Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.6
7.1
7.1

> In reply to jhunry @ 2012-07-16 19:41 from LbuF - click to readyou can make video call with back cam only.......u should sit in front of of a mirror so other can see u

• 2012-07-18 10:53
  • ut%D

> In reply to jahid312 @ 2012-07-18 03:26 from tEe4 - click to readNo, you can't upgrade to Jellybean.

• 2012-07-18 09:41
  • vQ1x

> In reply to Sam @ 2012-07-18 04:21 from PxC2 - click to readIn Arc S, you can take out the battery. But this isn't the case for Xperia S, P, Sola etc. Like iPhone, battery is NOT user replaceable for those sets. That's a huge drawback.

• 2012-07-18 09:39
  • vQ1x

> In reply to rooney @ 2012-07-17 16:34 from Kg%c - click to readPosting rules state that you should use English, though I understand Filipino you're not even writing properly, please understand that if you want to get a reply, people should understand what you wrote.

I've been using SE Xperia Arc S for 5 months and I find it slow for what I use it for other than calling and texting (reading, watching videos, games), otherwise I think it's a decent phone. Recently though, after 4 months of usage I found hairline cracks on the top casing and I've searched online and it's quite a common problem with the Xperia Arc models.

• 2012-07-18 08:49
  • vpdZ

Why these high end Xperia phones does not have secondary cameras? Isn't it important to have secondary cameras? I am confused. Is there any other way to compensate not having secondary cameras in these phones? I need to buy this but not having the 2ry camera makes me unconfortable... Can any one advice me on this? Many Thanks... Sachith

• 2012-07-18 08:46
  • PSWr

> In reply to rooney @ 2012-07-17 16:34 from Kg%c - click to readMy friend bought this in singapore just for 16k INR

• 2012-07-18 08:28
  • vGk6

@sam thanks for d info.. i really appreciate ur post.. now i decided to buy arc s rather than xperia P because it is more cheaper but they also have the same useful functions...

• 2012-07-18 07:53
  • sxr5

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can use my phone as a modem? My objective it to browse the net from my laptop while using my phone as a modem.

I have just shifted from Blackberry and is new to Android.

Thanks!!

• 2012-07-18 07:46
  • vGQR

Hi,

I have just shifted from Blackberry and is new to Android.

Thanks!!

• 2012-07-18 07:44
  • vGQR

if you have the money then go for xperia p or s. if not settle for arc s. believe me you'll get your money's worth. it's a great smartphone :-)

• 2012-07-18 07:38
  • v0qx

• 2012-07-18 07:28
  • v0qx

How about the price of this unit in the Phillipines?

• 2012-07-18 07:27
  • vpH2

> In reply to prakash.gupta @ 2012-07-18 05:52 from ut2a - click to readWell prakash, you'll definitely have problems playing some HD games but not all of them. I cannot post the games' names because it can be considered advertising. The main reason some HD games won't run is, as you said, due to the low RAM this phone has. If you stick to Android Gingerbread and get rid of the bloatware (and don't keep too many app running in the background) you may succeed at playing HD games but your phone will catch some heat (that's common in the Arc S because of the 1.4Ghz processor and the Adreno 205 combo). Anyway, I encourage you to stay away from Android ICS as it has some problems with HD Games (for what I read, it's Google's fault, not Sony's)- Hope I helped you.

• 2012-07-18 07:26
  • RHY{

Its very nice beautiful phone, i bought it 2 days before, my friend help me to upgrade android new version 4.0.4 via pc, is it known as ice cream sandwich version ??? Please reply me ...

• 2012-07-18 06:37
  • Mfxe

> In reply to NiQ @ 2012-07-17 10:58 from uNVL - click to readbuddy i am gonna just buy it today! finalized it.. samsung doesnt offer such features in this price range, neither do nokia..

• 2012-07-18 06:29
  • uRAy

> In reply to Morshed @ 2012-07-17 13:58 from vQ1x - click to readYes exactly, i agree with u, it definitely competes with the other phones and no other phone has the same features as Xperia Arc has in this price range

• 2012-07-18 06:25
  • uRAy

hello guys..
and
can i play hd games in arc s? i heard internal memory could be a problem ?

• 2012-07-18 05:52
  • ut2a

hello guys.. im planning to buy this phone thru ebay.in, thats without warranty ,is this safe ?
and
can i play hd games in arc s? i heard internal memory could be a problem ?

• 2012-07-18 05:50

hello guys..
and
can i play hd games in arc s? i heard internal memory could be a problem ? any other mobile at this price range?

• 2012-07-18 05:48
  • ut2a

> In reply to SS @ 2012-07-17 09:08 from tT}s - click to readHere's the comparison between Xperia P and Arc S:
1)Xpria P has more internal storage 16 GB vs 1 GB.
2)Xperia P shoots higher resolution videos 1080p 30fps vs 720p 30fps.
3)Arc S has 40% powerful processor 1,4 GHz vs 1,0 GHz.
4)Arc S has a decent battery than P,50% more talk time,More than 10% higher capacity battery, 1 500 mAh vs 1 305 mAh.
5)Xperia P has a better screen display than Arc S,275 PPI vs 233 PPI,30% higher resolution screen, 540x960 vs 854x480.
6)The Arc S has a memory card slot,while P doesn't.
7)The Xperia P has a lot of internal storage 16 GB vs 1 GB.
8)The Xperia P has 2 cores while the Arc S has 1.
9)The Xperia P has a lot of RAM for running apps,1024 MB vs 512 MB.
10)The Arc S has a large screen, but the Xperia P's is only average size.

Hope this helps in choosing the right phone.

• 2012-07-18 04:21
  • PxC2
Total of 5829 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.