Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

Popularity

Daily interest
1.1%
Total hits:
6464397

Voting results

Design
7.4
Features
7.3
Performance
7.3
Votes:
193

Sort by:

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-04 11:56 from PA7D - click to readbro u mentioned the wrong version of gb.the gingerbird firmware version for our device is 4.0.2.A.0.58/.42

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 20:04
  • 7tNX
  • R

Sorry I cant find the rom link because im using stock gb ending with .58...and why Do you need that?the .58 is awesome also in my opinion..

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 15:29
  • HjBI
  • U

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-04 11:09 from RIEZ - click to readHehe. I'm just about to get started and I forgot I don't have Gingerbread firmware
2.3.4 0.42
Can u share the link to download it?

I search in Google but some web link (even in XDA) put the firmware in media fire and in media fire it's already removed
What should I do, please help me.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 11:56
  • PA7D
  • R

I've just take a look at the Rom,and I don't know how does it feels like on the rom:-),try it and report to me,hehe...

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 11:09
  • RIEZ
  • U

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-04 07:40 from RIEZ - click to readHello bro, I'm about to install this GB rom:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=216227­5

But I'm afraid xLOUD will not working properly, as u said the walkman from custom rom can't be same as the original one.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 10:09
  • PA7C
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-04 04:21 from PA7C - click to readYa I heard about xperia e1 last month,the phone look great but the ugly thing is the camera 3.15MP no flash,no hd video,no front camera and...btw I suggest u to use gb rom if you want performance more,like mine;-) I call my my phone(Superior LwW)hehe...

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 07:40
  • RIEZ
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-04 03:11 from RIEZ - click to readWell the bad thing in my w200i walkman does not support "show album art" but u'r w205 does.

Anyway I didn't use T bond Rom anymore, I now back to stock Ics and looks like I don't wanna try another rom anymore coz I see a different sound quality now. Stock Ics(and also stock gb) has more louder xLoud compare with any other rom, but stock Ics only produce noise not quality. So according to u'r w205 in my opinion lww is next gen of w205 walkman "without" any specific feature.

Looks like for people who really maniac music and walkman they should try Xperia E1 that contains lots of walkman feature and the sound is more loud than our lww.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 04:21
  • PA7C
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-03 17:02 from PA7D - click to readI don't know about xperia j headset is it rubber earbud??as tx has a rubber earbud..and also about w205 it has no any sound enhancement just repeat,shuffle,show album art.thats all

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 03:11
  • RIEZ
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 16:22 from RIE@ - click to readok I try to answer u'r question:
about mega bass is unbeatable bass of any bass I didn't really know, I don't compare it yet with power amp app, also I don't know if this mega bass compared with HTC beats audio, but if compared with Xperia Tx walkman, mega bass is outstanding
About work on headset or loudspeaker it work both of it but not really good if u play music via speaker, listen it with headset and feel the BOOM.
Hey bro, really w205 not support mega bass?

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 17:06
  • PA7D
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 16:07 from RIE@ - click to readWow how kind of u'r brother...
Tx headset, what do u mean? my brother Tx headset quality as same as my dad Xperia j headset, so why changing u'r plan??

oh, about bond Rom I hate to say this but I'm not really happy with this Rom, walkman contain lot of bugs, calendar app always said it's stop working, sound little bit reduce.
and about ram it's same as u, my clean master always show 80-90% ram usage.
The good thing: UI look more cool than gb or stock Ics

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 17:02
  • PA7D
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-03 15:21 from PA7D - click to readAnd also I forgot to ask how does Mega bass sound??as I know on the web all people said Mega bass is unbeatable bass of any bass.does it sounds greater than poweramp??or maybe sony tx?I just wanna know that because I got no chance to buy any of Sony Ericsson phone that have megabass,the oldest se phone I used is only w205 with empty functioning walkman..my target phone with megabass was w600I but sadly after I know it was beast of walkman that time was to late because it was year 2011 and I can find any pieces of it.....and time after time I got 3 walkman 1.w205..2.w100i.and third tadaa wt19i haha the third was the best of all but I still got a question mark how does mega bass sounds????is megabass sound in loudspeaker and headset???aarrgguh too much question hehe

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 16:22
  • RIE@
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-03 15:21 from PA7D - click to readIm planning to buy that headset but my brother said that he will give me the sony tx as he will get the z ultra and that's mean I will get sony tx headset also if it does im just cancel my plan to buy the headset.LoL.2 question how is your experience after using ics rom??how much Ram do you got all the time in bond Rom??

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 16:07
  • RIE@
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 14:08 from RIE@ - click to readvery cooolll bro, have stereo speaker with xLoud supported on it, good design, 4gb memory in it, if our lww running out of battery this will replace it for a moment.
Let's hope this will compatible with SE phone especially in our lww and my w200i. (I Imagine if this headset is connected in my w200i with mega bass equalizer, the sound will goes BOOM...BOOM...BOOM HAHA :D)

I think the bad thing about this headset is the price will be.... Haha, u must be know it already :D
Thank You for the information

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 15:21
  • PA7D
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-03 12:32 from PA7C - click to readYeah look like you know what im saying just now,FYI all sony headset is not compatible on any sony ericsson device(I mean the headset come in box or the headset that were made for specific sony phone)it is recommend for you to test it before you buy one.and about ps1 or 1 emulator I don't know about that much but its look interesting I will try it soon on my lww.and also about memory card im using 32gb class4 and I have no problem or lags with my game performance.my suggestion of headset is sony nwz wh303 check this http://www.sony.co.in/product/nwz-wh303 I didn't test it yet but it look interesting and im planing to buy it because of removable wire to the jack port and it also has stereo speakers

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 14:08
  • RIE@
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 10:07 from HjBI - click to readYeah I think u right, walkman app in custom Rom can't beat the original one, also in this Rom I feel (I don't know about u) xloud is little bit reduce...

oh, I want to ask headset that good and compatible with this phone, can u suggest? I'm planning to buy Sony headset with clear bass supported but I heard some Sony headset is not compatible with SE phone and I prove it with my brother Xperia tx headset and my dad Xperia j headset (headset that came from the box). also I have SE w200i phone, is Sony headset compatible with that phone? (please don't suggest wireless headset I don't like it)

And talk about gaming in GB u said it's good, and i'm about to downgrade and install PlayStation 1 or 2 emulator in this phone, is it compatible and will running smoothly?
I now use micro sd SanDisk class 10 8gb just in case game will laggy when micro sd class is low...

Again, sorry too many questions :)

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 12:32
  • PA7C
  • R

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-03 07:04 from PA7C - click to readYeah xloud must be enabled from setting,and the other option you say is only work on headset like my brother sony tx all walkman option working,one thing 1 tell you there is no walkman app on custom rom that sound 100% same as original Sony made,ive test it all and still my brother tx is unbeatable..plus you can try surround sound from your lww and compare it to your brother Tx and you know,even the equalizer far beast from our lww rom...And oh about Gaming on gb yeah on gb you will see the performance insanely no lags at all,ive try gaming on other rom even temple run 2 can lags on custom rom and The minion rush also extremely lags on any other rom but not in gb.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 10:07
  • HjBI
  • R

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 05:48 from HjBI - click to readHey bro, looks like I found some bug in this Rom, here it is:
clear phase won't work, what actually it do? I don't understand I don't feel any difference sound if I tick or untick it.
If I tick xloud in walkman app, nothing happened, so I must tick it in sound setting.
same problem with clear stereo and dynamic normalizer, I don't feel any difference
But when I ask my brother who had Xperia tx he got same problem too,
So is it a bug or only Sony technology that only "cool" in name but worst in quality??? BIG question

Back to gb? I don't know maybe someday, coz I don't know why I just don't like GB.
btw are used this Gb Rom:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=216227­5
(correct me if I'm wrong)

and 1 more thing are u playing games??? how is it gaming performance in u'r GB Rom???

Hehe. again I write too many questions :)

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 07:04
  • PA7C
  • R

Hey Theo d here the right link http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2239187 sorry for my mistake

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 05:48
  • HjBI
  • U

> In reply to Sony Lover freaky @ 2014-02-03 05:30 from HjBI - click to readSorry dont read my below post I accidentally press submit just now;-)..Yes the walkman all features are working with no bugs also with the albums and movies.... Here the link....http://forum.xda-developers.co...39187..­.also I wanna share with you if you want the walkman light up on any notification on any rom just install music light apk search it on Google,hehe maybe you know it already...ok back to the rom the rom in the link,im happy with it because all feature I want is in there but now im back to the stock gb because on the rom above I only got 70-110 mb but mostly 80mb all the time and this is what I hate,i think its a shame for our phone that got 512mb but only got 80mb of useable,and now im insanely happy with my gb rom because no matter how many apps I installed and moved it to sd I always got 200++ mb left and my ram is always 190++ even is there a more than 20 apps are running(I look at running app in setting)and even with clean master app tell me my ram is 40% is used,but sadly when you on ics rom your ram always got used by 80% and above..after got a pain in my @$$ testing all the rom,im back to gb because yeah like my phone now I have 20plus app with some bloatware have been deleted I got 220++ mb left and 200++mb of ram + my cpu 1.5 ghz all the time(I use rage kernel for gb) plus with stock rom 2.3.4 ending with .58 build number now my snapdragon with walkman is Fly as thunder...yeah you will know that when you on custom rom there is no rom as fast as stock gb and got 200++ of ram..sorry for talk to much,I just tell you my opinion....

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 05:46
  • HjBI
  • U

> In reply to Theo D @ 2014-02-01 18:37 from PA7C - click to readYes the walkman all features are working with no bugs also with the albums and movies.... Here the link....http://forum.xda-developers.co...39187..­.also I wanna share with you if you want the walkman light up on any notification on any rom just install music light apk search it on Google,hehe maybe you know it already...ok back to the rom the rom in the link,im happy with it because all feature I want is in there but now im back to the stock gb because on the rom above I only got 70-110 mb but mostly 80mb all the time and this is what I hate,i think its q shame

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-03 05:30
  • HjBI
  • U
Sort by:
Total of 12303 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.