Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

my phone xxperia play r800i network is not working sim card not allowed

• 2014-01-07 01:54
  • 7j}g

sir, my xpiria play mobail set is un forthunatly touch and display
is not working.i have ask the mobail centers and he said this display is not reqired...
sir plz help me..

• 2013-12-31 13:51
  • U{hk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-30 14:36 from mpx3 - click to readA mini-sim IS a regular sim. The smaller ones are micro and nano...

Wikipedia SIM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...ntity_module

• 2013-12-30 23:39
  • tUn6

Got one, it's not a mini sim it's a regular-sized one.

• 2013-12-30 14:36
  • mpx3

Can u guys advice me a very good and reliable smartphone which is less than 11K? Plz help me out.

• 2013-12-24 06:59
  • Nvf4

> In reply to Invisible @ 2013-12-22 18:01 from Nvfi - click to readXperia play far better oh best in every terms of Samsung galaxy s duas guys..... so don't buy luggish and very bad s duas

• 2013-12-23 08:43
  • Xuu4

Thanks a lot guys. wish u all a happy new year.

• 2013-12-23 08:32
  • NvfR

> In reply to Invisible @ 2013-12-22 18:01 from Nvfi - click to readThough XPlay is a great phone and all, I don't reccomend getting it. There are HUGE chances for it to break completely. Galaxy S Duos isn't that great of a phone, but I'm sure it will last you a few years. So DO NOT buy the Xplay because it's unreliable and the OS is old.

• 2013-12-23 08:08
  • 0U0N

I first bought the phone in January 2012, back then it was one of the greatest phones available. Had no problems, gaming was great, couldn't complain about my first smartphone. Still had some minor problems like the camera, which didn't have zoom, the battery, which for a heavy user like me was a bit of an inconvenience, and the small internal memory that caused some lags at time. Still, it was a very good phone for me, because I'm a gamer and I play a lot of games.
I first had a huge problem in Summer 2012, when it broke down and it wouldn't start up. I was lucky though, because a simple Android update solved it.
The phone worked for a while untill April-May this year when the touchscreen stopped working at times. After a few days like this, the touchscreen didn't work at all. After a week or so, the phone broke completely. At a GSM service, they told me the CPU was broken, the phone couldn't be repaired.
My experience with the phone was great while it lasted, shame it has so much problems. Kinda justifies why Sony didn't release an ICS update for it, because they knew the phone isn't reliable at all. If it didn't have all these hardware and software breakdown problems, I wouldn't have problems reccomending it to anyone. Anyway, do not buy this phone, because it is old and unreliable nowadays. I am going to buy a HTC Desire 500 or an LG Optimus F6 as a replacement for this phone

• 2013-12-22 23:11
  • 0U0y

Guys, i need a great help from you. Can u tell me which smartphone is better this model i.e. Xperia Play R800i or Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562? Concerning its running, it upgradation, charging time and durability(Battery lasts for how much?) Plz guys, help me out, i've got to choose one between these 2 and i don't want to regret any of my decision. Hoping for comments, it's really urgent.

• 2013-12-22 18:01
  • Nvfi

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readYes, Aussie it's perfect as stated above, i've been using it for nearly 1 and a half year, it's good and worthwhile. Moreover, you can upgrade it up to ICS, i, myself wanted to ditch this phone but after realising that it had so many functions and features, i've changed my mind. For being a smartphone of year 2011, i got a lot of interesting features such as Camera with 5 MP, front camera and it's a playstation phone. The only setback is its camera doesn't support zooming. Hope that will help you in your decision making.

• 2013-12-22 13:44
  • Nvfm

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readMotorola Moto G :)

• 2013-12-22 00:01
  • fqeD

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readm not gonna say the xperia play is bad.... but it does have some features a bit out dated...4 eg: the gingerbread os... n the rear cam is 5 mp.... i rather suggest u to buy him d canvas 4 which has jellybean os....along with 1gb ram and 16 gb intrnl memory.....n its also a bit cheaper than xperia play n u can run many high graphic games also the psp games...... and it is much faster

• 2013-12-21 21:22
  • XuEe

> In reply to Aussie @ 2013-12-20 01:45 from 7t7x - click to readperfect !! it is better than the other smratphone which u prefer :D

• 2013-12-20 14:00
  • tufg

My 15 year old son is hassling me to buy him one for xmas and I just wanted to know if it is worth buying? I wanted to buy him a Lumia 520 Nokia or a Sony Xperia E or even a Htc desire 300. Are any of these phones better then the PLAY? Any comments would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance

• 2013-12-20 01:45
  • 7t7x

The mobile phone doesn't support zooming, unlike in other mobile phones: is there any application which supports zooming?

• 2013-12-13 12:37
  • NvfE

How can i download android 4.1 at my Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY?

• 2013-12-06 13:19
  • 0Ve}

> In reply to foldkatana @ 2013-12-01 16:50 from KZ8B - click to readmy xperia play has lost its touch
what should i do to make it come back
i mean it does not respond to touch again ]

• 2013-12-06 01:33
  • fsT5

I would NOT use this phone. It has serious software related issues that prevent it from being useable. If Sony had the guts to make a sequel to this, they would. But they didn't. Switching back to my Note II and getting this phone refunded!

• 2013-12-05 20:27
  • 7sQP

Having this phone for 2 year, best phone for playing emulator games, ppsspp gba N64 , superb

• 2013-12-05 10:54
  • uCjn
  • F
Total of 2481 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY.