hey, I want to ask about the internet speed using wifi in this phone. I read that it is much slower than others in its class ?? Is this true?
pink105, 14 Feb 2012well i pickd it up fr 120 bugs in my city..d silicon case..greyish in colorwhre do u live??
i hd bought neo v after reading reviews here but later on
i exchanged my neo v with my uncle's 701 when i noticed good imaging and awsome viideo recording with good btry bkup..and yes the display scrreen is way way better and clear but sound is less may be perhaps it gives good base that has always been missing on sony as i have been fan of soony. Now i rate trebble prone sony sound below 701.
I wont be coming back here to post again i would update nokia. But one thing clear that i am not going to wait for symbian to die as i would be buying another phone( n 10 rumoured) with windows os as i have not tasted it on phone but only after july.
varun, 13 Feb 2012Same problem.. Guys I want to know where can i get good cases/covers preferrably case mate type..Hi friend, Buy some gud case cover to protect scratch in your phone and dont use softy case or any plastic case. Behind ur phone, it will spoil back cover, i have facing this issue in my phone
DM, 13 Feb 2012Case available on flipkart for 250 inr U trying it?well i pickd it up fr 120 bugs in my city..d silicon case..greyish in color
varun, 14 Feb 2012Hi,
With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in... more1. I know everything about symbian. Belle being the latest of them all. But still it cant compare even to gingerbread. And ICS is coming to Neo soon.
2. Resolution isn't a 'little' lower......its way......lower. 2/3 of neo. Choosing neo was mainly because of the screen.
3. No. If you are talking about smartmovie and ucplayer then better get your knowledge checked. They don't have hardware acceleration nor all media support. And iF you are talking of Core player......then LOL......
4. What??????? Who told you that??? If Broadcom BCM27xx is 2x faster than adreno 205 then it will even beat Galaxy s2....hahaha...
No. Not 2x faster but almost same. Earlier I made a mistake comparing 205 with bcm2727 which was in pre Belle devices. 701 has a little faster gpu (maybe 2x than 2727).
5. Gorilla glass is a plus...agreed. White Neo V isn't a fingerprint magnet. OTG is a plus but practically useless as I have to format the pen drive to fat32. Yet....good tech....I agree.
Yes....my cousin has it. After using it I felt good that symbian is gonna die being perfect. But that same reason, less apps, less resolution, etc made me choose Neo V. Whats the use of a gpu if no ones gonna make games for it...
Ok. Thats it......
varun, 14 Feb 2012Hi,
With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in... more##addition##
dont compare screen technology CBD and IPS-blah blah... every company wants their product to have some distinct features than others... atleast resolution can be compared :)
atleast SE makes visually appealing chassis design compared to some other company... and these days there is nothing more different to make..
oh and gorilla glass.... it doesnt matter abt it... SE has provided scratch resistant glass works pretty much same... otherwise even if u drop ur gorilla glass phone, what good it will be if the internal equipments is damaged ^_^ (just a thought!!)
varun, 14 Feb 2012Hi,
With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in... moreXperia Neo V vs Nokia 701.... hmmm what to make of it..
Symbian is joke right now.... I mean yeah being it the 1st smartphone OS, thanks to them.... but Nokia stubbornness not to change it or not accept android has doomed the company... statistics says all...
another reason y nokia has started selling so many new symbian phones for these rates which could easily be 6-7k more is to sustain in market... no doubt nokia was hardware king but this is desperation (dont believe it... then go back 3-4 years and check the price of N8/E7 then and any equivalent android phone... nokia had priced it high)
next gallery speed is good... its only matter of memory card... buy a class6/10 micro sd card and see the change wrt class2...
camera speed... as in shutter speed... xperia does it well... (i havnt used nokia 701 so i cant comment abt its speed)
about the cables and all.... well sony has been like that always, keeping it priced high than normal... bcoz they give out quality products and the name say all...(ok sometime there may be defects that company replace)...
the point is all about personal taste and current market trend... symbian is dying slow and painfully... android has trampled even iOS in case of sales and i think apps too...
varun, 14 Feb 2012Hi, With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in... morenokia 701 does not use IPS-LCD, only apple ang lg uses that technology, nokia has its own. it uses clear black display. CBD is better than IPS as some tech blogs says.
I am using this phone from last 3 months overall feature is very good. I can rate 4 out of 5.
yesterday i install BIA2 game on my Neo v,the game starts normally,but after starts 1 stage everything is black and my team members looks like a shadow,the name on his head is ok.,when i fires a white patch appears in front of the gun .........so is there any GPU Compatibility issue??before downloading the game, i have check that in market,it shows it can be run on ur device,and most of the time before downloading the SD data files,the game is giving me and error"This game is not compatible for ur device,request a refund".
Can anybody tell me that can i run this game without any issue???
varun, 14 Feb 2012Hi, With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in... morewow, nice and genuine.. hey could u compare their cams too, i know 7.1 is fixed focused but apart from tat.... 701 misses skype too... which would u recommend if i have to buy anyone of these..???
Sbdevilmind, 14 Feb 2012What you are saying is absolutely correct. Nokia is the best in providing the best value for m... moreHi,
With all due respect to the writer - Sbdevilmind, I would like to make a few comments in the light of the facts that I myself own a Xperia Neo V and Nokia 701 both and have been using them for about 4-5 months now.
1) Agreed that Symbian looks like it's mostly dead.
But can't put GPU to good use - Totally Disagree. You are as outdated as Symbian series 60v5. Check the specs after Symbian 3 - it's in the genes of Symbian now.
2) Well, resolution is a little lower than NeoV, but should I say plain LCD is old school and IPS-LCD is what Nokia 701 has? What matters is how does it actually look leaving aside the numbers!
3) Wrong information. Symbian has had a universal player since ages!! I have used it in my old Nokia 5800 as well. Go check out.
4) Regarding the GPU. This is the most absurd statement in your whole post. Nokia 701s GPU is atleast twice the power of Adreno 205. Adreno 205 is old school!! It was launched in Q4 - 2009 according to the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...em_on_chip).
Now for the advantages of Nokia 701:-
1) Gorilla glass display
2) Metallic device and not cheap plastic finger print magnet
3) USB OTG Host support - you can connect a pendrive with a Rs.150 cable and not a Rs.2000 device like in Neo V.
4) If any of your friend has it check out the following features:-
a) Gallery Speed
b) Camera Speed
It will blow your mind and clear all doubts regarding which device is faster and the GPU put to good use!
5) FM Transmitter
This was a post only to tell facts about the Nokia 701. Since I bought Xperia Neo V, it's not that I made a mistake. If someone requires I can mention all the advantages and reason for me to buy Neo V too.
jay, 13 Feb 2012im planning to buy this phone.,what is the speed in 2g?its has no 3g in our town. What about b... more2G speed does not depend on mobile hardware... instead it's all the telecom operator what it can provide... I m using Tata Docomo EDGE at 22-28 kbps down speed... 3G not activated coz it's way expensive than 2G and other thing is edge gets the job done well enough....
if u only do online chatting whole day then the battery will survive about 28 hrs in 2g.... my internet is always on :)
awaara, 13 Feb 2012except bigger display and android os 701 is way ahead and i am telling this on my hands on bo... moreWhat you are saying is absolutely correct. Nokia is the best in providing the best value for money. Nokia 701 is selling like hot cakes too. I too could have gone for it but below are the reasons why I didn't.
1. The OS: Symbian is dead. It's completely obsolete against android. Symbian lacks the customizable ability of android. Can't put gpu to good use in the UI. And it has almost no developer support.
2. Screen resolution: 640x360 is totally old school now. Web browsing is not fully enjoyable in it. Neither is watching photos and videos.
3. Application support: Now this is a MAJOR issue. Symbian is supposed to be killed by 2016. But recently it was decided that the day might be much sooner. Say.....2013. Nokia already has given up symbian to a different software company for support. All these contribute to keeping developers away from symbian.
3. Hardware acceleration: Have you ever wondered WHY no one has made a universal video player for symbian yet? Unless your phone supports it, no other video formats gonna play. Converting videos is old school now. Nokia 701 has enough hardware to play any video format under 720p but just because there is no hardware acceleration under Symbian...... no other video except MP4, AVI, FLV and 3gp gonna play.
So......I decided to go for Neo V. My earlier phone was a symbian s60v5. I know how the screen resolution feels. nHD is not what a 16k phone should offer. If only the hardware of 701 was combined with android, we would have had one amazing device.
But again......the hardware prowess of 701 falls short compared to Neo V's Snapdragon CPU with Adreno 205. 701 gpu is half the power of Adreno 205.
So. 701 is for those who wants a boring device and Neo V is for those who wants their phone to be cool looking, made for gaming and media, and be a full fledged web browsing machine.
p.s: Someone rate this.....XD
I am Xperia Neo V owner from past 3 months, and noticed a small problem with its HD Video. It is giving only 25 FPS !!! I have confirmed it with many Softwares. So the video on TV is jerky. Clarity of details captured is also less. But, Still pictures are of good quality. Overall very dissapointed.