Sony Ericsson TM506 - user opinions and reviews

6.2
6.2

• Pierre-Louis Ricardo
  • Rating0

Hi, I'm using a Sony Ericsson TM506 and when trying to access an option in the menu, it display blank but U press the OPEN button it displays it correctly.For example, when U open the CONTACT, it seems to be blank, but when select OPEN, U can see the detail concerning the contact that U have saved.So How could I resolve that please?

• 2010-06-03 19:25
  • PHkK

Yup....I'm browsing on here trying to find solutions.It's still shuts off...Piece o' crap....hard to navigate, spent money on memory and it doesn't recognize it... I did like the big outside time display sold me. But getting it to come on is another trick. Now I'm suppose to upgrade to a text phone...I think it's all a scam.

• 2010-05-29 17:58
  • 48sT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-17 20:49 from Re2E - click to readfrom nigeria.i have sold over 10 pcs of the refurbished phone and people keep on asking for more sugesting that the model is good. my wife uses it and it is rugged and battery lasts for a long time. it is portable and good for women. it is a good model and i like it.

• 2010-05-23 00:18
  • fXKN

have had the phone for a few months but from the start there have been problems and yes it is extremly sluggish at times but it is a good phone but the processing time it has is way too long and slow and some buttons randomly stopped working i had too shut it down for a while then restart it then the buttins were working fine

the phone for minimal use is good but once u start to down load, its down hill from there honestly i didn't expect this from sony they have a better reputation than this

• 2010-05-17 20:49
  • Re2E

very bad phone.I have this one for 15 months and only problems.Bad softwear.Never buy this phone.

• 2010-05-15 19:33
  • YgxM

phone bite no record of missed or recieved calls only if the feels likde it somebody calls you the call drops and you would expect to revert back to incoming call list and guess what yuo see the guy that called 4 days ago the phone is a failure sony snap out of it why go out of your way to sell junk crap

• 2010-04-16 15:45
  • qib2

> In reply to AJ @ 2009-07-23 21:51 from 43Sc - click to readQuit trying to put the hype on even t-mobile have problems helping you thru the problems and they are looking at the features on the screen to help walk you thru it. Reading a manual only goes so far, the average child knows how to make calls, text and some of the other stuff, don't try to be rocket scientist manual reading is not the problem, the problem is this phone is another sony loser products.

• 2010-03-19 05:48
  • Tf%g

> In reply to not happy @ 2009-01-05 17:23 from jQcV - click to readI totally agree w/you some people need to quit turning the pages experience is the best teacher. They need to stop making up excuses the phone is crap olla.

• 2010-03-19 05:47

• 2010-03-19 05:32

• 2010-03-19 05:21
  • Tf%g

> In reply to djapolinares @ 2010-01-26 17:04 from IauK - click to readThe phone was new I had not even had it six months before experiencing problems w/the phone. They replaced it and I am still experiencing the same problems. Please do not try to hype this phone it's horrible. I have replaced the phone once, the phone was new and it slow when you make calls, make a mistake in texting the recovery time is slow, it shut off by itself, turn it off and it time a long time to turn on, if it turn on, get many drop calls, then it take a period of time to get the reception back. Do not hype the goodness of this phone I have seen cheaper phones perform better. Sony is still not up w/technology times and it's a shame many companies are moving forward they are moving backward.

• 2010-03-19 05:07
  • Tf%g

who wouldnt want this phone

• 2010-03-13 23:24
  • qLHj

This phone is good when it comes to storing files, making calls, and I think it has a great battery life.

The problem is that it's slow (sluggish), freezes or turns off from time to time, the transfer cable is different than the regular USB one you get, the memory card is M2 (not SD), and the "T-Mobile" display in the screen is annoying if you're using a wallpaper since it blocks the image. Being notified of a new event is this phone's worse feature because you get a notification screen for anything (anything!) and it slows it down. If you spelled something wrong while texting you get "Word Not Found..." in a giant display pop-up. The same with new text messages or again, anything. You also put words faster on the phone while texting than how it's displaying them.

Overall the phone is good, but the downfall is the sluggishness.

• 2010-03-11 19:07
  • x69L

With out a doubt the worst phone I have ever owned. Constantly locks up, lags, or otherwise does something it was not supposed to. Stay away from it, or Sony in general for that matter.

• 2010-03-05 19:33
  • jyGY

I have this phone and my sister gave it to me.. The best phone and its features are the best. Pictures taken by its camera are good and sound quality is the best compared to other phone brands. I use it as a music player too. All negative comments about this phone specifically about its hang ups and turning off by itself are just lies. Excellent phone. For me, I think am the only one here in the philippines with this phone..=)

• 2010-01-26 17:04
  • IauK

this is a great phone. and those of you who cant send picture msgs really need to talk to your provider. it also helps if you save most of your info on your memory card and not on the phone. that helps speed up most functions on this inexpensive durable phone. and as far as battery life. when you purches this wonderful product,take the time and shut the phone off and let it charge TILL IT TELLS YOU CHARGE COMPLETE. DUH

• 2009-12-29 22:20
  • 0dcR

We have two of the tm506. It would be a good phone for a kid. Dont buy this if you own a business it locks up ALOT. Cant press 1 for english, cant hangup on solisiters, cant see the screen (because its blank).
We have the update cable and did the update (several times). when you call tech suport thats the first thing they say is do an update.
We have returned the phones a few times (fourth phone now)and still have the same problem. Some people say (its a free phone) no its not unless you want to be married to t-mobile. The first phone I purchased when it first hit the streets about 17-18 months ago and it was around $150 with the 2 year contract then. Good luck if you get one. I belive this phone has a software issue.

• 2009-12-18 23:52
  • YYWb

I have had my phone since July. I have had to replace it 3 times because it will not make calls, hangs up on calls in the process because the phone lags so bad, can not use my camera anymore, turns it self off, battery sucks, call history sucks, deletes messages before I get a chance to read them and so many more things. Now t mobile wont give me a different phone cause I exchanged them in the store. This phone is the worst phone I have ever had.

• 2009-12-03 19:49
  • 4}Q{

> In reply to hokeepokee @ 2009-10-19 22:28 from 4{vg - click to readdont lie this phone is da BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2009-11-26 23:54
  • 0Hw@

I've had this phone for almost a year now, and I really do enjoy this phone. I can put music, movies, videos, pictures on it via the computer, which is nice. The display is bright with sharp colors, which is really good when I play movies and videos. The music player is very good too, with various sound settings and equalizer. Calls sound very good and texting is no problem. Picture quality isn't too bad with the camera. The "pan and zoom" feature is nice when viewing pictures. The size took a little gettin' used to though(I had a small Samsung flip phone before this one), but overall this is a really nice phone.

• 2009-11-07 22:31
  • QsNR
Total of 178 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson TM506.