Sony Ericsson Xperia active - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

6.8
6.8
6.7

hi... pls help me my sony xperia active why the touchscreen didnt work, when my xperia was low battery and i charge it then suddenly my the touchscreen didnt work.. what is the problem of my xperia.. pls help me?? how much it i'm gonna repair this to a cellphone technician??

• 2014-01-18 18:40
  • v0qu

My Xperia Active has updated. Now is JellyBean 4.1.2, via CyanogenMod 10.. Great UI.. Thanks Sony, Google, CM.. XD

• 2013-12-14 00:21
  • PA7C

> In reply to cristopher @ 2013-11-30 19:01 from 4RcT - click to readin SE service center they downgrade it to me from ICS 4.0.4 to GB 2.3.4,i could not do that using pc companion.Do not belive evrithing what that say on oficial sony web site.

• 2013-12-03 14:02
  • dMK}

> In reply to pop @ 2013-11-23 23:46 from dMKV - click to readhello, i luv this phone..upgraded to version 4gb--:-(. doesn't work the same. how do you downgrade back to version 2 jb? sony website says no support. please help.

• 2013-11-30 19:01
  • 4RcT

> In reply to hmmmnz @ 2013-11-22 11:35 from pYxI - click to read3 years? Strange, when it was launched june 2011.....

• 2013-11-30 10:07
  • nhvx

I updated my Active on ics 4.0.4. and have isuess with wi fi,after that bluethot start to shut down by itself,so my advise for all is do not ever think to update on ics.I downgrade to gingerbred 2.3.4. and now he works perfectly.

• 2013-11-23 23:46
  • dMKV

My friend owns this phone and I have to say, it is a very good one. In a small package it is almost bulletproof. She smashed it against the ground with all force once, to prove it was unbreakable and it was. Definitely a phone to consider.

• 2013-11-23 13:45
  • iBkc

its been a great phone, and has taken a beating, its been swimming, climbed mountains, dropped from fairly decent heights, been used to open beer,

a really great all rounder, but after 3 years it finally gave up the ghost with the touch screen not responding, i tried to replace the screen, but alas still no joy, so must be a problem with the motherboard,

i'd definitely buy an updated version if it came out,
the only improvements i'd want is a slightly larger screen, but keeping the same phone size or just slightly larger,

the phone as it is, is almost the perfect size for your pocket, and with the attached rubber strap it means its always easy to get hold of even with a pocket full of other junk,

best phone ive ever owned, sad to see him go ;(

• 2013-11-22 11:35
  • pYxI

i've experience the same problem try to flash it again with the ICS from sony PC Companion hope it can solve your

• 2013-11-21 11:10
  • U$4j

A year ago I had the same problem, should be sent to Service. GSM network service does not work. Mobile Network Settings menu, select WCDMA preferred network-only mode and will only work in areas with strong signal in the weak signal phone will signal 0% (not able to receive or initiate calls)

• 2013-11-07 19:46
  • 0CYV

> In reply to lokha @ 2013-10-27 09:27 from ut85 - click to readi've experience the same problem
try to flash it again with the ICS from sony PC Companion
hope it can solve your problem :)

• 2013-11-07 05:01
  • Ia79

my sony ericsson st17i is not working properly, after inserting of sim and when it is power on the phone gets switched on and later it gets switched off by itself. and the process of switched on and off continues until the battery is removed. but without sim it works fine. i have resored its factory setting its still the same. please help me out.

• 2013-10-27 09:27
  • ut85

My phone SCREEN is broken. Where can I fix it with a new one. Please send me the information. Thank you

• 2013-10-26 04:22
  • Qxpq

this phone has better performance and battery life if you running on CyanogenMod rom. i have installed CM 4.2.2 for now and it's great

• 2013-09-29 03:47
  • PA7G

this phone is great..but its much greater if u have xperia active dual..hheheh..u know what my phone battery now lasts for more than 72 hrs by just using gsm network mode...and i can still use everything even if im not using wcdma/gsm network..isn't great huh?..

• 2013-09-25 01:55
  • Mf5A

is anyone here whose xperia active battery will last for 48 hours or more? coz i just bought mine last sept 19 and the longest life of my battery is only 24 hrs (just standby mode and few call and text usage).. but if i play music for 2 hrs or play games for 30 min.. it will only last for more or less 20hrs..is this normal? any one pls ans...

• 2013-09-18 02:45
  • Mf5A

i have upgrade my xperia active to 4.0.4 jelly bean but my phone is now very slow & i can not downgrade my mobile again so plz help me out its working very slowly

• 2013-09-14 09:24
  • GQ9n

not so scratch resistant

• 2013-08-17 16:39
  • t7Vv

> In reply to osman bhai @ 2013-07-31 11:52 from gFAx - click to readSame here, would like to know the cause. Is it because of the latest update ?

• 2013-08-17 11:12
  • naLn

isn't it available in canada at all??

• 2013-08-06 01:41
  • qd}i
Total of 1183 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia active.