Sony Ericsson Xperia pro - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.3

bought it, use it, love it!

• 2012-02-12 17:46
  • tA$h

SE Xpro is better than the Xray and Xneo in camera performance. It better in net surfing too with A F 11 support. Battary life is not that good but its almost in all of SE Phones.

• 2012-02-10 10:19
  • t1}b

> In reply to Jay Kora @ 2012-02-09 16:41 from 7tL0 - click to readHi Mate............
I have Xperia pro ,for app direct to memory card....u should get the app from net in (.apk),and u will need mobile cable and 1 more app ASTRO (u should installed 1st from market,market is already installed in ur device ,but u will net net to use market) .........

• 2012-02-10 09:16
  • utB4

> In reply to Jay Kora @ 2012-02-09 16:41 from 7tL0 - click to readMost of the new apps. Are installed directly to sd card,but if the app was installed to the main memory then you can move it to sd card manually,use app2sd app.
some apps especially that comes with widget needs to be installed on the main memory to work perfectly.
With moderate use I think I can reach between 18 to 20 hours,this is an estimation because after 6 hours of moderate use I lose 30% of the battery charge (I use live wallpapers,i activate data traffic only when needed)

• 2012-02-10 08:13
  • fwM7

hi..how about the working of ths mobile and battery lif..sal i buy ths phone??

• 2012-02-10 06:35
  • 2SMS

> In reply to eduardoik @ 2012-02-08 03:22 from 9DTa - click to readAre your complaints directed towards the Moxier Pro exchange app or the Android Email app? Really, this complaint is more relevant to Google or Moxier than it is specific to the Xperia Pro.

• 2012-02-09 17:22
  • nEfq

Dear Xperia Pro owners please reply me sincerely
1) Can I install applications directly to memory card like nokia phones
2) Is battery withstand at least 24 hours for moderate use
..Thanks

• 2012-02-09 16:41
  • 7tL0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-08 14:50 from PSw6 - click to readIt supposedly does. If you have a scratch then it probably is on the pre-installed screen protector (difficult to notice or see, but it's there), rather than on the screen itself.

• 2012-02-09 15:51
  • nEfq

> In reply to eduardoik @ 2012-02-08 03:22 from 9DTa - click to readdownload mxvideo app and you will be able to run all of your movies (except full HD ones)
to improve the battery life go to sitting> applications >running apps
now check which app is running and you don't need it
and use titanium backup to remove it.
search google for apps that can be removed safely from xperia phones

• 2012-02-08 23:34
  • fwM3

hi pro users I just bought my xpro and I cant download operamini from android market. can someone show how it is done.

• 2012-02-08 19:17
  • mcja

Phone does not have scratch resistant screen protection!!!

• 2012-02-08 14:50
  • PSw6

battery descharge within 4 hrs.

• 2012-02-08 08:35
  • i4dY

The device is cool but has few, serious flaws. Considering that's a device that was supposed to attend professionals (that's the "Pro" name), it's unnaceptable Sony Ericsson to ship an Exchange Email client that's unable to search for emails or have different views like "sort per sender" or "sort per subject". I still need to check if it's possible to receive, propose new time, accept or update meeting invitations to all attendees (I remember Nokia E7 had this issue but Symbian Anna fixed all pending points). It's not by installing other Android Market client that will fix the product reputation. OEM Exchange Client should be supposed to be the best choice since it was shipped inside. It has interesting features like the outlook-style previews, but missing basic features so often required by business people make it a joke, probably a good gadget for youngsters with Gmail accounts only. I'm seriously thinking on recovering my Nokia E7 with Anna, that was stable, fulfilled all my professional needs, missed a lot of techie Android/iTunes wizards but the essential things were always there.

Battery heats up with utilization I don't know why, and it's not long lasting as some lying reviews (I think those that write such reviews should be prosecuted, it DOES NOT last like crazy, as they say. It's ok for a day, with low utilization).

Skype video works phantastic. But again, it's not an essential thing for a user profile that was expecting a "Pro" device like this. Good for non-business young people willing to chat with friends after coming back home from school.

Sorry Sony Ericsson this missing email features plus playing only MP4 video sucks.

Nokia Symbian is a frustrating experience at all, no markets with thousands of apps, but again, it delivers!.

regards and enjoy, Ed.

• 2012-02-08 03:22
  • 9DTa

> In reply to s at ya @ 2012-02-07 08:02 from PDSt - click to readno, ray and pro doesn't make any diff. at all since they both have bravia mobile engine and exmorR with same 8.1 megapixels

• 2012-02-07 14:01
  • vp9v

Can i know how much is this phone in Malaysia/Myr?

• 2012-02-07 10:49
  • IVS%

can any camera pro give a quick view of the photo/video qualities in ray/pro and the neo-v/mini-pro/live...??? am not wanting to know the specs but the practical photo/video quality.... of the above, only live doesn’t have stereo recording and the ray/pro have exmor cam, does tat make any difference practically...??

• 2012-02-07 08:02
  • PDSt

> In reply to ameya @ 2012-02-02 10:06 from 2WH6 - click to readScreen & Touch = Gr8
Camera = Good
Sound = Average for me
Browsing Power = Gr8
Battery = Average

• 2012-02-07 07:44
  • wiwU

Is there any internal memory problem with this Phne....?!!!!.....pls help me....!!!!

• 2012-02-07 06:34
  • uuqr

I cnt access my gsmarena account.pls post this.hey frnds am new to android.am using Xperia pro for couple of weeks.any one pls clarify my doubts
1; how can I root my device..some important apps need rooted devices.
2; how can I know the number of installed apps on my phone...some one here says that he installed 150 apps,
3; through normal usage, I got 16:45-17:00 hours backup,but through hevy usage I got 8:00-8:30 hours backup including 1.30 hours music ,15 to 18 photos,2 hours browsing includes maxm downlading, 30-45 mins calling.display brightness at 50%.is that faiir enough.

• 2012-02-07 04:12
  • uvtv

Hello and sorry for my english, I'm from Italy, I asked in many forums here but nobody can help me.
I've a Sony Ericsson Xperia pro with Vodafone carrier, i can only send/ receive MMS after I restarted my phone.
When I receive an MMS I got the msg but no pics is downloaded,altough i push the download pic msg nothing can be downloaded.
If I restart the phone all good, I can receive and send mms, then after some hours same thing again and I have to restart again.
I have android 2.3.4 build 0.58
Vodafone sim card 128k
I get the MMS configuration directly from Vodafone ( I tried configuration from Sony and it's the same)
I have a flat connection (unlimited )
If u can help me let me know
Thanks all :-)

• 2012-02-06 23:02
  • 0PDj
Total of 3872 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia pro.