Sony Ericsson W715 - user opinions and reviews

1957792

6.3
6.2
6.3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-07-14 02:33 from HB2@ - click to readi have bin using this phone since it came out , have had 0 problems

• 2011-07-14 18:00
  • nTVW

Sorry but the phone is not so good, my just breaks down, you know, when it slips, the Options button and select do not work, even under warranty.

• 2011-07-14 02:33
  • HB2@

I've been using this phone for almost a year now, and I got to say this is one of the best Sony Ericssons I have used. I have friends who use SEs too, but theirs' always freezes randomly or is just slow.

The W715 is very stable, fast, and you are able to download and run many Java apps and games. GPS works flawlessly, and Wi-fi is perfect. The Walkman on the W715 is many, many times better than my other mp3 player; sound quality is exceptional, bass is distinct and has clear high tones.

Here are some pros and cons of this phone:

Pros:
- Sleek & stylish design
- Fully-featured (GPS, Wifi, Java, text-reader, Walkman)
- Phenomenal sound quality
- No reception problems! (Many other SEs have this problem..)
- Installed software is great, and fast

Cons:
- Build quality is rather cheap
- Dialpad can be hard to press at times
- Earpiece is not as clear as it can be (sounds like sound is coming from a tin can...)
- The speaker quality is quite horrid. If you set your phone to speakerphone, you may hear a bunch of garbled sounds at times, but still audible.

So in conclusion, despite the poor build quality and sound from earpiece and speaker, I would give this phone a thumbs up to anyone who is looking for a fully featured phone (not smartphone though!) with exceptional sound quality for listening to music.

• 2011-06-08 18:28
  • x8uj

i want to know Your

• 2011-05-26 03:48
  • 9DHj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-27 13:40 from Sb6{ - click to readIts looks is awesome but sound is very low n we does not change radio station from earphone

• 2011-05-02 02:33
  • 9MYn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-27 13:40 from Sb6{ - click to readW715 can run more app`s then any NOKIA S40 java-OS phone (competitor of A200 java-OS running SonyEricsson`s). W715 have excellent multitasking and is able run at the same time 6-9 small app steady. For Skype-calls is be available for special app.

• 2011-04-28 18:46
  • MCF$

> In reply to Jingo v. @ 2010-09-21 08:21 from vFaG - click to readits not a good phone when we think of price.we can not skype call,nimbuzz call,low sound,its not have enough software as like nokia.

• 2011-04-27 13:40
  • Sb6{

i buy 189euro.totally waste of money.its nothing support you can not skype call or nimbuzz talk .only chat.speaker sound is 100percent low.....like lowest quality set around the world

• 2011-04-27 13:33
  • Sb6{

Good phone i have one w715 but in red bull mobile design, :)

• 2011-04-25 08:39
  • JG%9

I own it since october 2010. The 5th Sony Ericsson for me ( after T230, K310, W660, w910 ) and I must agree, it's one of the best phone from the market (ofcourse, in its class, non-OS phones) . Very smart and reliable, this phone met all my expectations! GPS works flawlessly, it sounds nice, loud and clear ( after some mods ), the battery life suprised me with 5-7 day without charging. And I'm using it heavy day by day. Slider count proves it : 14.000 and growing !
The screen is nice, good colours and good eligibility in direct sunlight !

Minuses:
- I have some problems with Wi-Fi. I mean, I have to set it manualy for every hotspot.
- Music player has only 5 bar equalizer with just +4,-4 ajusting range. LAME !

• 2011-04-11 11:59
  • p3GY

Had this on a 24 month contract. Within a month it stopped working and had to go in for repair. In the months before the contract ended, it took increasingly longer to switch on, if it lost signal it needed a reboot to find it again, and the memory card packed up.

Nice phone when it works.

• 2011-03-12 16:44
  • mxDI

> In reply to ACERalph @ 2011-01-30 07:54 from ib4G - click to readnot all phone maker place all the spec in one model

• 2011-02-23 03:08
  • K5gb
  • costi from Bucharest
  • Rating0

is the best one model, but pay attention at Speaker Phone Mode. I'm very satisfied of this model. I'll recomend this model.

• 2011-01-30 22:45
  • LaG9

> In reply to huriya @ 2010-09-25 15:12 from 3Y7i - click to readlol.. its w705 that dont have gps.. while w715 have gps..

• 2011-01-30 07:54
  • ib4G

Does this phone available in Malaysia?

• 2011-01-15 11:08
  • IVCp

Is there any problem with the slider (ribbon) and the keypad after using a long time??

• 2011-01-15 10:37
  • IVCp

highly recommended phone!
Almost complete specsheet plus elegant design.
Sound quality through headset is awesome. I've tried both walkman and xpress music phones but in my own experience and opinion sound quality from walkman phones is better than that of an xm phone.
I use it with a philips headset with dynamic bass reflex. I totally love it.

Thumbs up walkman!

• 2011-01-05 09:57
  • t7X2

> In reply to nazrul aidil @ 2010-12-21 09:56 from PS6j - click to readdont like this phone but i like hazel because it more suitable to me ...

• 2010-12-23 19:07
  • tug}
  • F

which do you prefer overall, hazel or this phone? plez.. i need ur opinion

• 2010-12-21 09:56
  • PS6j
  • costi from Bucharest
  • Rating0

> In reply to huriya @ 2010-09-25 15:12 from 3Y7i - click to readW715 have A-GPS and it work very good...

• 2010-12-12 21:35
  • LaKK
Total of 570 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson W715.