Sony Ericsson Xperia ray - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.7
7.3
7.3

Can someone who knows market, help me with advice: I would like to by either this phone or LG Optimus Black P970. I saw somewhere that support for SE is better and that phone is better then LG one but I like LG design more. I would like to know what is better option?
THANK YOU!

• 2011-11-21 17:06
  • mcU{

Dear,

Please cud anyone help me in answering my question?

Xperia Ray, does the Whats app working on it?

i need to know urgent plzzz if anyone can help

• 2011-11-21 15:13
  • fkYi

> In reply to s at ya @ 2011-11-21 06:15 from PDSt - click to readu can save most of d apps on ur sd card...even though if u r going to store lots of apps then this aint d mobile 4 u..the camera is gud but not best u wud expect frm a of an 8mp camera..

• 2011-11-21 14:09
  • vGZx

is xperia ray tv connect mobile

• 2011-11-21 06:43
  • tR3}

> In reply to Niftynigel @ 2011-11-20 15:44 from sXEp - click to readthanx for the good review... encouragin to buy it... am still doubtful about its cam and the very low internal memory in all sony phones...

• 2011-11-21 06:15
  • PDSt

Is it worth buying this phone w.r.t. price and battery compared to neo v? and also plz tell me is there any chances of price drop of this handset in india within this month? thanks in advance:-)

• 2011-11-21 03:57
  • t}c@

Is it worth buying this phone wrt price and battery compared to neo v?

• 2011-11-21 03:53
  • t}c@

If Aino can upgrade to the Exmor R then should be damn nice... Aino with HD (16:9) photo capture and HD video recording...& + (Exmor R) then is a great camera phone... Hope Xperia RAY also have a HD photo capturing... ^^

• 2011-11-21 03:38
  • sF%2

phone is crap. never used 1 before cant use this 1 no operating manual

• 2011-11-21 03:04
  • yHx9

hi guys.. i gonnna buy new mob from htc wildfire, i chose 2 brand samsung galaxy s lcd and xperia ray.. still i got confusion which ll perform gud. i read both specification. ray is better than galxy sl but i wanna know about the performance and battery life. coz i faced lot of problem in wildfire.plz help me

• 2011-11-20 22:32
  • 2SM@

my battery doesnt stand more than 12 hrs on heavy usage and 24 hrs on moderate usage :(

• 2011-11-20 18:20
  • vGZt

I've had this phone for about six weeks now. I've tweaked the phone by downloading about 50 apps from Market so far, including Notepad and Astro file manager, two absolute musts, in my opinion.

I've added all the on/off widgets to my home screen. Turning off GPS, wi-fi, data, dim the lights (when you don't need any of these) really helps with the battery life.

I only have to charge the phone twice a week, Sunday night (to last through to Friday) and Friday night (for a weekend's hard usage).

I send about 750 texts a month and use about 200 mins talktime a month and 300MB data per month, so you can see that the phone can get some heavy use. The on/off power savers really do help!!

I've taken loads of photos (in 16:9 mode; 6MP) and they are good quality as you would expect from a Sony based product.

I have about 30 albums on my SD card, so I also listen to music regularly too.

In summary, I'd recommend the phone to anyone, who wants a good all round Android based smartphone and doesn't want a large handset that eats the battery!

I do have a small case for it, but it's remained scratch free so far! I clean it with a calotherm lens cloth. You can get these from opticians.

• 2011-11-20 15:44
  • sXEp

> In reply to mdz @ 2011-11-16 19:37 from sHsy - click to readthanx a lot bro for helping me out :) now im fully convinced for buying this phone!! btw did ur neo V got scratches on the screen ??

• 2011-11-20 15:12
  • 2@r2

> In reply to Sexy Gurl @ 2011-11-20 03:36 from YTZ8 - click to readif will read the spect it is just d same.. maybe the size and design that differs the two

• 2011-11-20 15:00
  • w0QG

how's the battery life?

• 2011-11-20 13:47
  • 0Utx

is exmor sensor an inbuilt one or v need to activate it??

• 2011-11-20 09:48
  • utAc

super phone... excellent display...and upgradeable upto V4.0...

• 2011-11-20 08:52
  • KSiW

I've purchased this phone 2 weeks ago and it works pretty good, But Im dissapointed with two aspects

1)Playing videos - When i copy a mp4 file directly from PC to mobile ,video lags and sometimes it freezes, Also can we play a video in full screen?

2)Flash light - Though phone is provided with 8mp cam, Night pictures are to be captured with flash light turned on through out, Is there any other alternative for this problem?

4)Can we forward a business card? If so how?

3)(not actually a problem)
Software update: It is mentioned in specs that we could able to update to Android 4.0,Is it possible? Current software running is 2.3.4

• 2011-11-20 06:48
  • wdKU

what is more good ray or arc?

• 2011-11-20 03:36
  • YTZ8

> In reply to Dan @ 2011-11-19 12:15 from 3Y1x - click to readThat is not android 4.0. I think you just received android 2.3.4 - if you updated to 4.0.2.A.0.42 or 4.0.2.A.0.58 (these are called build number or file system version).

• 2011-11-19 18:37
  • PBRB
Total of 5810 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray.