Top 10 Cell Phones PC World
Nov 13, 2009 11:30 am
1. Motorola Droid
Bottom Line: The first Android 2.0 phone impresses with a strong suite of Web features and a stunning 3.7-inch display, but some users might have trouble with the shallow keyboard.
2. Apple iPhone 3GS
Bottom Line: Performance enhancements distinguish the otherwise evolutionary step-up iPhone 3GS from its previous iterations.
3. Motorola Cliq
Bottom Line: The beautifully designed Motorola Cliq is a social butterflyâ€™s dream phone, but others may find the MotoBlur user interface overwhelming.
4. Research in Motion BlackBerry Bold 9700
Bottom Line: The best BlackBerry available, the Bold 9700 packs a multitude of features into a sophisticated, slimmed-down design.
5. T-Mobile myTouch 3G
Bottom Line: The T-Mobile myTouch 3G is a big improvement from its predecessor, but the physical keyboard is sorely missed.
6. Palm Pre
Form Factor: Candy bar
Bottom Line: The Pre's webOS software is touch-friendly and fun, but the cramped QWERTY keyboard detracts from the phone's usability.
7. Samsung Behold II
Bottom Line: With a gorgeous AMOLED display and an excellent camera, the pricey Samsung Behold II will appeal to multimedia junkies with deep pockets.
8. Research in Motion BlackBerry Tour 9630
Bottom Line: The BlackBerry Tour entices with an ergonomic keyboard and gorgeous display, but the omission of Wi-Fi disappoints.
9. HTC Droid Eris
Bottom Line: If you can live without a hardware keyboard, the HTC Droid Eris is an affordable and feature-packed alternative to the Motorola Droid.
10. HTC Hero
Bottom Line: The HTC Hero marks a giant step in innovation of the Android platform, but it isn't without flaws
Well droid is the fastest selling device in the history.
what made that happen, everybody loves motorola but the downside was that they were not producing good phones in recent time, now moto have come up with a good one "
" Droid " now people are aggressively buying because they always waited for mot, even so SE says that they are stuff is better less people but it, most people buy SE when they have no alternative, " droid " sales shows that consumers are always waiting to buy moto !!
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009Dude its not only about the 65k, its more about quality, reliability and durability, and when ... morewtf r u talking about? this phone is made mostly from plastic while moto and samsung usually use metal. and if u want a durable phone u shud ge a ruggedized 1 like sonim. this phone isnt ment to be thrown around so durability hardly has anything to do with it. if ur talking about build quality then ill remind u that they r using plastic. and as 4 reliability: satio just had a few bugs sorted out, i hv nvr had any problems with nokia, samsung, or lg in terms of reliability. i hv also had a few SE phones which randomly start blinking stuff, mainly happened on p800, but on my p910i no probs (gr8 phone 4 its time). SE is NOT in any way ahead of the current competition which is y they r losing market share now. by the time x10 is released there will be other android phones announced (or available) which hv same or better specs. the only thing about SE i dont like is that it takes them too long to release what otherwise wud hv been a gr8 phone 4 its time. but i h8 the fanboys that pretend the phones SE hvnt even released yet r so much better than what is already available.
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009Yes I know SE is better than Moto coz they will use 65K displays in 2010, Dude its not only about the 65k, its more about quality, reliability and durability, and when it comes to those important thing SE way surpasses Motorola or Samsung or any other cell phone manufacturer out there.
Mobilemaster, 13 Dec 2009Forget that Sholes tablet, the X10 can beat it easily! :) Motorola is now in trouble, they hav... morewelcome mobilemaster after some days.I think the harder the competition the lower the prices and this is in favour of customers.
Yes I know SE is better than Moto coz they will use 65K displays in 2010,
Some one was trying to add the " First to be " SE
after all poor SE fan, Nokia Sharp, Motorola carried most of them leaving only one tag to SE
ha haa hha haa , goods try SE fans , but you lost them all, mouths got shut !! we'll stop this here ,Nothing to say about SE's innovations
Old stories ? SE fans? he he, see man, if they are old stories don't use GPRS on your phone coz its an old story from moto. don't turn on Vibration !! coz its an old story from Moto again!!!
ha ha Se fans never use old stories
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009No more moto, no more innovations , No future !!! you cannot forget old stories !!! old story, just for memorable.
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009only rival for x10 is:
the next iphonei totally agree with u
Motorola just only a standard device for next 2010.
SE has made a good move in early 2010.
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009If I'm not mistake, SE was introduced the first colour screen phone in the world, first transp... moreur wrong on just about everything u said.
- SE was not 1st colorful screen phone, im not shure who it was but Japan had a phone not sold outside of Japan which had a colorful screen and nokia 9210 had a colorful screen before the 1st SE colorful screen.
- SE was not 1st phone with camera, it was Sharp
- SE was not the 1st symbian phone, idk who but nokia 9210 communicator used symbian so it cant be SE. anyway thats not an SE invention.
- 1st bluetooth phone was Ericsson not SE (ever since they joined they almost nvr made anything innovative thats useful)
- SE didnt make the first music phone. it was motorola e398 as far as i know. anyway its b4 the w800 u claim.
- technically it isnt the 1st android phone with 8mpx since it hasnt released yet and i wudnt say this is even an important 1st cos if u wna take pictures ull just get a 12mpx camera phone or camera
- same applies for winmo which can only display 65k colors so hving a good cam on a winmo phone is also pointless.
- and SE wasnt 1st phone with 12mpx. that was samsung pixon 12. ok it was the 1st 12mpx camera phone but if ur gna go into that much detail, every phone has a 1st because the specs on 1 phone r usually not 100% identical to the others. also satio had bugs.
- yes SE was 1st to hv a transparent display on a phone but this is really useless. nokia 7280 was 1st to be shaped the way it is but that doesnt help it in any way for instance. thats just design and if u take the SE pureness phone outside during daylight u cant c wats on the screen. there is a reason screens r not transparent after all - its not practical
- ok i cant think of another phone with dual memory card slot but thats a useless feature anyway since memory cards hv adapters so thats pointless and m2 card was invented by sony. it was only for SE or other sony products and therefore it makes sense that no other phone had it. if nokia made a card v identical to 1 which is commonly used but changed it slightly and gave it a diff name, i wudnt consider it has dual memory card slot, i wud be annoyed at the marketing gimmick.
- i will grant u that SE did hv the 1st music recognition software on a phone tho. but really thats about their only useful 1st.
Mobilemaster, 13 Dec 2009Forget that Sholes tablet, the X10 can beat it easily! :) Motorola is now in trouble, they hav... moremoto in trouble? SE still hasnt released an android phone in case ur not aware whereas moto droid sold 250 000 units the 1st week it launched in the US alone. and since u like talking about phones which r still not available what about the htc bravo which will be better than x10?
GS, 13 Dec 2009once again, you are ignorant It is called Sholes tabletForget that Sholes tablet, the X10 can beat it easily! :) Motorola is now in trouble, they have luck with the Droid.
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2009Yeah,, That is old story, Who cares. No more moto, no more innovations , No future !!! you cannot forget old stories !!!