Jesse, 20 Jan 2011This phone sounds awesome but when are Sony Ericsson coming out with a new walkman phone? : ( ... moreas i can guess that sony ericsson dropped the Walkman and Cybershot logos from their phones , they used to pay high price to Sony to use these names on their phones .
last year some phones appear that carry the walkman features , but they never got the same attention as w995( i have 3 of this model)
it would have been better to have an AINO successor too , but that was dropped too .
as for the camera phones , i assume that all mobile companies have brought the 5 MP and 8 MP cameras as a standard for the phone industry , and hence if you want higher MP then you should go to compact cameras and DSLR camera
it would not be a bad idea for sony ericsson to produce special phones for their 10 birthday this year , such as special Cybershot camera phone , and a Walkman special edition phone
I wish that sony ericsson produces also a special edition of CYBERSHOT and WALKMAN phone under the same hood , and sell it as a limited edition for the 10 th anniversary that will be marked this year
abhi, 20 Jan 2011Well... , specs of galaxy s2 have leaked again.
From the specs galaxy s2 looks absolutely awe... moreSony Ericsson tend to be somehow conservative in the harware side of things and I agree with that
A true engieer will not through a product in the market just because it it new , i would suggest to be given some time for regorous testing an d commissioning.
as you can see now dual cores are emerging and LG already on the go for it , , this is a very smart move as marketing but not in terms of engineering ,
- so finally LG will be the test ground for this new technology , and now followed by Samsung in their Galaxy 2 in one month time .
- I think sony ericsson just want to wait and see how this chips will perform in these LG and Samsung devices and then will take the step to through a mobile in the market with such high spects
, dony forget that Sony ericsson cant risk its company due to small budget and low sales
This phone sounds awesome but when are Sony Ericsson coming out with a new walkman phone? : ( I have a 995 and Im waiting for a model with walkman features.
as we speak , there are new technologies today that will apear only on phones after a year or 2 years , and this is due to many many factors and mainly is the bettery size
- a manufacturer biggest challenge would be to make a harmonious device that marries the CPU , screen , battery and the Pllication under ine hood , and this takes lots of time of desin and testing
- so to get a product to the market is not only a magic that is done in a month or so
- plus there is tha marketing side of it , and this also influence the engeneers that are sitting behind the scenes trying to satisfy the marketing department as such .
please please we have to stop bashing and downgrading companies that we dony like
, all companies have contributed in this industry ina different way , its like AN EVOLUTION , one follow the other , , so each comppany completes the other , ,,, just assume that a world without sony ericsson , Nolia and i phone and we only have Samsung , then this markt will loose its hype and competitivness , and we shall end up by a monopoly and this will lead to slow down in technological advance of this mobile phones .
- so having all these leaders around will make your surprises and expectations to reach to its maximum every year
Well... , specs of galaxy s2 have leaked again.
From the specs galaxy s2 looks absolutely awesome.
But if SE wants to take advantage than they have the perfect opportunity to outsell galaxy s2.
From the leaks it's pretty clear what galaxy would offer, so SE has a great chance this time to create a device which outdoes galaxy s2.
This time SE will have a goal... > create a device which can kill galaxy s2's specs in every department.
let me tell you my simpl,e enginnering logic in all these new technologes
- in the engineering world things are different than in the consumer world ,
when a new technology emerges in the market , it would be a big mistake from a educated consuner to buy it immediately
- lets take all these mobile phone companies , all are in the dsame race in producing new mobile phones with advance technologies in a very short time , and they put these big marketing names , like (next generation , or reality , etc,,,) , in fact that all mobile companies try their phones by the consumers money , and all these traials are done in the field , ie Consumers hands
- if any mobile company requires truly to produce a mobile phone with todays technology , it requires at least 6 months to 1 year of rigid testing , but no one does
- they siply use your money and your time to do so
- so lets not boost so much about these new emerging technologies now and compare some numbers , we have to see tha final test in the field .
- we can come and judge a phone in real engineering terms only after a year usage by the consumers and there only er can say that this phone or that phone passed the real test .
- we have been drawn in some big numbers world , like MP counts , sceen sizes , processor speeds and battery sizes , but no in reality tend to go so far in real life use to measure all these in such details .
Anonymous, 20 Jan 2011I agree with abhi (the real one, from TL5H),
DUO is believed to be the final name for xperi... moreso we can finally say that sony ericsson flagship of this year is ARC only !!!
I was awaiting some surprize in February 2011 , but it seems that it wont happen
Arak, 20 Jan 2011does any one has any further info for NEO and DUO ?
ArakI agree with abhi (the real one, from TL5H),
DUO is believed to be the final name for xperia mini pro successor, but NEO is a bit confusing. There were so many codenames as posted by Mobilemaster, but only 4 names have been registered by Sony Ericsson's PR: XperiaPlay, Xperia arc, Xperia Neo and Xperia Duo. I guess Neo is the final name for Vivaz 2
Arak, 20 Jan 2011does any one has any further info for NEO and DUO ? regards ArakX10 mini pro's successor will be called Duo & probably hallon/Vivaz 2 will be called Neo.
As a great sony ericsson fan , and as we speak I have almost 32 sony ericsson mobile phones in my collection .
all these years with all sony ericsson ups and downs , still i am a true and loyal supporter for sony ericsson phones , and i can tabulate the reasons below
1- reliable phones
2- battery performance stays the same for at least 2 years
3- some nice and rare features are only available on sony ericsson phoes , like only having the list of callers to call you and block the rest
4- sony ericsson use quality components internaly that last long
5- nice colour and desigh mobiles
6- their proprierity (or so called Java phones) are superb , even my w995 , or Hazel can do better than some smart phones , I can put the wi fi on and still run 3 applications on the same time , such as SNAPTU , eBuddy and Virtual radio and the phone will never crash
7- the structure of the phones are rigid and can endure for at least 3 years and more
8- sony ericsson has so many nice accessories that are nice and easy to use , specially there external stereo speakers and blue tooth based accessories.
[deleted post]Thanks, we already have it, and 've been discussing about it...
And where've you been all this long?
Anonymous, 20 Jan 2011The screen is less than 4 in, at least 3.7 inches by comparing it with galaxy s display. It's ... moreYeah, the screen on Vivaz 2 performed much worse than the screen on Arc but it should be kept in mind that this phone is still many days away from being officially announced & much more away from being released.
I think that the screen's performance is not upto mark due to a completely pre release version.
Mobilemaster, 20 Jan 2011Hi! That is an Xperia device, with 8 MP camera. It looks nice! I think that it has a 3.5 inch... moreThe screen is less than 4 in, at least 3.7 inches by comparing it with galaxy s display. It's said that it uses BRAVIA engine just like Arc, but this one is seems having inferior display performance next to super amoled, in my opinion arc's screen performed much better than the so called vivaz 2
Pavel, 20 Jan 2011Hey GUYS!!!!))) VIVAZ 2 !!!!))))Intersting!)
That is an Xperia device, with 8 MP camera. It looks nice! I think that it has a 3.5 inch screen.
SE should put a proper Gorilla Glass on the front. The 'scratch-resistant' surface on the X10 was, excuse the pun, NOT up to scratch. My X10 has like a thousand scratches - just from putting it in my pocket!
SE also need to know that many makers (including Samsung) wait until they (SE) have released the specs on their up-coming models before they release their "better-spec'ed" ones meant to eclipse the SE ones. In this respect, SE need to 'bump up' the specs on this phone at the time of commercial launch. They could:
1. Increase RAM to 1 GB.
2. Throw in a gyro sensor.
3. Throw in 16 GB internal memory.
4. Throw in DivX and XviD codecs.
5. Do a proper job on audio - straight from the phone's speakers!
6. Go for Full HD (1080p) on the video.
7. Place a front-facing camera (I know, people hardly use this feature ... but it's just good to have it anyway!).
Now, the competition will be caught completely unaware and SE can regain a lot of its lost lustre!
Anonymous, 20 Jan 2011Now I'm confuse what to buy next, Arc or "Vivaz 2".omg there is future phone called vivaz 2? Right now im really looking forward to arc