Sony Ericsson Xperia pro - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.3

can any camera pro give a quick view of the photo/video qualities in ray/pro and the neo-v/mini-pro/live...??? am not wanting to know the specs but the practical photo/video quality.... of the above, only live doesn’t have stereo recording and the ray/pro have exmor cam, does tat make any difference practically...??

• 2012-02-07 08:02
  • PDSt

> In reply to ameya @ 2012-02-02 10:06 from 2WH6 - click to readScreen & Touch = Gr8
Camera = Good
Sound = Average for me
Browsing Power = Gr8
Battery = Average

• 2012-02-07 07:44
  • wiwU

Is there any internal memory problem with this Phne....?!!!!.....pls help me....!!!!

• 2012-02-07 06:34
  • uuqr

I cnt access my gsmarena account.pls post this.hey frnds am new to android.am using Xperia pro for couple of weeks.any one pls clarify my doubts
1; how can I root my device..some important apps need rooted devices.
2; how can I know the number of installed apps on my phone...some one here says that he installed 150 apps,
3; through normal usage, I got 16:45-17:00 hours backup,but through hevy usage I got 8:00-8:30 hours backup including 1.30 hours music ,15 to 18 photos,2 hours browsing includes maxm downlading, 30-45 mins calling.display brightness at 50%.is that faiir enough.

• 2012-02-07 04:12
  • uvtv

Hello and sorry for my english, I'm from Italy, I asked in many forums here but nobody can help me.
I've a Sony Ericsson Xperia pro with Vodafone carrier, i can only send/ receive MMS after I restarted my phone.
When I receive an MMS I got the msg but no pics is downloaded,altough i push the download pic msg nothing can be downloaded.
If I restart the phone all good, I can receive and send mms, then after some hours same thing again and I have to restart again.
I have android 2.3.4 build 0.58
Vodafone sim card 128k
I get the MMS configuration directly from Vodafone ( I tried configuration from Sony and it's the same)
I have a flat connection (unlimited )
If u can help me let me know
Thanks all :-)

• 2012-02-06 23:02
  • 0PDj

i have a black one, it's very nice, the camera was amazing, but my batery life was poor, it's become hot quickly in back cover when used for game like empire defense2, and the baterry is decrease very fast, only 6hour life,is that normaly or there is a problem with my handset?

• 2012-02-06 12:39
  • thuH

is the placing of the 3.5mm jack bad, is it inconvenient to use...??? anyone...??? n is the cam better than the ray...??

• 2012-02-06 05:58
  • PDSt

please gsmarena post my opinion :
this phone is excellent, i will explain why:
with 265 ppi pixel density ,every thing looks sharp and clear ,and you can't see any pixels with your naked eyes,the bravia engine which runs when you watch movies or photos will give you real colors (not over saturated)although some people like the over saturated colors of the super amoled display,the viewing angles are good but for me i don't like wide viewing angles because sometimes you need to use your phone in privacy ,the phone can be used under direct sun light ,yes it is not a match for the super amoled but believe me under my country clear shiny sun both screens can not be used for watching movies ;)
the phone is not heavy and not stupidly thin which makes it unlikely to be slipped in between your hands when you trying to use the camera and your phone can live without a bumper (if u know what i mean).
the sound quality is excellent with and without the earphones ,it is hard to miss a call in a crowded place.
the performance is great my phone ran shadowgun game without any issues :) with a live wall paper running and a multiple widgets running i have 190 mb of free ram left which is more than enough.
the phone comes with 8 gigs sd card but if u are going to download a lot of high quality games and movies you will definitely need a larger card.
now the camera:Scene recognition just direct the camera toward the scene and the camera will recognize what are you trying to capture :face,landscape,macro..etc or you can do the hard way and choose the scene by yourself :)the phone comes with exmor R sensor which improves the night scenes.
image and video quality are very good even when you watch them on a large screen.
by a 3rd party app i could run all the video types i have avi.mkv.rmvb...etc with subtitles.
the most important feature of this phone :the keyboard :it simple ,easy to use and smart (knows why open it)
extra information :antutu benchmark 3000 the graphic card results are identical to dual core phones but the cpu speed and ram size are the only difference.
vellamo browser score:832 higher than the galaxy2 !?!

• 2012-02-05 23:17
  • fwM0

excilent and good feature cell ......

• 2012-02-05 20:11
  • vG5y

is there any way to avoid the crop function..when u try to set wallpaper??! it asks to crop b4 setting...this way i get only half of the pic!!!

• 2012-02-05 20:02
  • vG4v

when i want to set wallpaper it always asks to crop it..this way i never get the full wallpaper.. is there any way to avoid the crop function!!

• 2012-02-05 19:59
  • vG4v

the recorded video sound quality of this phone are good??? i need ur opinion guyzzzz

• 2012-02-05 15:31
  • t7Nw

> In reply to Parvinder Singh @ 2012-02-04 05:41 from wiwU - click to readThat is nonsense - the music player makes no difference to the music quality through earphones. Anyway, music quality is decent and so are the bundled earphones IMO. Just read the GSMArena review.

• 2012-02-05 13:40
  • sX1q

I like mine. I have the red one. Only issue I have is the fact that I dont have 3G with T-Mobile. Other than that.....its really solid. Will most surely buy an upgraded version if it has the 1700mhz radio in it. Next version should be dual-core and penta-band 3G with usb on the go. The keyboard is superior!!! Minus the 3G issue.......I still like it!!! Good job Sony!!

• 2012-02-04 19:55
  • RbXp

Ok. Thanks people. :)
I will keep considering for while and try get some comparison to other similar phones. This phone looks best. I dont need to hurry...

• 2012-02-04 17:14
  • pvNX

this phone is excellent, i will explain why:
extra information :antutu benchmark 3000 the graphic card results are identical to dual core phones but the cpu speed and ram size are the only difference(the 8gigs sd card has a low speed i can use higher speed card to increase the score).
vellamo browser score:832 higher than the galaxy2 !?!

• 2012-02-04 11:28
  • fwMC

Dear friends

I really like this phone and its features, I want to bye a new android phone but I have some concern:

1. Is the 512mb Ram enough for a heavy user? I mean now i have acer a500 android tablet with dual core tegra cpu and 1 gig Ram but still some times it become slow even though I use killer app programs.

2. could this beauty play HD or Full HD video file with HDMI on LCD?

3. I think people who are interested in this phone is less compare to other phones even compare to other xperias line phones, because in XDA forum it doesn't have any separate page, the real concern is the programs and the compatibility to this phone for installing.

4. can we root this? any link or clue?

• 2012-02-04 10:23
  • 0Z{h

i heard that the slider phones have sum problems...

• 2012-02-04 08:18
  • vbKp

> In reply to Ravi @ 2012-02-03 15:26 from HHHH - click to readNot good with stock music player. But you can consider Power-Amp Music Player from Android Market. It can boost the music power.

• 2012-02-04 05:41
  • wiwU

Guys,
I am musik addicted, using walkman series, i found most of the things good in this phone but now just want to know about the music quality through headphones...

please suggest frnz!

• 2012-02-03 15:26
  • HHHH
Total of 3857 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia pro.