Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

> In reply to Janielle @ 2012-10-02 16:49 from ibXc - click to readHi,
since this model has no 3g or does not act as a phone I do always turn off my tablet after use. I noticed the battery decreases that way 0,2% every day. So this is fine.

• 2012-11-26 11:35
  • LxKj

> In reply to Andre L @ 2012-11-19 19:16 from 2m{D - click to readHi,
through the USB host interface you can connect almost any usb device. Normally you are asked to transfer the files first. I did it so with an external hard disk drive and a usb flash. About different settings for apps the new xperia tablet allows you that (guest mode). I always use my tablet with my own account so I did not try to add a new one. Maybe somebody else can give you this information as well the behavior using a digital camera. I always use to transfer the files first. Maybe a file manager can have access to the external memory too. I saw however that files can be played directly from the external memory too without transferring them to the tablet´s internal memory. Have a nice day

• 2012-11-26 11:27
  • LxKj

Hi!

Is it possible to connect a digital camera via USB and browse the images n the camera? (Can it act USB master?)

Can I connect a USB memory stick ("normally" formattet on PC) and access the content?

Also, does anyone know if the differend profiles allow different users to use the same App but with different settings? For example, can two user use the facebook app with their own accounts?

Can different profiles sync to different google accounts? (Or must we wait for Android 4.2? One must assume that Sony will upgrade, or?)

• 2012-11-19 19:16
  • 2m{D

sony tablet s Is the best tablet... wow.. is so fantastic thank you sony for his wonderful. product. go get yours

• 2012-11-05 03:24
  • N9@S

Any comment for the battery of sony tablet? I found that the battery for Sony Tablet is not as good as IPad, as the battery level decreased very fast even without use it.

• 2012-10-02 16:49
  • ibXc

Guys, is it possible to charge the battery through USB? please advise.

• 2012-09-29 08:33
  • M}f$

> In reply to DenzCafe @ 2012-09-19 18:38 from t7ri - click to readI have experienced a similar problem. The tablet was on standby but then just shut down. I thought perhaps a flat battery. I fully charged it but it would not turn on again after much trying. I sat it on the charger overnight and first thing it would not start, then suddenly came to life. I think perhaps a fault, but it has been perfect ever since. This happened once before. Other than this I am quite happy with it. The email app is not great but works ok

• 2012-09-28 04:22
  • PGT9

• 2012-09-26 12:12
  • XNtq

can this be attached to 3G Dongles the wifi version

• 2012-09-25 14:56
  • XNtq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-25 06:32 from 2@nj - click to readNo, there aren't any problems that I experienced. You get some nice new features (camera improvements, small apps flying over the main app - like remote control, app-folder creation on homescreen, etc...) and it looks different, but works fine.
Available memory is well over 300 MB, unlike phone Xperia S which drops under 100 MB and is lugging and crashing after ICS update...
Go and buy it, although I'd gladly exchange mine for a new model and give extra cash - just for nicer materials (aluminum) and cooler looks and 8 MP camera. Still, the old one is probably the most comfortable (of them all) to hold in one hand while reading in bed - something I do often.

• 2012-09-25 10:45
  • 39kp

Urgent Help needed!
Are there any issues with the tab post Ics upgrade.
Need to buy one urgently...

• 2012-09-25 06:32
  • 2@nj

> In reply to Ziza @ 2012-09-23 21:26 from AL{v - click to readDude you’re awesome! As much as I would love to get an Xperia Tablet this one is cheaper and sounds like it will work for me. Muchas Gracias!

• 2012-09-24 23:43
  • SamL

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-19 23:45 from SamL - click to readI have universal 12V car-to-USB charger. Then you can just plug tablet's usb side into, and that should be ok. It works but is not fast. Sorry for the late reply and I hope it helps. There probably should be ( very expensive) original Sony accessory. I donot use it so much in the car and am usually happy with the wall socket...

• 2012-09-23 21:26
  • AL{v

> In reply to Ziza @ 2012-09-17 02:17 from AL{v - click to readThanks for the info but I got a last question for you. Since it has a A/C proprietary charger is there any easy way charger it from a car? I have not seen a car charger for this tablet. Maybe possible to charge from a car USB through the Mico USB on the tablet? Thanks again for the help.

• 2012-09-19 23:45
  • SamL

sometimes when i connect this tablet in PC...i have difficulty in turning it on...i have to connect the charger all over just to turn it on...im very confused with this issue...is there anybody who experienced this kind of problem?

• 2012-09-19 18:39
  • t7ri

• 2012-09-19 18:38
  • t7ri

> In reply to simonh @ 2012-09-09 23:35 from iL}9 - click to readThe tablet has no such features. Exmor image technology for mobile and geo-tagging for sure beside that some minor settings.

• 2012-09-18 13:45
  • 85Jb

> In reply to Ankit Shelley Lal @ 2012-08-06 20:24 from 2@c6 - click to readwith Xperia Tablet S I had couple problem so I returned it back to them just in less than one week , I had to restart it every day when I wanted to use WiFi even some time during usage WiFi connection goes down and maybe I can turned on network connection via setting otherwise another restart also sometimes you receive memory error and then you can not use Camera unless another restart , it is not stable tablet, it's sucks and make you nerves, and even customer service tried to charge me for restock!
but my Ipad working perfect from last 8 mount so far I did not turn it off even once and quality of 5MP picture with Ipad is hundred times better than 8MP Xperia

• 2012-09-17 03:41
  • GXcV
  • F

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-13 00:11 from SamL - click to read1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not sure, didn't try.

• 2012-09-17 02:17
  • AL{v
Total of 167 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.