I bought the SE K550i after reading the posts on this site and believe me. I am not at all disappointed. Great cam, great sound and smooth interface
The SE k550i rocks!!
Thanks to all the people who are giving their valuable advice and thanks again GSMarena!!
Had a really bad experience with this phone, the body overheats, the speaker stopped working within a few months and the earphones jack always gives you trouble to the extent of sometimes being unable to charge the phone.
SE has made this same phone at least 50 times and some people still get all excited about it haha, its always the same features and design with SE.
Its a gud phone bt sometimes d phone can go nuts..
Overall,its stil a gud phone...luv it!!
love the phone but ived already sent it twice at sony ericson repair center. last 2 months the speaker is not working and this week i sent it again cause the battery wont charge. hope this will be the last issue that i will encounter with this phone. luckily its still under warranty but still i have to pay for the shipping.
doesnt it have simple gallery
..is it necessary 2 use file manager ???????
This site is for modifying your k550i to W610i. Change camera driver, sound driver, adding flash themes etc.
To all SE owner. Secret message in service menu. At standby mode press > * < < * < * select service info,select model info then press 2,4,6,8 you'll be amaze =D (> right, < left, * asterisk)
To know the cpu speed of sony ericsson visit this site
Congratulation Sony Ericsson for becoming Top Rank Brand among Tech-Crazy Asians..... You're the best..... You're Number One.....
WORD!! Finally somebody who knows something about sound.... Cheap Headphones Crap!! That my friends is the naked truth!! And you don't want to listen to only bass... Or do you?? I prefer music
Truly excellent mobile phone! I have one since January 2008 & man it rocks and beat's the Nokia 6300 by miles in every area except the display, Nokia has 2 million versus 256K colors of Sony Ericsson K550i.
Positive Features :
- The best 2MP camera with Autofocus currently available in the market. It has an active lens cover which is helpful in protecting the lens from scratches, stains & smudges. There are also two powerful LED’s to help taking photos in dark which also act as a torchlight when required. The software part that handles the camera is very intuitive and provides a number of options that suits in different environments in taking pictures.
- Great music player with 5 band graphic equalizer that allows custom settings providing a crystal clear sound with thumping bass when used with walkman series headsets like HPM-75. Of course there is no MegaBass in K series but you do not need one if you know how to set up the equalizer to provide a similar effect. Many people forget MegaBass is a default equalizer preset not a piece of hardware which will greatly enhance the lower audio frequencies (Bass).
- FM radio with RDS facility provides clear sound & good reception quality. No recording facility though.
- Lightning fast response time with a 220 Mhz ARM9 processor & 77 MB inbuilt shared memory. Its predecessor K750i which happens to be the highest selling mobile phone of SE and one to beat had a 110Mhz ARM9 processor & 38 MB inbuilt shared memory. So you get two times processing power & two times inbuilt memory. Need to say more!
- This mobile runs on Sony Ericsson A100 platform(software). This software is very stable, very fast to operate with no snags and is built in Java which is THE ULTIMATE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE. Believe me because I am a computer engineer. It uses Ahead of Time (AOT) Java Virtual Machine(JVM) which very good but Jazelle JVM is even better .
- Powerful processor and good inbuilt memory lends to Java games running smoothly with no jitter or lag.
- The best battery in its category (Li Poly, 950mAh) with which I can listen 24 hrs of nonstop music at full volume with a full battery charge.
- Small, thin at just 14mm & light, I sometimes forget it's in my pocket.
- Connectivity wise offers not only Bluetooth but also Infra-red port which is helpful to communicate with older mobile phones for data transfer.
- No need to install driver CD's, just connect to the computer with the USB cable that comes with it & transfer music, videos, pictures etc to the phone & visa versa.
- Lastly, it does very well for what it is primarily built for, excellent call reception, loud & clear.
Deep technical details :
- Sony Ericsson K550i has (Thin Film Diode) TFD screen instead of TFT. TFD consumes less power than TFT so better battery life and are brighter. It also provides higher contrast and colors appear more vivid & brighter and do not appear washed out under direct sunlight.
- It uses Sony's patented M2 memory card rather than miniSD cards. Both are of nearly same size but M2 cards have much higher data transfer speed so the phone has faster response to user input.
- It uses Lithium Polymer ion battery rather than Lithium ion, Li Poly is a superior technology (better safety, thinner) & will ultimately replace Lithium ion in near future.
- K550i comes with Bluetooth supporting A2DP, a very important feature for music fans as it allows STEREO Bluetooth transmission to Bluetooth headsets.
- Sony Ericsson was able to use such a powerful processor (220 Mhz) for K550i which draws a lot of power because it uses a TFD screen which sucks less power than TFT and at the same time uses a much bigger battery (BST-33) which is found in its top range models like C702i managing to provide an exceptional standby time. For example, C702i uses the same battery but it has a much bigger TFT display drawing more power so to maintain a descent standby time Sony Ericsson had to use a less powerful processor running at 180 Mhz.
Steal this mobile (Sony Ericsson K550i) if you can (pun intended), but those looking for similar features at an even tighter budget look for Samsung J210 as it has all the features of this phone but pricewise comes 20% cheaper.
for all existing and future se users out there, wish you all a Merry X'mas!!!
Can anyboady tell me how to make my phone better by flashing the phone firmware to w610. (Flash K550 to W610). I am very new to flasing phones. so pls be kind enough to discribe in simple
Thank you Mickey & SDK, for your gratitude, I am a very busy man but still I will try posting more important technical details that will provide an insight to this product which will ultimately help a buyer to make a decision to buy this mobile phone or not rather than posting comments which looks like a story making a buyer bewildered in making a decision. Thank You!
Truely, your technical details and along with the data you have acquired ( with whatever means u have ) is very comprehensive and elaborate.. hats off to u.. People like you should blog/post more..
I am planning to take this for my friends, and with the details that u have provided, it really helped me in taking a decision..
This phone is excellent as can be seen from the reviews and opinions. A cybershot, so probably better than the rest of the nokia lot with 2mp cam,
The music quality is unparalleled , courtesy sony erricson branding..
The best part is the autofocus and pricing, absolutely a take-away deal..
So people, go for it..
And thanks again ,Rishi guru..
for a budget cyber shot it offers enough picture quality but i have to agree with what they have said in the gsm arena review it wont give quality as much as other cyber shot models , maybe its cuz its a budget model , the pictures u take gets a bit darker in the night but its doing fine in day time . i really like the s.e. firmware so no questions asked i love it and its one of the fastest (one thing i really cant understand is that s.e. keeps using the same firmware on most mobiles over and over again anyway that maybe cuz its fast and users love it)