Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.5
7.2
7.1

> In reply to rooney @ 2012-07-17 16:34 from Kg%c - click to readnice screen, fast scrolling, great sound. do not listen to negative comments

• 2012-07-18 03:34
  • v0qx

Can i upgrade it to Jelly Bean?

• 2012-07-18 03:26
  • tEe4

> In reply to rooney @ 2012-07-17 16:34 from Kg%c - click to readi've been using xperia arc s since july 15, 2012 and so far i find it as worthy to buy,,,very smooth, nice camera, stylish, .the only issue is the battery but if your not using a lot of the applications it will last long...

• 2012-07-18 02:51
  • 7XbI

can i play 720p hd videos on this phone..plz rply me..

• 2012-07-17 21:44
  • t1$A

No ics update yet for orange spain arc s . Its so sad

• 2012-07-17 20:45
  • MVwV

That kind of smart fhone is always like to use by a smart person's,if you have then grab it as soon as posiible ????

• 2012-07-17 20:25
  • tUdx

I get an error called "Package File Invalid" when I download any apps from Google Play, but apps smaller than 1mb can be downloaded easily..... Any clues?

• 2012-07-17 18:35
  • P@TZ

> In reply to shazan @ 2012-07-16 14:47 from K6m7 - click to readIn Bangladesh its now around Tk. 290000 ... but i wouldnt buy arc s if i were u .. i would go for the newer devices

• 2012-07-17 17:59
  • uNVC

Thank you Vinay for replied my question.,How about Xperia ray?,cause i can't afford Xperia S,i liked also Xperia ray it's affordable price.pls. answer as soon as possible,thank'x

• 2012-07-17 17:25
  • LbuF

> In reply to unchained_c7 @ 2012-07-14 00:53 from v0qx - click to readoi help me out nmn worth buying b tlga se xperia arc s? 22o b un mga negative comments? Im planning 2 buy dis fon at d end of dis month sna share nyo nmn xperiences nyo regarding dis fone, tnx a lot.

• 2012-07-17 16:34
  • Kg%c

> In reply to Morshed @ 2012-07-17 13:58 from vQ1x - click to read@ Morshed, thanks bro! Thats enough for me! I m gonna buy this & let u know...

• 2012-07-17 14:57
  • uNVK

Hello
I've transfered phone numbers ans smses from my old Samsung to PC, so now I am interested is there any way I could to transfer all numbers and sms to this phone.
Thank you very much in advance.

• 2012-07-17 14:29
  • d@bg

> In reply to NiQ @ 2012-07-17 10:58 from uNVL - click to readb4 buying this phone, I researched a lot, but found no other phone is as good as this one at this price range. And I was right, I'm satisfied.

• 2012-07-17 13:58
  • vQ1x

> In reply to shazan @ 2012-07-16 14:47 from K6m7 - click to readbdt-24,000 tk only

• 2012-07-17 13:37
  • K6mb

can i update my arc s on ics and will she work good without bugs?thx

• 2012-07-17 12:02
  • 0V%A

> In reply to Morshed @ 2012-07-17 10:16 from vQ1x - click to read@ Morshed,
Sorry for disturbing u again. Bro, i m gonna buy this arc S or any mobile next week...
My budget is 25K. Still now i m addicted to arc s. Can u tell me any better option within this price. HTC or Motorola would b better but no Samsung. Thanks in Advance.

• 2012-07-17 10:58
  • uNVL

> In reply to [deleted post]That's the price of Sony Xperia S, not Arc S. They r different.

• 2012-07-17 10:16
  • vQ1x

My Arc S is about a week old, and now I can tell some goods and bads in my opinion.

Cons:

1. Lack of touch sensitive Back/Home/Menu buttons. I used to use HTC Wildfire and it has those touch sensitive buttons with a optical sensor, which are very comfortable to use. It's kind of annoying to press a hard "back" button with a touch screen like this. Also, this sort of buttons may not be longer lasting.

2. No front facing camera. This is the only thing "missing" in this phone set. Otherwise, it'd have a complete set of options that a modern phone posses now a days.

3. Battery backup and heat generation. Though this backup time is normal for a smartphone, but I think this could be improved with a better background task manager.

4. Chrome finish. Chrome looks beautiful, but they r very scratch prone and may peel off. I think designers could use alternative materials to avoid this.

5. Packaging materials. Poor packaging style and materials in compare to HTC and iPhone.

Pros:

1. Awesome look (I bought and love the white one). Dark black display in contrast with white body, a very few phone set looks this much beautiful. I love to stare on it.

2. Price. I think you can't get any set better than this, in this price range. I'm very very happy with it, and very satisfied. Worth buying it. Way far better than iPhone 3GS.

3. Camera. Picture quality is awesome. Also, it has face and smile detection system just like a digital camera, and works smoothly and flawlessly.

4. Sound. I've two iPods, and never thought any other mp3 player can have better sound quality than these. I've installed JetAudio (paid app) in my Arc S, and astonished to hear the sound. So nice.... I think credit goes for "Jet Audio" app here. I tried other audio player apps, and found not impressive sound.

5. Live wallpaper. Live wallpapers run smoothly. I've installed koi fish live wallpaper (free), which is awesome.

6. Android Ice-cream Sandwich support. Runs very smooth, but u've to perform a factory reset after update to ICS. Otherwise it may run laggy. If you still using Ginger bread, I think you're wasting your time, just update and enjoy.

• 2012-07-17 10:11

> In reply to shazan @ 2012-07-16 14:47 from K6m7 - click to readBDT 24,800/-

• 2012-07-17 09:20
  • vQ1x

> In reply to mikaela @ 2012-07-17 02:14 from P$9} - click to readDownload & install Sony PC Companion in ur PC, then you'll see the update with it.

• 2012-07-17 09:17
  • vQ1x
Total of 5808 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.