Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

401963

6.6
6.6
6.7

i have use it for 3 years now and now ca nsee a big bubble at the edge of the screen.

• 2015-06-19 20:57
  • mcuY

*** *** *** CORRECTIONS *** *** ***
I got this tablet in january 2012 and it worked fine until, somewhere in 2013, I finally installed a massive firmware upgrade that was always asking to be installed. This added a couple new interesting features but the tablet became unstable, rebooting 2 to 4 times a week, freezing a few seconds regularly, Browser restarting.
Anyway, I loved the InfraRed feature allowing control on every household electronics, and this is a "hard to find" feature for my next tablet. Good speakers, clear screen. The plastic power button is broken since more than a year, I still can activate but I have to be careful because there is no other way to turn the tablet ON (compared to Samsung with 2 buttons).
The screen has a few bubbles between the display and the touch screen (like a liquid layer in between) but doesn't affect the view area. Also, I think it is becoming tired because it has image memory, when I go from a clear image to a dark one, the ghost remains for a few seconds. Charger is durable but don't loose or break it because you can't use anything else, unlike Galaxys' and others that use the common and easy to find USB plug.
I am now shopping for a new tablet, but after 3+ years, I'm afraid I'll be comparing features and missing my Sony. Sure I could stay with Sony but prices are quite high and so easy to beat when I look around.
I can say I really loved this tablet... until the irreversible firmware upgrade... but I will soon have to turn the page and transfer my data on something new. Hope the next one is as durable as this Sony.

• 2015-06-17 00:36
  • Y7By

I have been using this tablet for 5 years and it worked fine until, 3 years ago, I finally installed a massive firmware upgrade that was always asking to be installed. This added a couple new interesting features but the tablet became unstable, rebooting 2 to 4 times a week, freezing a few seconds regularly, Browser restarting.
I am now shopping for a new tablet, but after 5 years, I'm affraid I'll be comparing features and missing my Sony. Sure I could stay with Sony but prices are quite high and so easy to beat when I look around.

• 2015-06-17 00:17
  • Y7By

I have also been suffering from same problem, after 3 years, i can see big bubble on my top right corner. Please some one will tell me how to fix it?

• 2015-06-09 11:27
  • uRA9

> In reply to Sathish @ 2015-01-11 14:19 from 2ZjS - click to readHad this tablet since it was released, been a love hate affair, but four and a half years later I cant complain. Got the same bubble in the top right corner under the touchscreen...but not enoughto distract.

• 2015-04-14 22:19
  • 0xtI

Please i lock my Sony tablet s and I forgot the password, please what can I do ?

• 2015-04-06 01:21
  • ftKc

After Fixing up the screen protector, my Sony Tablet S is developing bubbles under the touch screen in Upper Right corner....

• 2015-01-11 14:19
  • 2ZjS

> In reply to wendy @ 2013-12-01 11:32 from t7%i - click to readOpen it up clean the.insides.with isopropyl 99% ($3 from drug store) do not use.70% use tooth brush clean.all connections. Put back together.... it will work again!

• 2014-08-14 07:06
  • 7Aij

> In reply to abdur @ 2014-07-09 11:18 from t1$B - click to readYes. Look up PPP Widget in play store and follow the instructions

• 2014-07-21 21:56
  • 4mu{

is it possible to internet browsing using a 3g usb dongle with tablets s

• 2014-07-09 11:18
  • t1$B

> In reply to George @ 2014-05-19 03:17 from L5Z6 - click to readSame thing happened to me . But miraculously it started by itself .

• 2014-06-01 20:58
  • 7tE{

My Tablet S went dead while It was charging. It is only 2 years old. The battery indicated fully charged at the time the device quit. The reset switch does nothing. It will not restart. Help. thanks

• 2014-05-19 03:17
  • L5Z6

> In reply to hellfire @ 2013-04-07 18:07 from wiRN - click to readThank you a big help

• 2014-03-03 10:10
  • t1$B

Hello friends. I need your help regarding my Sony tab, that when I starat its appears writen Sony then suddenly disappear and appears again. I meant it should be continue as wel as before since I bought it. Waiting for your kind reply. Thanks.

• 2014-02-09 20:34
  • n2JM

My Tablet S went dead while I was using it. It was plugged into a power source at the time. It is only 1.5 years old. The battery was rarely used and it was fully charged at the time the device quit. The reset switch does nothing. It will not restart. Any ideas as to what happened? thanks

• 2013-12-01 18:39
  • qpaW

I don't know what to do with my sony tablet. It was in my bag and it got wet by my mouth wash. Later after when i open it, touchscreen was not working but buttons in the side is still ok. I search that putting it in the sealed container with rice will beable to fix it but sadly after 48 hrs. its still not working. what should i do?? thus is a gift from my father.can someone here help me. thanks

• 2013-12-01 11:32
  • t7%i

will there be any update for this tablet ive been using ics for so long now and its getting frustrating with the few bugs it has but over all this tablet is very well capable of running 4.4 kitkat is there any way i can update it?

• 2013-11-22 12:41
  • Hx6g

> In reply to james @ 2013-09-23 00:47 from 8DDx - click to readThe Tablet S does work with the QX10 external camera. You will need to pair it with the camera manually as the tablet does not have NFC, but that is easily done by typing in the unique device ID.

• 2013-10-19 08:20
  • nE%%

> In reply to arvind @ 2013-06-26 01:44 from UNV5 - click to readThe QX camera lenses may work with it.

• 2013-09-23 00:47
  • 8DDx

I ve been using sony tab since last 6 months and during this time I ve done factory setting six time... coz it hangs most of the time or the browser does not work properly and so many other issue... its really getting frustrating coz I am loosing my datas again n again, or I ve to save my data in some external device. And then again I need to install all application. Dissatisfied with sony tab.

• 2013-08-08 05:34
  • X0%U
Total of 174 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.