Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.3

guys can you play nba 2k14 good with this even with low settings? to SONY.. PLEASE MAKE XPERIA PLAY 2

• 2014-04-17 14:30
  • w0Q$

Guys if you come to this phone remember its 3 years old i had the normal xperia version of it with the keyboard and it ran perfectley smoothly. And that is not a lie the only problem is that both the play and normal version have cheap paint coating and after a year and a half the backcovers paint started to chip becouse of the numerous accidental drops however the screen remained intact and only cracked after a rage mode on a game which ended up in bending the phone itself untill it cracked and to my recall that was about 40 degrees because of its materials so for a first phone it is extremely durable and three years on it still keeps chuging on a 1ghz single core😃

• 2014-03-03 20:05
  • 3am@

> In reply to MaxSuzy @ 2014-02-20 21:38 from tZjQ - click to readI go with you MaxSuzy! I'll wait for this kind of unit. Will Sony create this type of Cellphone knowing that they separated with Ericsson?

• 2014-02-24 02:03
  • K7ev

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readpsp play is worth for its value as of today. Not that expensive and gives you best quality photos knowing that its only 5MP. Games are downloadable through wifi- connection. Playing music at its best using headphones or even its own speaker. My PSP Play gives me all in one gadget I need for my everyday living.

• 2014-02-24 01:59
  • K7ev

512 mb is anemic and also internal memory is only 400 mb...what a crap kind of a cellphone is this.

• 2014-02-23 18:38
  • R5ur

What if Sony refresh Xperia Play with 5 inch 720p Super AMOLED,Nvidia Tegra K1 SoC,32GB+MicroSDXC slot,8MP Exymor Sensor(as this is gaming device) and the most importantly 4000mAh Li-Po battery it will be a monster in Android gaming comparable to the likes of Nvidia Shield and even the PSVita itself

• 2014-02-20 21:38
  • tZjQ

So, basically if I want to buy a smartphone and also play video games, there aren't many options out there? (In terms of video game handheld/smartphone fusion)

• 2014-02-11 09:20
  • Pc{G

> In reply to Invisible @ 2013-12-22 18:01 from Nvfi - click to readIn your case, Xperia Play! The other is not good for gaming!

• 2014-01-22 11:26
  • vxj8

Regarding the OS, which indeed seems aged, this is still a good choice. Modified and OverClocked to 1800 MHz puts this Phone in Place to beat currently marketed Phones. You will not sense a lag in playing RipTide GP and many other games, while others crash in ICS and Jelly Bean. Others suffer under buggy GPU drivers while this one is simply working. It has stereo speakers and has some hearable bass, which is excellent for its size anyway. I made a mistake buying a CM Flare here in Asia (Adreno 203) and could not enjoy gaming without battery drains, freezes and even reboots. GingerBread is overall more stable than those ICS and JB. I had to go back to my xPeria Play. I look again for a replacement, when the android market survived the Android 4.x generation and the reviews overall tend more to be positive. Actually I see a lot of companies putting ICS and JB - Kitkat, whatsoever on low spec phones without undergoing quality, usability checks. Just to make money.

• 2014-01-22 08:32
  • vxj8

my phone xxperia play r800i network is not working sim card not allowed

• 2014-01-07 01:54
  • 7j}g

sir, my xpiria play mobail set is un forthunatly touch and display
is not working.i have ask the mobail centers and he said this display is not reqired...
sir plz help me..

• 2013-12-31 13:51
  • U{hk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-30 14:36 from mpx3 - click to readA mini-sim IS a regular sim. The smaller ones are micro and nano...

Wikipedia SIM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...ntity_module

• 2013-12-30 23:39
  • tUn6

Got one, it's not a mini sim it's a regular-sized one.

• 2013-12-30 14:36
  • mpx3

Can u guys advice me a very good and reliable smartphone which is less than 11K? Plz help me out.

• 2013-12-24 06:59
  • Nvf4

> In reply to Invisible @ 2013-12-22 18:01 from Nvfi - click to readXperia play far better oh best in every terms of Samsung galaxy s duas guys..... so don't buy luggish and very bad s duas

• 2013-12-23 08:43
  • Xuu4

Thanks a lot guys. wish u all a happy new year.

• 2013-12-23 08:32
  • NvfR

> In reply to Invisible @ 2013-12-22 18:01 from Nvfi - click to readThough XPlay is a great phone and all, I don't reccomend getting it. There are HUGE chances for it to break completely. Galaxy S Duos isn't that great of a phone, but I'm sure it will last you a few years. So DO NOT buy the Xplay because it's unreliable and the OS is old.

• 2013-12-23 08:08
  • 0U0N

I first bought the phone in January 2012, back then it was one of the greatest phones available. Had no problems, gaming was great, couldn't complain about my first smartphone. Still had some minor problems like the camera, which didn't have zoom, the battery, which for a heavy user like me was a bit of an inconvenience, and the small internal memory that caused some lags at time. Still, it was a very good phone for me, because I'm a gamer and I play a lot of games.
I first had a huge problem in Summer 2012, when it broke down and it wouldn't start up. I was lucky though, because a simple Android update solved it.
The phone worked for a while untill April-May this year when the touchscreen stopped working at times. After a few days like this, the touchscreen didn't work at all. After a week or so, the phone broke completely. At a GSM service, they told me the CPU was broken, the phone couldn't be repaired.
My experience with the phone was great while it lasted, shame it has so much problems. Kinda justifies why Sony didn't release an ICS update for it, because they knew the phone isn't reliable at all. If it didn't have all these hardware and software breakdown problems, I wouldn't have problems reccomending it to anyone. Anyway, do not buy this phone, because it is old and unreliable nowadays. I am going to buy a HTC Desire 500 or an LG Optimus F6 as a replacement for this phone

• 2013-12-22 23:11
  • 0U0y

Guys, i need a great help from you. Can u tell me which smartphone is better this model i.e. Xperia Play R800i or Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562? Concerning its running, it upgradation, charging time and durability(Battery lasts for how much?) Plz guys, help me out, i've got to choose one between these 2 and i don't want to regret any of my decision. Hoping for comments, it's really urgent.

• 2013-12-22 18:01
  • Nvfi

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readYes, Aussie it's perfect as stated above, i've been using it for nearly 1 and a half year, it's good and worthwhile. Moreover, you can upgrade it up to ICS, i, myself wanted to ditch this phone but after realising that it had so many functions and features, i've changed my mind. For being a smartphone of year 2011, i got a lot of interesting features such as Camera with 5 MP, front camera and it's a playstation phone. The only setback is its camera doesn't support zooming. Hope that will help you in your decision making.

• 2013-12-22 13:44
  • Nvfm
Total of 2450 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY.