my frd useing this phone but he is avilbile in front camera for video chating ya.plz help me
hello S.E lovers , im going to buy this phone soon as posible so plz tell me (pepole who using this phone) can i config IP adress manually to the Wi-Fi setting on the phone? buz my office Wi-Fi connection is not allow to acces any device wihout having thire IP adress range. if i can modify the ip adress on this phone it will suit for me. thans guys.. plz reply me S.E is best of the best...
nb, 13 Oct 2011does this phone support video call on front vga camera on 3G..... or does it support only skyp... morehi as for now skype is still in developmental stages so not many phones are supported at the moment version of skype is 2.5 go see their website for more info 3g video call should work coz its gingerbread..i have never tried though :D
I think this phone is too tight. it is a great phone only hoping to lay my hands in it soon.
hope it will be available in my country. Nigeria?
i am in love with this phone. i can't hide my feelings!!!
jd21, 14 Oct 2011@jerry nice and helpful review, thanq. may i know from which country u are and where u b... moreAnd one more thing...The call quality is not as great. Having used a Nokia before, the call quality is definitely not a USP for the Mini Pro. Guess I can live with that...
Hi all, I have this mobile since Monday, so I can give you my review. My previous phone is a Samsung Omnia 2, so I will also do like a comparisson. My version is 11W35
What is worse than I thought:
- The eletrostatic noite, as people complain a lot, is quite noticeable. It's like someone popping bubbles from 1 sec. intervals.
- The back cover is the worse I've seen in any mobile phone EVER. It's almost impossible to remove it without nails, it's very hard, and when you put it back, it's almost impossible to fit one of the sides. I really hate that, and I could say is the worst in this mobile.
- The hardware buttons are pretty bad and not intuituive. The lateral buttons to the volume are too small, and the top button also. When the phone is in your pocket you simply can't find the right buttons.
- The mobile is pretty heavy, but that's not very bad. The worse is the thickness. It's quite thick.
Not as bad as i thought:
-Photos are not as bad as people say, but at least are definitely worse than Omnia 2. The video is quite good and sharp, I liked it.
-The battery is not as bad as people say also. It has little capacity, but it is normal for an android phone. You can survive a day with it, so no problem.
Better than i thought:
- The capacitive screen is great. I was used to a resistive one, so I'm in love with the touch. Great feedback;
- The screen is very bright and vivid. My Omnia 2 is 800*480 4.8 with 252 ppi density and this one is only 192 ppi with small resolution, but trust me, it is quite nitid, vivid, bright and appealing. This was my worse fear, but totally blew me that it is so nice. I don't know if it is related to the bravia engine, but i have to say, it's a great screen.
- The 3" screen: I was also worried about the size of the screen for internet browsing and such. But I have to say the for the size of the phone, this screen LOOKS BIG. I do web browsing and emulte games quite well, so the 3" is a very nice and I don't need more than this.
- I've never seen a mobile phone so fluid... My Omnia 2 took about 1-2 seconds to react when I onpen menus, change volume or open the task manager, but Mini Pro is just 0-lag. You can expect the best interface possible.
- Audio quality with the xLOUD is really impressive.
I would recommend this mobile, considering the good price and the almost perfect UI, with speed, usability, intuitivity and prompness.
nice and helpful review, thanq.
may i know from which country u are and where u bought the mobile?.
could u plz, tell me the manufacturer month and year for both the battery and phone, that can be seen in the back of the phone under battery.
and about electrostatic noise issue, some users reported that noise got start after one week or so after using the mobile. plz, check that also.
does this phone support video call on front vga camera on 3G..... or does it support only skype..... can someone provide more details on video call feature... pls. rgds
so does this device supports cyanogenmod?.. i have read rumors that new and old xperia line now supports it...
can anyone confirm this?.. tnx... :)
Finally, after all the questions and research, the Xperia Mini Pro sits in my hands now. Have used it to for the past 2 days and here is my review.
1. Since battery Life is a much talked about issue, i will start with it.
Since these were my first two days, my internet was always on, Gmail forever on the sync and the Android market delivering an app almost every hour.
Music - About 20 mins
Games - 15 Mins
Browsing - 2-2.5 Hour
Talktime - 1 Hour
Brightness - Minimum
My Battery came down to 10 % after 12 hours! I think that's pretty impressive. At least better than my previous HTC.
The battery cuold have been better but considering the other pros of this little wonder, I wouldn't mind carrying a spare battery in case Id ecide to stay out for a little longer.
Battery - 7/10
2. Performance: Truly a pleasure!! Way better than my office PC. The touch is very impressive and every click and touch is very responsive. Apps open without any lag and with those eye candy animations, I would do anything but complain
Performance - 9/10
3. Aesthetics : Some might feel it looks a bit feminine. But the bulky, rugged look makes it anything but that. The phone looks pretty decent. But could have been a less bulkier.
Aesthetics - 8/10
4. Media - No complaints on this front. Just did a video call with my fiance over a 2G network!! Though she got break dance images of mine, the overall call quality was good. 3G or wi-fi would surely make it better
5. Value for money - 9/10
Just feel Samsung give more value for money in terms of technology but nothing matches Sony's quest for enhanced user experience.
OVERALL - 9/10
The slider is great. I could not make out any electrostatic noise. No hangings. Android 2.3 has better power management.
Now for the cons:
1. The power chord could have been longer
2. Front cam could have had better resolution
3. The volume buttons and the camera snapper are too deeply dug into the sides. A bit uncomfortable using them.
4. Onscreen keyboard is anything but comfortable. Don't know how xperia mini users are managing
5. The keyboard is good except fot the top row of buttons which are too close to the bottom of the upper slider. You tend to keep banging against it. You know what I mean.
6. Some uninstallable bloatware. not a problem though but frustrating indeed.
All in all a great phone with great power and very much affordable.
My opinion - Definitely a good buy!
itz and awsome 4ne , very easy 2 handle .. btw does any 1 know a site 2 download apps or themes for it ...!!! olz reply :D
i was so excited about this phone, great features considerable price ... But the truth is that seeing it in the store was disappointing. I simply dont like the feel, got my hands on the black one, the old xperia mini pro feels much more solid ..Dont know why but also white one leaves better impression, but i guess will get dirty fast.. i also got disturbed by flashy silvery details ..
., 10 Oct 2011You can connect the phone to your tv using usb or Wi-Fi/ DLNA connection pls could u upload video on youtube for connecting sk17i to tv
CORNCOB, 12 Oct 2011My review: i previously had a Xperia x10 mini pro. i was kind of sad for the buyers of x10, 30... morehey brp plsssssssssssssssssss post a link th the hd games i'll be appreciating u alot plssssssssss
dan, 12 Oct 2011hi. does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound? becasue in camera-settings-soun... morethere are 4 options for the shutter there not three...
those options are sound1, sound2, sound3, and off...
BTW, just bought this phone, 11w36... only experienced just one of the said problems on this comments, the battery life... :) but still a good phone... superb sound!...
FYI, it's only P12,650 on SM SE and P10,300 on tsong san (baguio)... kinda cheap for great specs... (no, i didn't bought the x10 mini pro)... :)
I bought my mini pro almost a month ago.. I think the battery life is not enough for it's features.. especially when ur playing games. I observed that my phone after I fully charged it, it drops quicker than my x10 which is 1 year old already.. what can i do with this? I tried to report the said problem to the seller, they've just replaced its battery with a new one.. but still same result.. QUICK BATTERY SPAN/LIFE..:(
hi. does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound? becasue in camera-settings-sound has only 3 sounds to choose from, but no silent option. and it makes a loud sound even when the phone is in silet mode. thanks.