Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.3

ive been usin this fone for 2 years now, so let me share u this fone weaknesses. 1.dont ever drop this fone very hard or never drop it at all even if by accident cuz this fone touch screen is very sensitive, or else u would have to change ur digitizer $$$ (digitizer for xperia play won't cause u much as much as samsung though: need to replace digitizer n lcd 1 set.. :-P) 2.when ure typing very fast, there's a lag gap of fonts to load especially when ure using a firefox browser. 3.this fone is not build for browsing the internet longer than 4 hours. i've tested it on firefox browser, the battery runs out very fast on ya. x_x 4.network connection sumtime gets disconnected n reconnect afterward when ure browsing. even though its not always happening, it still vexed me. who wouldn't want a stable connection rite? :-P 5.having ur phone memory on heavy usage (probably below 50mb free of space on mnt) this fone would go into lag mode n when ure forcing it to do multiple things, itll restart. x_x so there u hav it~ ^_^v other than that, this fone is great n a must hav for gamers who loves to play their hd games anywhere anytime playstation styled. (not suitable for games that require bigger space to saved game on mnt such as 'wild blood') this fone is bolted wit stereo speaker (i love the sound of it ^_^ ) n last longer (around 12hours or longer) when playing music. wish there were sum fone tht can top this fone on PlayStation button gaming fone!! Lol~ :-P

• 2013-12-01 16:50
  • KZ8B

Bottom screen doesn't work at all. I can't even touch my space bar. But I really enjoyed the games

• 2013-12-01 11:10
  • PIMs

> In reply to Hitman Shah @ 2013-10-24 18:05 from 32I6 - click to readyou chould not buy this phone. i have one of these myself and its not very fast, you wont be able to use it for too long, becouse it will get overheated. if you type it wont really catch up and if you've been browsing for too long, it can mess up your typing and it will crash. when it does crash, you need to open the back and you will need to remove the battery (which will be very hot,so be carefull) and then you will need to put the battery back in. (sorry for bad english)

• 2013-11-21 19:03
  • ncrI

> In reply to yhatz @ 2013-04-25 02:35 from t7XH - click to readPs1 emulator is PlayStation pocket so you just have to find on Google

• 2013-11-11 14:04
  • PFB0

> In reply to Hitman Shah @ 2013-10-24 18:05 from 32I6 - click to readwell this only connects to the playstation and the nokia conects only to the xbox

• 2013-11-05 17:49
  • 3a7V

How to identify genuine r800i

• 2013-10-25 05:30
  • IWSu

I want to buy this phone but I'm stuck in the middle as I want to buy the Nokia Lumia 620 as well? which one is better? also can both these phones connect to an xbox 360 console? I'm not an phone expert, so that is why I'm asking. Reply back ASAP please.

• 2013-10-24 18:05
  • 32I6

Hello,
I got At&t sony xperia play r800at phone few months earlier. It was unlocked and i used it with my network provider with no problem. Unfortunately i have added a pattern lock and forgot the pattern. It was connected with my gmail account which i was using earlier and i do not remember the password either. So i have no way to remove the lock. I read that master reset will wipe the lock pattern and tried to do a master reset by going to the bootloader menu. But phone does not allow me to go there.
Please help me to solve my problem.

• 2013-10-24 04:53
  • teqk

Hello,
Please help me to solve my problem.

• 2013-10-24 04:51
  • teqk

wat rating wuld u giv ur fone as da cretors

• 2013-10-19 16:05
  • mEa3

> In reply to rajiv kumar @ 2013-08-14 06:06 from mcja - click to readI got one of kijiji and it was $80.00 started having issues with digitizer as it was responding to touch.

SONY XPERIA PLAY IS RUBBISH

• 2013-10-16 14:05
  • FXEx

Oh the horror the horror of owning this phone! I actually had to suffer a year with this phone and it is THE WORST smartphone I have ever owned. Sure, the gamepad is awesome, but that is about it with the good stuff. You can't install anything because it only has 400mb of internal storage! That is ridiculous! I literally was able to fit 2 apps on there! Next up the lag. It some thime took a whole minute to load up the launcher. Just imagine if you were trying to get something productive done! The battery life also wasn't that great. It wasn't necessarily terrible, but it could get you through a day if you didn't play any games. Over all, I would not recommend this phone to anybody. Sony Ericsson also lied to us about this phone. They told us we would get ICS, but did we NO!. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!

• 2013-10-16 04:04
  • E8LE

> In reply to adrian @ 2013-07-21 04:44 from N9@S - click to readDere is 3g network in Nigeria

• 2013-10-06 22:02
  • N9@T

cant dial out or receive with my Airtel line, dont know what rili happen and have tried all ma possible best but all came positive. kindly find quick solution to this matter bcoz it getting annoying nd making someone going crazy here. #BULLSHIT#

• 2013-09-26 17:32
  • f0EX

> In reply to jayz @ 2013-08-17 11:03 from Qxpq - click to readmay be network prob

• 2013-09-26 06:06
  • Adx%

Its a great phone and user friendly.

• 2013-09-20 11:25
  • NaER

hi rajiv wea in fiji did u buy it for $ 169. i am much interested to own one.

• 2013-09-06 04:50
  • Rxtk

I have this phone for 2 years. Its a good phone but its reception signal is very poor. It hard for me to browse the net becoz it almost out of service :(. I have 2 others phone and there is no reception issue. Hmmmm. Dissapointing

• 2013-08-17 11:03
  • Qxpq

> In reply to rajiv kumar @ 2013-08-14 06:06 from mcja - click to readfiji? Where is it?

• 2013-08-16 03:19
  • Kivj

wow i just bought one.price in fiji is 169 dollars man

• 2013-08-14 06:06
  • mcja
Total of 2480 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY.