Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.3
7.4
7.3

You can update your unit via root. Mine is running on kitkat and it is running well. The ram is ok because you can costumize your running app on backgrounds and minimize it when on standby.

• 2014-09-09 12:00
  • vaN%

how to upgrade to kitkat? already use for 3++ years..can we upgrade the RAM? or internal memory?

• 2014-09-08 10:29
  • 25JW

Mine just broke about a week ago. Was only just over 2 years old. Some advice to anyone, do not take the battery out quickly after turning the phone off, always wait for the vibrate to end . Usually I did, but this time I didnt and phone hasnt worked since. Tried other batteries and a repair is too costly.

• 2014-09-07 09:24
  • BwZU

I am using this phone for about 3 years now and all I can say is that the phone is really good. The smallest android phone that ever lived. The camera is excellent, I'm using android kitkat and it is running smooth.

• 2014-09-06 16:49
  • Kg{i

Custom ROMs work really well on this phone. You can get jelly bean and it flies! Tweak it a little, trim a bit of the Google apps and CM fat, and you've got a super usefull, sweet little QWERTY android phone!

• 2014-08-27 03:04
  • vFqQ

> In reply to neha @ 2014-08-26 16:02 from rKTp - click to readPhotos not loading, messages screwing up all that kind of thing are software issues and not related to the handset. Try searching for solutions within your version of android rather than this particular handset.
If that don't work Reinstall Android, or root and install custom ROM

• 2014-08-27 03:02
  • vFqQ

Xperia min pro is a awesome phone.....but since 1month m facing a problem with it all my pics and recently downloaded songs get deleted automatically....first I thought some memory problem but I uninstalled all app and useless stuff...but still facing the same problem it has happened atleast 5 times.can I get any advise why is this happening.other than this problem this is the best phone I ever had....

• 2014-08-26 16:02
  • rKTp

> In reply to mrityunjoy @ 2014-06-21 06:01 from Xu7a - click to readUpgrade to Jellyben 4.0 Recommended not to upgrade as it has many bugs like wifi wont work, Led notification wont work for social networks.

• 2014-08-25 08:53
  • 2ZH7

I've been using this since when I was highschool in 2012 and still works properly until now. I liked to do some things like using custom rom and flashing, until I bricked this phone once and I bring it to Sony center. I was worried and I'm scared that I can't use this phone anymore. After 1 month, Sony repaired it and thank God this phone still working so smooth, even I lost the home button. Lol.

• 2014-08-05 12:49
  • P@9S

> In reply to Kat @ 2014-07-28 13:42 from vxSb - click to readi bougt it 2nd hand with Transcend microsdhc 16GB Class 6, then i change to Sandisk android microsdhc 16GB (red&grey)-had alot troble ,so i changed back to Transcend an works perfectly even card is almost full...GREAT DEVICE-LOVE ITS SIZE...unfortunately now broke down-unable to swith on, when i put in charger it only repeatedly shows "sony ericsson" which slowly disappear, i tried hardware buttons reset - power+volume up - didnt help - any suggestion??...i gonna buy another 2nd hand....IT HAS VERY LOW SAR

• 2014-08-03 11:52
  • nvUx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-13 07:39 from HFib - click to readWell I have this phone since the begging 2011,and it still works perfectly. I dropped this phone so many times ,(sometimes really bad )and the only thing that was happening to the phone when I was dropping it again and again, it was asking to restat it because it didn't recognize the SIM, so people absolutely buy Sony products :)

• 2014-07-30 21:51
  • m1T3

I am using this phone for 3 yrs..bought on 2011......its working well..no problems at all... limitations are its low phone memory of only 400 MB and 512 MB RAM..hence while playing some games phone becomes slow...but it has awesome video quality and sound quality...can record HD videos and supported all kinds of HD videos..its one of the best ,fast qwerty display smart phone..it also supports 32 GB memory card .I am using sandisk 32 GB card...another one is its awesome quality 5 MP Camera..and 1 Ghz processor..

• 2014-07-29 19:17
  • uwM7

Owned this one for about 2 years now. Still works absolutely fine although slow since I updated the OS to v4.0. Recently I tried upgrading the SD card to a 32GB Samsung SDHC Class 10 as I had a regular SanDisk 8GB slotted in the phone. However after I made the transfer, the phone had trouble loading the files (eg. music, images) and they wouldn't appear at all or would tell me that the SD card was not available or unmounted. The apps that I moved to the SD card wouldn't load properly as well. I've since transferred back to using the 8GB SanDisk. I'm not sure why it couldn't load properly. Maybe the SD card type was too high class, powerful or large for the phone? I might try a 16GB when I get my hands on one.

• 2014-07-28 13:42
  • vxSb

> In reply to Sandra @ 2014-07-03 23:23 from dWti - click to readRoot your phone and uninstall unwanted apps on your system..

• 2014-07-10 06:47
  • KgZB

• 2014-07-10 06:37
  • KgZB

> In reply to Sandra @ 2014-07-03 23:23 from dWti - click to readTo root your phone use "eroot" software. you can get this from 4shared.com simply install it in your Computer and click on -root after it detects you mobile. But first PC companion must be installed in ur Computer. You can also unroot it by clicking again on "root". After rooting, you can install "Roehsoft Ram expander" to expand your ram. Better use a class10 memory card slot

• 2014-07-05 08:15
  • uNVD

> In reply to Sandeep Goud @ 2014-06-12 06:17 from uw2Z - click to readHow did you root the phone?

I have this phone as well and I'm in love with it, but it's getting super slow + the internal memory is too small to install all my favorite apps. Do you have any tips/tricks or a website you can refer to?

I'd love to keep using this phone if possible.

• 2014-07-03 23:23
  • dWti

I bought my wife an iPhone 5C to replace one of these so I could have hers to replace the DesireZ I got wet on my mountain bike.

She now wants the MiniPro back because she can't do without the excellent keyboard. I'm gutted...

• 2014-07-02 14:08
  • MM8D

> In reply to mrityunjoy @ 2014-06-21 06:01 from Xu7a - click to readBeen owning this phone for a year and upgraded it to Icecream sandwhich.
Some people claim it gets slower with the newest updates, and sometimes it does.
What I dont like is the 512 RAM part but I really dont use much apps and I have it mostly for SMS/calls and some Facebook.
The screen can appear a little small, but that's what you get with such small phone.
I absolutely love the physical home button, it's been saving my time to quit apps a lot.

Absolutely worth it and the best qwerty from Sony in my opinion.
If you have a chance to get it, do it.

• 2014-07-02 07:05
  • mTMs
Total of 5995 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro.