Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.7
7.3
7.2

Many of you are blaming the device for battery drain. But the device is well capable, it's Android OS which is taking out most of the juice.

Hopefully the developer will work on it. Till then if you want to get a better battery life, you may try this.

1. Root your ARC s. *** (Do this only if you are confident enough about root option.)

I have rooted recently my ARC S. And by doing so i have deleted many unwanted apps (kept backup also) like Golf HD, Facebook extensions, Chinese/Japanese keyboards and many other apps. This enables more RAM space and the device performs much faster now and the battery life also increased a lot.

I think the true power of android unleash only if you get the admin access, right? Otherwise using a stock Android OS is just like any other stock OS Symbian, or Bada.

BTW you can easily UNROOT the device as well after Rooting, if you want to. The process is well explained in XDA.developer forum.

• 2011-11-26 03:46
  • u7YK

i have this phone for about two weeks now.. i love it!! its faster and the screen is brighter too.. when it comes to battery it last only in 2days normal used..

• 2011-11-25 22:56
  • mTWX

i bought it today , its the normal android , but the quality is terrible its the worst plastic phone till now , the dust stuck evrywhere betwen the screan and the plastic, there is a space betwen all pieces and make terrible plastic voice, shame on u sony ericsson

• 2011-11-25 21:06
  • Sb68

> In reply to Auni @ 2011-11-23 06:35 from u7YK - click to readDoes it has to be the first time charge???? or anytime u want?

• 2011-11-25 17:04
  • ITj6

> In reply to hugh @ 2011-11-24 15:17 from Y}xr - click to readDoes 3G means video call? Pls read the manual once again...

• 2011-11-25 16:58
  • txjn

> In reply to Davie Ness @ 2011-11-24 17:16 from Tr8a - click to readCan you tell me about the battery??? And wat about the HDMI port???

• 2011-11-25 16:17
  • ITj6

well, i think battery life is common problem in smart phone, not only android also blackberry and i phone, there are so many way to make battery effisien

• 2011-11-25 15:47
  • KiVQ

> In reply to 3akr @ 2011-11-24 21:04 from Ia9% - click to readBattery life sucks is Android's trademark!

• 2011-11-25 09:22
  • Kx9i

i have problem with the battery life...can anyone hellp me?...thanks

• 2011-11-24 21:04
  • Ia9%

> In reply to Davie Ness @ 2011-11-24 17:16 from Tr8a - click to readGood to get a review from a real user..@tushar too good review.

Its a shame s/e have missed out front facing cam i use that a bit..Come on s/e or now Sont lets you get you back up the ladder..Being Japanese has fantastic electronics expertise.

• 2011-11-24 20:28
  • nGp2

I want to know in this mobile can use Viop Call..plss

• 2011-11-24 17:56
  • JFxK

My Arc S and I.

At the beginning of this year, I received an Xperia Arc from Sony Ericsson; I was using the iphone 4, and fancied the change up. I loved the idea of a bravia powered 4.2” screen, and android! I began to fall in love a bit more every day.

So when Sony told me they were going to give me an Arc S it goes without saying that Christmas had come early…the major improvement here is the increased speed in the processor, packing 1.4 GHz but this doesn’t mean that the phone is only faster, no no.

My handset does respond faster, but it is also a lot more stable than my previous arc, hardly any crashes, no software glitches, I have not had one problem with it in the 2 months i've had it. The camera software has been updated so now I can snap away and be taking pictures in rapid succession.

Now I still have mostly the same benefits with this model as with the last, namely the 4.2” Reality display powered by a Bravia Engine. Making anything I watch on it (vids/pics/youtube) all the more clearer.

And with apps like Moon+ reader and Cool Reader, i've transplanted my E-Book Collection, and now have over 2000 books with me, and it only weights 117gs!

I can’t wait for the next gen phones, but until then my Arc S does everything I need and a whole lot more.

• 2011-11-24 17:16
  • Tr8a

genious made. No front camera!!!
Most suitable for 3G!!:-P

• 2011-11-24 15:17
  • Y}xr

• 2011-11-24 11:26
  • U218

Its aweful to see that Arc has been upgraded only in terms of processor..Why didnt they add a front camera to it?? Moreover i find it costly in comparison to other handsets of same segments.

• 2011-11-24 10:25
  • QDZG

Sony please dualcore processors!!!!!!!!!

• 2011-11-24 01:21
  • PHwx

I have been using the Arc since the device came out and comparing this handset to the prior one, there are massive improvements to the processor, as well as the improvements that come with the updated version of the software. The camera lens (Exmor R) on the handset is brilliant and I would say that in the UK market on a mobile phone there is no device that comes close to this one for picture quality, when you throw in the Moblie Bravia engine the features just get better and better. The only thing that I feel that lets the handset down is the lack of a forward facing camera, but if there had been one, the device wouldn't have been as thin. But overall this is a brilliant handset that doesn't get the praise that it is warranted for innovative ideas.

• 2011-11-24 01:08
  • nIqR

dr nic...the new arc s has a new housing and hence doesnt suffer from the original arc cracking problem..also, all the original arcs will eventually crack at the sensor...

• 2011-11-24 00:04
  • kMiP

pretty cool .all of this product is cool and i will bye it soon,

• 2011-11-23 19:19
  • nsDM

> In reply to Shail @ 2011-11-23 10:25 from t7jd - click to readYou know every handset have some shortcomings. That's the manufacture decision. We can't deny it.

Like my brother has a Samsung Note. Brilliant handset, with amazing features and battery life. But the Samsung UI crashes often, which is annoying.

320 MB user memory should be good if you do not install more than 30-50 Apps. and almost 80% of the total apps can be easily transferred to the SD card. Ask yourself do you really lots of apps within the phone. We barely use them.

• 2011-11-23 12:09
  • u7YK
Total of 5921 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.