Sony Ericsson Xperia ray - user opinions and reviews

Sony Ericsson

7.7
7.4
7.3

has anybody bought it already?i'd like to ask about some practical experience with the phone-overall performance,battery life,fingerprint resistance,camera,speed etc.

• 2011-09-08 07:46
  • 3T%a

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-08 01:43 from TCvM - click to readYou may be owning a ray/ip4/sgs2 but dont spam the reviews section with your greviences.You can do the same using a single post as well.As far as the ip4 is concerned it uses ios which is extremely light on the battery like all other apple devices unlike android.Also the Sgs2 has an LED screen(far less consumption than LCD) with a 1650mah battery. Im not sayin ur lying,but ur tying to make a wrong impression about the phone as not many of us have faced such issues with the battery.

• 2011-09-08 06:47
  • wdMY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-07 05:59 from wdMY - click to readYou are right, all posted by me because I'm one of the first owner of the Ray.

SE already replied to my my e-mail, with their suggestions of saving battery. I found the problem to be with Data Network. If I turn off Data Network access, then the phone only use up approxmatly 3% of the battery in 4 hours' time - just on standby condition.

I never have to turn off Data Network with my iphone 4, nor the samsung SGSII and they can still last a day instead of the Ray lasting only a few hours. WHY? What's the reason??!! Can you explain?

• 2011-09-08 01:43
  • TCvM

HTC Desire S or Sony Eri. Ray ???
need your help plz reply.

• 2011-09-07 18:20
  • 0x3u

can anyone help me... is battery really so bad? am planing to buy ray... pls

• 2011-09-07 17:37
  • 2SPs

Turn off the backgroun data and you well get an amazing battery life ( 2-3days of heavy use)....

• 2011-09-07 16:08
  • Ia}G

I need more post about battery life. please! I love this phone, but now I'm confused ...

• 2011-09-07 15:20
  • 3V5X

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readbro how much did you bought the SE Xray?

• 2011-09-07 14:21
  • t7sA

Using it for 2 days now. Charged yesterday morning, still going strong with over 60% left. Despite having downloaded a whole load of apps, and running Go Launcher.

Don't see any problem with battery life, much better than my old Samsung Wave

• 2011-09-07 11:40
  • S37f

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 11:02 from vaPm - click to readthank you for reply

• 2011-09-07 11:24
  • vGqh

> In reply to mobile_lover @ 2011-09-07 07:27 from vGqh - click to readmedium usage

texting all day (maximum of 200 sms per day)
calling all day (maximum of 15 minutes per call, and maximum of 10 calls for that day)

music playing all day (maximum of 3 hours for that day)
picture and video capturing (maximum of 1 video shot and 10 camera shots for that day)

internet(including Social networks, email, browsing (maximum of 1 hour during that day)

playing games (none)

my suggestions

1. do not over load or full load widgets in all 5 homescreen (use only those usable for easy access)

2. set the screen brightness to 10% if you're at home or set 50% if you're on field

3. run advance task killer time to time even if you set it in auto kill

4. download apps2sd and clear apps caches regularly or time to time

5. turn off your phone once a day

6. when playing music using speaker do not full the volume

7. when making calls, avoid using loudspeaker if unnecessary, or better use the headset when making calls

8. play games if you're at home but if you;re on field do not or may be just one - four time with maximum of 10 minutes per game

ill let you know some tips in the future while still
playing xperia ray features.

• 2011-09-07 11:02
  • vaPm

xperia ray or xperia mini pro.
Which is better.
I had no worry about the noise prblm in xperia mini pro.
But of the both,which has better battery backup.
Please suggest me.

• 2011-09-07 09:14
  • Hksx

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readhey jm can you please tell us how was ur medium use

• 2011-09-07 07:27
  • vGqh

I am in love with this phone based on the specs alone! But all I've read for weeks has been release dates for UK, Middle East, India and Asia. The phone is compatible with AT&T, so when is it coming to the USA?! I'm dying from anticipation!!!

• 2011-09-07 06:54
  • 476N

all xperia ray users, pls post more comment on the battery life.

• 2011-09-07 06:53
  • 2IXE

> In reply to jm @ 2011-09-07 05:46 from vaPm - click to readhow much is your xperia ray? where did you bought it? I'm also from phils and I'm choosing between ray and neo.. Thanks in advance

• 2011-09-07 06:38
  • wHrS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-07 05:59 from wdMY - click to readyeah i think he/she knows that xperia ray will sell like hotcakes in every market that's why he made such a " bad review " for this phone especially in the battery.

i guess that person doesnt really own an xperia ray because he doesnt know what he's saying especially about the battery.

xperia ray battery is far better than xperia arc, samsung galaxy s and htc desire base on my actual usage

• 2011-09-07 06:20
  • vaPm

if you observe, all the negative reviews about the battery life have been posted by the same user..

• 2011-09-07 05:59
  • wdMY

i bought xperia ray last saturday in grey market here in the philippines, the reserve battery life for newly purchased phone lasted for 4 hours for heavy use. (AS IN HEAVY)

i charge the phone on sunday 8am until 1200nn (yeah i leave it charging for 4 hours) from 1200nn sunday until now tuesday afternoon the phone is still alive with 10% battery and the up time is 47h22m30s. (medium usage only) not yet tried for heavy use and stand by mode. base on my observation the battery life is better than the other android phone especially for my former xperia arc only lasted for 1 day medium usage, samsung galaxy s less than a day and and worst htc desire lasted for just 14hrs or less.

overall xperia ray is superb phone with average battery stamina..

pls pls pls do not compare android OS to iOS as we all know anroid OS consumes so much battery due to running background application that cannot be killed. iOS is battery saver OS.

• 2011-09-07 05:46
  • vaPm

> In reply to bell @ 2011-09-06 08:35 from v0qJ - click to readWell my ray lasted for 20h 35 mins... with average use that is!

• 2011-09-07 05:11
  • v0qx
Total of 5825 user reviews and opinions for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray.