Sony Ericsson W580 - user opinions and reviews

8.2

phones really good

• 2014-09-10 19:14
  • 3JnV

I've had it since 2007, the sound and the player was always the best. There was even a feature, in order for the player to change the song, all I had to do was shake it :-) I still have it, it still works perfectly good. I only use it for music though :-)

• 2014-07-09 06:53
  • FFhe

I have owned this phone since 2007 until some fool stole it from my room this year. I loved this phone like no other. Had owned another SE before and now 1 of my phones is an Xperia mini but this SE is still my favourite 1. I loved the old SE layout and themes that change with every menu. The lights on the side that flash with the vibration and ringing. Sony Ericsson before the standardised Google OS. I miss it. that distinct Sony Ericsson feel.

• 2014-07-01 21:31
  • Nvk2

I was just cleaning my cupboard when i found this device lying under some stuff. I have this phone since 2008, the first phone i got. I really loved it especially the LED strips on both the sides (the main reason i bought this phone for :P). I have many memories attached to it. It was working fine for 2 years till one day when it just wouldnt charge. It was giving some troubles before, it wasnt that major but that day it just wouldnt recognize the charging pin connected to it. Even the headphones were not working with it. The guys at the service centre could not repair it so i bought an iphone 4. I wish i could repair it... anyway just sharing this thing

• 2014-06-13 21:53
  • 2@rN

> In reply to kartik83 @ 2014-03-21 08:27 from 7um{ - click to readI agree. And while I have never needed to replace the battery, I have dropped it too many times to count and it has yet to break. There were just a LOT of dents, scuffs and gouges on the housing. I said were because I replaced the old white casing with a new red one. And now it's pretty again:)

• 2014-05-05 06:53
  • qZY5

Yes this is one of the best phone, i am using this phone since November 2008 and still using this phone,i really love picture quality, music quality & speed of this phone.
Only thing is to get its standard battery which is too costly (2400\-Rs)which i have purchased once but it worth it.

• 2014-03-21 08:27
  • 7um{

realy this mobile is very good I used it.

• 2014-03-16 15:35
  • 2Zcp

> In reply to OWL IV @ 2013-08-24 20:44 from j019 - click to readits very true. I used that phone for a year. Is one of sony ericssony's best phone. to what mattered most was the speed of its kind...

• 2013-12-10 13:54
  • NuNP

> In reply to AMCC @ 2013-10-21 23:55 from n$jh - click to readreally the best !!

• 2013-11-18 09:01
  • NaAG

One of the best handsets I´ve had so far. Very pratical and confortable, it´s display exibits one of the best color rendering and viewing angles of any of the handsets I´ve contacted with, the operating system will surprise some Symbian and even Android users with a simple and cleverly designed interface, radio sensitivity and mp3 audio quality are quite good, and batery life does not compromise at all. Using it for 4 years now and I still prefer it to my android LG.

• 2013-10-21 23:55
  • n$jh

Since I'm having this phone for (5) years, I'm a special reviewer!

Main advantages:
5.Acceptable sound through speakers
6.Comfortable & well lit keypad
7.Pleasing quality of earphones
Main disadvantages:
1.Very bad charging/handsfree port, which soon result in disability to charge the battery & listening to music.
2.Not possible to charge the battery & listening to music at the same time.
3.No reliable battery capacity, but whole service life is good, but battery replacement is easy
4.Takes about 3 hours to be fully charged
5.Internet browsing has some annoying problems
6.No sign or alert for new events in standby mode
7.No good games
8.Slight noise on earphones during playing music

Overall:
Relatively good mobile phone, but no good walkman

• 2013-08-24 20:44
  • j019

I love so much these mobile brand.
That's so cute.

IS MY BEST.

• 2013-08-07 12:26
  • rrMc

is this mobile still available in stores to buy? in india or us

• 2013-06-25 09:30
  • Mfxg

it is a very good phone fo the muzic lovers!!!! n the camera is satisfactory...but the real prob is with the battery!!!! newaz its mah fav !!!

• 2013-06-24 21:19
  • Hkqs

this phone is the best for photo and loading browser i have 3 of this

• 2013-04-13 15:12
  • 3bMv

Sony ericsson is comendable. I love it more than any phone. How can i read my download text?. When am brousing the net, my phone most atimes prompts me to download the page instead of opening the page. When i do so, the saved downloaded file does not open rather, it prompts me to send via bluthoot or email.

• 2013-03-28 09:16
  • fsVe
  • F

> In reply to khel @ 2013-03-19 13:17 from Mfxa - click to readOkay, go to Settings > Connectivity > Internet settings > Internet profiles and choose the correct profile i.e. settings that your service provider has given you. If you haven't downloaded the profile then you can enter the settings yourself by choosing New profile.

• 2013-03-25 16:17
  • Srxt

I had this phone for two years, but i lost it. I was so depressed when i'd lost it. it's a good phone, very good phone, when it comes to everything, especially, music and camera. i soooo miss it. :( maybe, if i didn't lost it, i never change it for new phones in the market.

• 2013-03-25 10:11
  • Kg%M

i just want to ask if how can i activate the gprs of this phone,,,, thanks

• 2013-03-19 13:17
  • Mfxa

my camera is not working how could it be fix it working very well but i need my camera and how do i get my message i lose

• 2013-03-13 14:22
  • kDFr
Total of 4086 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson W580.