hey everyone..contemplating buying the sony ericsson w580i..could someone please tell me the pros and cons of this fone? thanks a ton!
can anyone please tell me how to turn off the gprs constant connection please?
I have owned the nokia 5700.And Sold it after 1 week. The screen is great, yes, but it is too big and heavy and the mp3 quality is , in my opinion, worse the SE walkman.
Also disliked the "C" key position.
If that helps you....
I bought it in grey/blue in the end.I am trying it now.
Pity is so plastic plastic, but really light and nice screen quality.
Let's see if I'm lucky and do break the keys
Phone is great except for one thing. While in a Car or Van, the person you are talking with is hearing to much background noise. Is there a way to fix it????????
hey im looking into buying this phone. i just wanted to know wat you guys think of the camera display
i have a simple problem but i cant solve it anyway.if the automatic keypad lock is NOT on how can i lock the keys?!
I'm sure all Rogers customers appreciate your tutorial. Well done, mate!
Just one thing:
NOT ALL branded phones have this problem - I've been playing with a branded one here in Europe and no problems at all.
It seems that ONLY Rogers' phones have it. Bad bad software... :)
I've just got the w850i from Rogers today and have been searching the net to figure out how to use mp3 as ring tone for a branded phone. And I finally get it done with the help from Esato.com website and here is how. It's a bit long and complicated but it does work.
Hope everyone enjoys it.....
MP3 ring tones / ring tunes on branded Sony Ericsson
I have seen a number of posts online re: how to use MP3s as ring tones / ring tunes on the Sony Ericsson K790. The response to most people's inquiries is to de-brand your phone, however there are lots of people out there that don't want to tinker that much or risk losing their warranty.
Below is a solution for branded phones (I'm using a Rogers phone, freshly purchased).
Overall: The two key things to successfully transferring over your MP3s for use as ring tones, alarms, etc. is (1) converting them to DRM files, and (b) using the Sony Ericsson File Manager software and dragging the DRM files simply to your phone, not the Phone Memory or Memory Stick folders. Here are the detailed instructions for Windows-based PCs.
1. Install the Sony Ericsson DRM Packager software (http://developer.sonyericsson..../p_misc.jsp)
2. Install the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software (included on the CD that came with your phone)
3. Open the Sony Ericsson DRM Packager software
4. Go to the Options menu -> Configuration
5. Change the DRM Method to 'forward-lock'
6. (optional) Specify an Output directory where your DRM files will be saved
7. Press OK
8. Click the 'Add...' button
9. Select one or more MP3 files on your computer
10. Ensure the Output Directory is specified at the bottom of the window
11. Click the 'Create DRM Content' button
12. An alert will pop up when the files have been converted
13. Connect your phone to your computer with your USB cable (I am unable to provide instructions for Bluetooth)
14. On your phone, you will be prompted to select File Transfer, Phone Mode or Print. DO NOT select any of the above, just leave the phone how it is.
15. Open the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software. It should specify that your phone is connected in Phone mode. If not, your phone is not connected properly.
16. Open the File Manager in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software
17. On the left side of the File Manager window, you should see your cell phone listed in the Sony Ericsson File Manager folder. Click your phone name.
18. On the right side of the File Manager you should see the Phone Memory and/or Memory Stick listed. DO NOT double click either of these, just leave the window how it is.
19. Open the Output Directory that you specified in step 6 or 10 above (i.e. using My Computer / Windows Explorer)
20. Drag ONE DRM file from your Output Directory (just one file, not multiple files) to the right side of the Sony Ericsson File Manager window. This will start the file transfer and you will notice the progress on your phone's screen.
21. A few seconds after the file transfer has completed, your phone will prompt you: "Saved in Music in phone memory. Use now?" You can select either Yes or No. At this point the file has been transferred successfully to your phone and you will be able to select it as a ring tune, alarm, etc.
22. Repeat steps 20-21 with as many files as you would like. You can later move them into other folders on your phone, or to your memory stick. They do not need to stay in the Music folder.
hey ppl i just bought dis phone 4 days ago its syck it cost me 372 dollars (can)-- im wid rogers and im looking for themes and applications 2 put on it if u kknow where i could get some pllzz feel free 2 tell me
Just got this phone for 4 days. I went to Rogers for Nokia 6133, but they are out of stock. Then I turn to this small toy. It's an amazing choice. No any problem. After all discount, it's just $65 with no activation fee(3y contract). Phone call and music player are very good. Easy to use. The software is much butter than Moto.
Hey, I will be getting this phone soon and I really want to know how many songs it can hold on it, thanks!
Google is a wonderful thing ;)
You can apparently download the theme here: http://kees.antoonbloem.com/s500ithemes.rar
But there is a chance it won't work as I have heard that it's dependent on components installed in the firmware of the s500...... so good luck...
Pah, if anyone is considering buying this phone in Canada, I would recommend getting an unlocked one - rather than one from Rogers. The Rogers *@$!!&@@@ idots have removed the TrackID and RSS Reader apps from the phone. All you have in return is a very poor Rogers branded music player......and I can't think in a million years why they decided to put this on the phone because the Walkman player is a million times better...... duh to Rogers!
Hi Moog, I am sorry i don't know all the themes by name but there is supposed to be a theme which changes as day turns to night-does that theme work on the W580i?
well, I have a w850i that now is giving me some trouble with the camera, d-pad has cracked after 3 months...and was going to get this mobile the new w580.But I have touched it in real life and it seems soooo fragile, plastic, cheap plastic.The keyboard is really small and uncomfortable.
Can you tell me whether this impression is mistaken? Please advice