Sony Ericsson Xperia pro - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.2

> In reply to Omkar @ 2013-09-14 19:29 from uth2 - click to readhow to update to 4.2 or 4.3

• 2013-10-19 04:50
  • U@R4

Sent for repair back then. And now, the keyboard format has changed from QWERTY to QWERTZ. Tried setting the format in input setting, but no luck.

• 2013-10-17 13:10
  • IVW5

Unfortunately, no. Based on my experience, Wi-fi off, GPS off, 3G on, brightness set to lowest, using ICS, battery drains rather quickly i had to charge it in the middle of the day. But then i'm a heavy 3G data user.

• 2013-10-15 14:42
  • t7Xr

Can the battery last for two days after charging?

• 2013-10-14 08:17
  • fsWr

i just installed the swapper app from play store and assigned 600mb space for the swap file on my rooted xperia pro with all bloatware removed. now my device is faster. i thought of selling it but now ill keep it for a year or two may be.. thanks to the app..

• 2013-10-13 18:54
  • ut9B

Regarding the comments about ICS running awful, yes was true, for almost a year since I have this phone. It was new when I bought it, with GB, I let it to do its updates, and since then I had to wait its usual delays, almost after any command, or wait to recover from "freezing" for no reason... And I thought it couldn't get any worst, but in time because of its limited internal memory I remained under 70 mb space, & then I decided to announce all my friends that I have the most stupid smartphone every time I had this chance, with demonstration! Because of its necesary updates, I've gone under 50 mb internal storage, even if I uninstalled almost all the download apps, so I had no choice but RESETTING TO ITS FACTORY SETTINGS - SINCE THAT MOMENT, I DON'T RECOGNISE MY PHONE - IN THE GOOD SENSE! Very important - there are two kind of reset, and only the one without keeping the user data (factory reset) have effects. Even after making only necessary updates and after installing only necessary apps I remaind only with 90 mb (I guess I will pray at the next update) it's still running smoothly, almost like an ifone4 (without an S) without exagerating.

• 2013-10-09 11:12
  • nDN0

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-10-03 06:39 from LKV2 - click to readHey GB is completely outdated with lack of so many advanced feature.

I am using JB CM10.1 on my pro & worked smoothly & perfectly, it's awesome.

• 2013-10-04 08:39
  • tUYd

Hey Gizmo,
I can help you and you don't need to do almost anything.
I've had this device for a year too. I rooted it and tweaked it. It runs so very nice and any app (lots of them) and GAME runs perfecly fine with good graphics.

There are some things to do to the system but are not "technical" and all is done without changing any custom ROM nor anything difficult.
The first and most important recommendation is to downgrade to stock GB... This means I will only help you (and anyone) with this version 2.3.4. No CM10, MIUI, etc. Stock is better.

Alright, I can help you. But you'll have to follow my instructions.
Contact me: starsky182@gmail.com

Anyone desiring your Xperia Pro to run much better can contact me and I'll try to help but only if you follow my simple instructions and pay atention cause I don't like to repeat twice.

This is a beautiful device worth keeping.

- L.

Pd: Anyone who wants to read my reports/reviews about the Xperia Pro can put in the search box "starsky182".

• 2013-10-03 06:39
  • LKV2

> In reply to Moinul @ 2013-09-29 08:26 from PEq7 - click to readDownload GB tft file ie stock firmware and flash it through flashtool.

• 2013-09-30 18:35
  • uuJb

I have upgraded my Sony Xperia Pro(MK16i) to Android 4(ISW), after that my mobile started to cause problem. Can anyone help me how to get back to my previous Android 2.3(GB)

• 2013-09-29 08:26
  • PEq7

I have upgraded my phone to Android 4(ICS), since then my phone started to problem. Can anyone help me how to get back to original Android 2.3(Ginger bread)

• 2013-09-29 08:00
  • PEq7

> In reply to RIxON @ 2013-09-27 10:22 from PBTd - click to readomdbest@gmail.com

• 2013-09-27 18:38
  • uuJf

Ummm Omkar do u got like some email address? wanna ask a couple of things about xperia pro Custom ROM, so i can just ask you through it. i try searchin from here but cant find ur email adds. thx u

• 2013-09-27 10:22
  • PBTd

Will it function with this new bb application download for pinging?

• 2013-09-26 01:59
  • 3sE3

> In reply to peter @ 2013-09-23 19:30 from uNVD - click to read1 root ur device by using flashtool. use doomlord's method.
2 unlock bootloader (optional)
3 download and copy Rom zip file u wish to install on SD card
4 ensure u hv CMW recovery installed after rooting. If u r using stock kernel, then u need to install,else custom kernel comes with it.
5 if you wish to use custom kernel instead of stock kernel, flash kernel by using fastboot tool. before flashing kernel, pls check compatibility of kernel with rom. if u dont know use stock kernel only, but ensure custom rom which u r going to install is supported on stock kernel.
6 go to cmw recovery, format cache,system, data,, wipe delvik cache, run zip file rom from sd card
7 reboot device, wait till rom get stabilized,

ensure back up of data, keep usb debugging on, unsource install on in setting always. so that u can flash stock rom at any point of time if anything goes wrong.

keep patience during entire process

enjoy

mail me if u stuck at any step.

• 2013-09-25 18:32
  • uuJ2

please help me how to use custom rom in my pro. iI want a step by step guide. please help me. iI am running ics(official)

• 2013-09-23 19:30
  • uNVD

> In reply to nil @ 2013-09-22 12:03 from X0Pf - click to readYes i have tried 4.2 & 4.3 both.
Currently i am using 4.1.2, working fine.

• 2013-09-23 09:43
  • tU1m

> In reply to Omkar @ 2013-09-14 19:29 from uth2 - click to readDid u tried?
I also have pro

• 2013-09-22 12:03
  • X0Pf

> In reply to viraj @ 2013-09-13 03:26 from vbM0 - click to readAfter update it doens't give any problem.
But considering current options available in market xperia pro now would not be best deal as it has less ram & less internal memory.
One year back it could be excellent deal.
But if you are big fan of qwerty physical keyboard, go for it. Also note one thing softkeyboard with gesture ON also gives speed as faster as physical keyboard.

• 2013-09-15 16:47
  • uthH

> In reply to AlphaDream @ 2013-09-13 00:30 from n%if - click to readUnofficial version of :-) :-) :-) 4.2 and 4.3 both are available for pro and I have used them.
Iyokan is still developing CM10.1 CM10.2.

-omkar

• 2013-09-14 19:29
  • uth2
Total of 3857 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia pro.