Does anyone have any difficulty with images?
The W200i doesn't seem to support images with the jpg extension, but it supports the jpeg extension... Can someone please test this out, just to confirm that I am not alone?
this phone is da bomb!
the price suits me. i love the features that it comes with! even though some people think the screen isn't good, it is still good enough to let the phone run at it's best. so wat no bluetooth just infared. that isn't a problem, so wat it is slow and takes longer to send or recieve files but the main thing is that you can still get goodies from ur mates. anyway it is a really good phone for it's price but anyway future byers. u must buy this phone it is light and easily used!!!
w200i rocks when it comes to price and walkman function, but lack of bluetooth, bad camera and screen makes things sucks. Camera and screen sucks because the price isn t high, but lack of bluetooth is failure. Also i love the look of w200, simple and cool. Fine phone
very bad phone for its price, displya and camera reslt are also very bad
Music Control buttons during walkman: Press & hold volume (+) button to go one song up and press & hold volume button (-) to go one song down in ur music list. It also works with radio to switch between channels.
while ur fone is idle, press volume button to get phone status.
Great phone, better than Nokia 5200
Y bought this phone yesterday, and it's not charging. It charged about 5 minutes and then it stopped :(
Depending on the country you purchased your phone, the battery specifications can differ...
1. You noted that the screen does not dim when you are calling someone... The screen is not supposed to turn off, but simply dim...
2. The headphones supplied have no specific buttons for music/FM control. The only button on the headphones is used to disconnect the phone when your call has ended (press it to end the call)
3. Battery specs can differ due to country (though I am not 100% sure...)
4. It is not possible to listen through both speaker and earphones at the same time... Just one at a time... As for the speaker power, it is generally strong (it is louder than the Samsung SGH-D600). (You may notice some hissing sound when listening to more quiet songs... I am not sure whether this is normal)
5. The cell info can be turned on by going to MESSAGES, SETTINGS, and AREA INFO. If you do not have this, you have a problem...
6. The W200i is not capable of recording FM radio...
I myself am experiencing some firmware problems (e.g. WALKMAN doing things that it is not supposed to be doing). Things have gotten worse... I am waiting for an email from SE, and if the result is bad, I am returning this phone and changing...
Hope this helps. The phone itself is good; lots of features. But due to my excessively annoying problems (most of which arose last night), I am having second thoughts >
I have the following problems after using W200i till now:
(1) Whenever I receive any call or sending any call, screen light is always ON till the call terminates. There is no option to manage this function ie., screen light duration.
(2) There is no function of Push Button of my Headset whenever I listen music in player or FM. Most of the headphones have these functions like change the track or change the FM station, last call dial etc. Even no mute option is there, when I listen FM.
(3) My Battery spec has standard battery BST-36, Li-Polymer 3.6V Type CBA-0001004, made in China, finished in China. Tell me whether it is genuine or not. Because I did not get the result regarding talktime or listening music as SE told ie, 7 hrs and 18 hrs repectively. I hardly talk 2 hrs and listen music 4 hrs.
(4) Cannot listen through Headphone and Phone speaker at a time. Phone Speaker is not up to the mark, even much lesser sound than Nokia 2626. Though headset is very good.
(5) Cell info function is not here in W200i, by which name of current location is displayed.
(6) I cannot record FM.
The W200i is phone for the budget-minded... Those getting put-off by the bad opinions should not simply forget about this phone. This phone is still pretty new on the market. Thus, it is natural that there are still some bugs out there... You should wait a few months (around 3-6 months) more and then consider... By then, most bugs would have been fixed (hopefully)...
Seriously, where would you find a USD$100 phone that has M2 slot, loads of features like MusicMate, PlayNow, and is WALKMAN branded?
Just wait a little while, then check the reviews... :]
I will find this phone PERFECT if all the bugs I stated below is corrected, and I will recommend the W200i if this is achieved...
Nope..i've never experienced any problem because i dont even have the phone..Well i was about to get one yesterday but after seeing all these problems u guys encounter here..i'm haaving second thoughts on getting this phone..
I am hoping that the problems I'm going through are minor glitches in the firmware... I do hope that SE will release stability updates (and bug fixtures) soon...
Other than that, this is a nice, simple, well-rounded phone... Nice work Sony Ericsson...
Well my gf gifted me this fone..... and i think it a pretty handy fone. although the vga camera and no bluetooth hurts this but as for a walkman set... u shudn't be thinking for looking for those things. Its easy to use and looks cool. So far i didn't experienced any problem and i hope i won't. Great set SE.
Very nice feeling of relief... At least my phone is not alone with the camera problem... Can anyone else confirm whether they have this camera problem?
If it is a firmware problem, I hope an updated firmware is released shortly...
Also, I get a problem when playing music in background mode... I am navigating in the menu when the music is suddenly replaced by a high frequency buzzing... I have to go into the WALKMAN player and stop the music playback and play it again... Sometimes, the music seems to be playing, but there is no sound being produced... Does anyone have this problem as well?