only i love it

• 2013-07-22 18:24
  • ftIM

@elibom, u ar very right %100.
It seems u have used d phone right from d day elm was produced. Kudos!

• 2013-07-07 21:10
  • ftV7

i'm using this 4n for 2 years...No errors..!!
Amazing 4n,i love it very much...I also use this as a modom

• 2013-07-05 14:04
  • s%{m

Last week I sold my xperia sola, I just used it for 2 mons.. Bored of using it.. Now continued using elm.. Excellent mobile with best features..

Pros@
Such as
Best Keypad arrangement&quality
Best battery backup
Best shortcuts
Best ui
Cam and vid is good
Best mega bass with bass reflex headset
Ergonomic design

No 3.5mm
Body paint peels away..

• 2013-07-04 16:34
  • bJiF

> In reply to Ace @ 2013-06-08 05:11 from 9xFy - click to readyes you can use it as modem.

• 2013-06-19 18:27
  • t7Xk

where can i buy some lcd for my sony elm?

• 2013-06-17 08:03
  • P7xH

For me SE Elm (J10i2) is one of the better phones i know:
I like the buttons - they give a very good feeling of reaching the correct button. And I like the "system" of how every letter, space, and so on, is placed. Space-button, for example, is the same as Nokia: Number 0-button. I like that! Earlier had SE-phones the space-button on #-button. Not so good. Elm has also the alternative T9-words on the same button as Nokia: *-button! But! U can also change the T9-words with the 4-way-button. Good!
But one bad thing... They have taken away (at least in my phone) MANY alternative T9-words... Irritating!! For example, phones like Sony Ericsson W595 and K610i has the "real" number of those words. So u have to write many more words that is missing in T9..!

But, as said before: The buttons are REALLY good - u can write without see the buttons. Even 4-way-button is really good constructed for the fingers.

Also a bad things: The display has a bit DARK "stile"... Not good!! Yes, the pictures from camera and internet are a bit dark. (For example: SE W595 has a display that is much better and Sony Ericsson should have put that in SE Elm instead! The display in W595 gives a MUCH more natural and correct "light". (Thats very easy to see if u can compare them i reality.) I can tell that W595 is in MANY ways the same as SE Elm - some better, some worse. Same meny for example. Though space-button is on #. But it has more T9-words.
U can look the difference urself her on GSMarena if u want.)

In SOME ways SE Elm are SLOW... For example to delete pictures.
But in other ways the phone is fast. (If u test the "old" phone SE K610i u notice how fast it is in many ways than SE Elm.)
And to start SE Elm take unnecessary long time. (K610i is much faster.)

Battery-times is ok, but I actually wish that battery was better = better standby-/talktime - why must mobile-phones be so thin?... LONG battery-time is soo good. In my opinion.

To open up the back to reach battery and sim-card is unnecessary difficult. Patience is needed! (I guess people with bad patience can get mad on that - and break the phones into pieces, haha!)

The phone is quite good on internet. Ok, not a "year 2013"-class maybe.
One good thing is that Sony Ericsson has taken away many unnecessary steps on the "click"-way to internet. On earler phones (also Nokia and others) u needed to do unnecessary many clicks for that.

Radio is quite ok...though NOT in my taste. I rather prefer phones like Nokia 2300, 2310, 5630, which is better and more practical in some ways: U can change FM-channel with handsfree-button (and extremely quickly too!). U cant that with SE Elm: U must click new channel on the PHONE.

SE have, on later phones, a contact for the charger/handsfree that isnt so practical. For many people who use the phone much, after long using months/years, the "female"-contact slots, and cant remain the contact in the phone... U may then need a rubber band to hold the "male"-contact in the phone. NOT good! SE's earlier phones had a much better contact. And they had TWO "female"-contacts: One for charger and one for handsfree. Much better. (Example SE K700.)
Also: For SE Elm u need a bit newer kind of charger that is combined with "male"-contact - IF u want to use handfree while u do a phonecall and need to charge at the same time.

Camera is quite ok (but not the "dark display, as told before).
I actually dont use the camera of this phone much.

Anyway: Generally SE Elm is one of the better phones from Sony Ericsson, I think. Good for phonecalls, good in internet (but not so good for example Youtube) and more. VERY good buttons.
And the phone has a quite good, big display.

...But... I remeber the phone (as new) was delivered with a kind of handsfree that DIDNT have a phonecall-button... OOOH, that was bad! (NOT good! Hahaha!)

• 2013-06-10 15:40
  • 6wFH

Hi there people, i'm just wondering if the phone can be used as modem?
Please help???!!!

• 2013-06-08 05:11
  • 9xFy

> In reply to widor @ 2013-06-04 11:52 from 0p{k - click to readI have the same problem. It's the phone's problem.

• 2013-06-06 21:30
  • 7tCC

Hi,like this phone but have big problem:the camera is very slow.It takes about 5 sec til takes the pics from pressing the button.Means no sharp photos.Is it jut me?Or my phone is not working well?
I do not expect such quality photos from phone but this is a nonsense...

• 2013-06-04 11:52
  • 0p{k

This is a nice 4n...fast internet,nice camera,
I have fallen this soo many time..,but still working very well

• 2013-06-02 17:25
  • s%{1

any one tell me auto call recorder is working in this phone ? and hw s workio
ing . pls reply .

• 2013-05-30 14:23
  • vGFs

Frnds anyone plz help me......this phone is my best hands-on experience from the past 3 years and still to date and i love it....
But suddenly 5 white lines have emerged by itself at the bottom of the screen.plz can somebody help fixing this issue....its very distracting..

• 2013-05-25 07:25
  • 7qx{

this is the best user friendly phone i ever had. very fast , attractive..Fantastic camera.

• 2013-05-18 17:04
  • bCev

can it whatsapp?

• 2013-05-11 06:20
  • fuN1

> In reply to talkiess @ 2013-03-15 02:15 from PS6t - click to readthis is the best cellphone i ever had,fast browsing,easy to use! I really love the elm j10i2 and now i am browsing the internet 24/7.. Hehe,thats the top secret of the elm..

• 2013-05-06 05:35
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Zarir @ 2013-04-20 06:23 from 9DtH - click to readI had the same problem. Reflash fw and it will be ok

• 2013-04-30 10:32
  • pdwb

why call this phone also k970 and j10i2
what is the real model name
this phone has 3 model name?

• 2013-04-30 07:37
  • j0c1

my phone sony ericsson elm has been lost will I be able to track it??

• 2013-04-20 18:04
  • bC9K

my phone(sony ericsson ELM) has finished it's sharge repedly. Why? i rechang battery but sharge has empeted immeditly

• 2013-04-20 06:23
  • 9DtH
Total of 3028 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Elm.