Sony Ericsson Xperia ray - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.7
7.4
7.3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-08 01:43 from TCvM - click to readWhy don't you give a straight reply to my questions instead of posting irrelivant answers. This does not help solve any problem, does it?

I had already posted and mentioned that draining battery fast has nothing to do with the LED backlid LCD screen, it has to do with the DATA NETWORK, which I never have the issue having to turn off to save battery. ** I can confirm that the battery standby time is excellent after disabling the Data Network.

This is a "smart phone", and if we haave to avoid using features a Smart Phone are meant to desigen for, then why not just go for a basic phone without features and save your cash, and without worry that the phone will run out of juice in a few hours?!

My BB 9800 is also a Smart Phone, which has Data Network access on all the time, I only need t charge my BB once every 3-4 days.

I can tell that you are a SE fans, but you are using the wrong way to protect the Brand, you should directly face the issue, and this is the proper way to help SE make improvement. The way how you act does not help anyone!? ... you act very much like those Samsung fans! Be mature.

• 2011-09-08 09:25
  • TCvM

> In reply to mmx @ 2011-09-08 08:38 from 2Amq - click to readlooks like manipulation by Samsung fanboys. Wouldn't surprise me though if companies manipulate these scores as well.

• 2011-09-08 09:08
  • nGGx

Hmmm... I think someone is keep on pulling down the rate of xperia ray.

• 2011-09-08 08:38
  • 2Amq

the rate is falling 2 fast,drop down from 8.8 to 7.5,why?how can???

• 2011-09-08 08:21
  • PBRB

has anybody bought it already?i'd like to ask about some practical experience with the phone-overall performance,battery life,fingerprint resistance,camera,speed etc.

• 2011-09-08 07:46
  • 3T%a

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-08 01:43 from TCvM - click to readYou may be owning a ray/ip4/sgs2 but dont spam the reviews section with your greviences.You can do the same using a single post as well.As far as the ip4 is concerned it uses ios which is extremely light on the battery like all other apple devices unlike android.Also the Sgs2 has an LED screen(far less consumption than LCD) with a 1650mah battery. Im not sayin ur lying,but ur tying to make a wrong impression about the phone as not many of us have faced such issues with the battery.

• 2011-09-08 06:47
  • wdMY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-07 05:59 from wdMY - click to readYou are right, all posted by me because I'm one of the first owner of the Ray.

SE already replied to my my e-mail, with their suggestions of saving battery. I found the problem to be with Data Network. If I turn off Data Network access, then the phone only use up approxmatly 3% of the battery in 4 hours' time - just on standby condition.

I never have to turn off Data Network with my iphone 4, nor the samsung SGSII and they can still last a day instead of the Ray lasting only a few hours. WHY? What's the reason??!! Can you explain?

• 2011-09-08 01:43
  • TCvM

HTC Desire S or Sony Eri. Ray ???
need your help plz reply.

• 2011-09-07 18:20
  • 0x3u

can anyone help me... is battery really so bad? am planing to buy ray... pls

• 2011-09-07 17:37
  • 2SPs

Turn off the backgroun data and you well get an amazing battery life ( 2-3days of heavy use)....

• 2011-09-07 16:08
  • Ia}G

I need more post about battery life. please! I love this phone, but now I'm confused ...

• 2011-09-07 15:20
  • 3V5X

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readbro how much did you bought the SE Xray?

• 2011-09-07 14:21
  • t7sA

Using it for 2 days now. Charged yesterday morning, still going strong with over 60% left. Despite having downloaded a whole load of apps, and running Go Launcher.

Don't see any problem with battery life, much better than my old Samsung Wave

• 2011-09-07 11:40
  • S37f

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 11:02 from vaPm - click to readthank you for reply

• 2011-09-07 11:24
  • vGqh

> In reply to mobile_lover @ 2011-09-07 07:27 from vGqh - click to readmedium usage

texting all day (maximum of 200 sms per day)
calling all day (maximum of 15 minutes per call, and maximum of 10 calls for that day)

music playing all day (maximum of 3 hours for that day)
picture and video capturing (maximum of 1 video shot and 10 camera shots for that day)

internet(including Social networks, email, browsing (maximum of 1 hour during that day)

playing games (none)

my suggestions

1. do not over load or full load widgets in all 5 homescreen (use only those usable for easy access)

2. set the screen brightness to 10% if you're at home or set 50% if you're on field

3. run advance task killer time to time even if you set it in auto kill

4. download apps2sd and clear apps caches regularly or time to time

5. turn off your phone once a day

6. when playing music using speaker do not full the volume

7. when making calls, avoid using loudspeaker if unnecessary, or better use the headset when making calls

8. play games if you're at home but if you;re on field do not or may be just one - four time with maximum of 10 minutes per game

ill let you know some tips in the future while still
playing xperia ray features.

• 2011-09-07 11:02
  • vaPm

xperia ray or xperia mini pro.
Which is better.
I had no worry about the noise prblm in xperia mini pro.
But of the both,which has better battery backup.
Please suggest me.

• 2011-09-07 09:14
  • Hksx

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readhey jm can you please tell us how was ur medium use

• 2011-09-07 07:27
  • vGqh

I am in love with this phone based on the specs alone! But all I've read for weeks has been release dates for UK, Middle East, India and Asia. The phone is compatible with AT&T, so when is it coming to the USA?! I'm dying from anticipation!!!

• 2011-09-07 06:54
  • 476N

all xperia ray users, pls post more comment on the battery life.

• 2011-09-07 06:53
  • 2IXE

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readhow much is your xperia ray? where did you bought it? I'm also from phils and I'm choosing between ray and neo.. Thanks in advance

• 2011-09-07 06:38
  • wHrS
Total of 5829 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray.