Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.4
6.4
6.5

Guys, is it possible to charge the battery through USB? please advise.

• 2012-09-29 08:33
  • M}f$

> In reply to DenzCafe @ 2012-09-19 18:38 from t7ri - click to readI have experienced a similar problem. The tablet was on standby but then just shut down. I thought perhaps a flat battery. I fully charged it but it would not turn on again after much trying. I sat it on the charger overnight and first thing it would not start, then suddenly came to life. I think perhaps a fault, but it has been perfect ever since. This happened once before. Other than this I am quite happy with it. The email app is not great but works ok

• 2012-09-28 04:22
  • PGT9

• 2012-09-26 12:12
  • XNtq

can this be attached to 3G Dongles the wifi version

• 2012-09-25 14:56
  • XNtq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-25 06:32 from 2@nj - click to readNo, there aren't any problems that I experienced. You get some nice new features (camera improvements, small apps flying over the main app - like remote control, app-folder creation on homescreen, etc...) and it looks different, but works fine.
Available memory is well over 300 MB, unlike phone Xperia S which drops under 100 MB and is lugging and crashing after ICS update...
Go and buy it, although I'd gladly exchange mine for a new model and give extra cash - just for nicer materials (aluminum) and cooler looks and 8 MP camera. Still, the old one is probably the most comfortable (of them all) to hold in one hand while reading in bed - something I do often.

• 2012-09-25 10:45
  • 39kp

Urgent Help needed!
Are there any issues with the tab post Ics upgrade.
Need to buy one urgently...

• 2012-09-25 06:32
  • 2@nj

> In reply to Ziza @ 2012-09-23 21:26 from AL{v - click to readDude you’re awesome! As much as I would love to get an Xperia Tablet this one is cheaper and sounds like it will work for me. Muchas Gracias!

• 2012-09-24 23:43
  • SamL

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-19 23:45 from SamL - click to readI have universal 12V car-to-USB charger. Then you can just plug tablet's usb side into, and that should be ok. It works but is not fast. Sorry for the late reply and I hope it helps. There probably should be ( very expensive) original Sony accessory. I donot use it so much in the car and am usually happy with the wall socket...

• 2012-09-23 21:26
  • AL{v

> In reply to Ziza @ 2012-09-17 02:17 from AL{v - click to readThanks for the info but I got a last question for you. Since it has a A/C proprietary charger is there any easy way charger it from a car? I have not seen a car charger for this tablet. Maybe possible to charge from a car USB through the Mico USB on the tablet? Thanks again for the help.

• 2012-09-19 23:45
  • SamL

sometimes when i connect this tablet in PC...i have difficulty in turning it on...i have to connect the charger all over just to turn it on...im very confused with this issue...is there anybody who experienced this kind of problem?

• 2012-09-19 18:39
  • t7ri

• 2012-09-19 18:38
  • t7ri

> In reply to simonh @ 2012-09-09 23:35 from iL}9 - click to readThe tablet has no such features. Exmor image technology for mobile and geo-tagging for sure beside that some minor settings.

• 2012-09-18 13:45
  • 85Jb

> In reply to Ankit Shelley Lal @ 2012-08-06 20:24 from 2@c6 - click to readwith Xperia Tablet S I had couple problem so I returned it back to them just in less than one week , I had to restart it every day when I wanted to use WiFi even some time during usage WiFi connection goes down and maybe I can turned on network connection via setting otherwise another restart also sometimes you receive memory error and then you can not use Camera unless another restart , it is not stable tablet, it's sucks and make you nerves, and even customer service tried to charge me for restock!
but my Ipad working perfect from last 8 mount so far I did not turn it off even once and quality of 5MP picture with Ipad is hundred times better than 8MP Xperia

• 2012-09-17 03:41
  • GXcV
  • F

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-13 00:11 from SamL - click to read1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not sure, didn't try.

• 2012-09-17 02:17
  • AL{v

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-13 00:11 from SamL - click to readHi,yes you can play music and video files from SD card.
This tablet has GPS.
It is very reliable tablet,thanks

• 2012-09-16 22:10
  • 32Bg

The only tablet that does not stop youtube when switching tabs....all you have to do is open youtube in browser small app and after selecting the song close the browser small app...song continues to play......;D

• 2012-09-13 17:34
  • mI6W

Some questions for anyone that can answer.
1)Can I play media(music/videos) from the SD card slot? 32GB internal and 32GB SD slot…total 64GB?
2)Does this tablet have a GPS? I mean a real GPS I can use with no Wifi connection.
3)How many apps do not work on Sonys smaller screen?
Thanks for any help

• 2012-09-13 00:11
  • SamL

wheres the face detection and smile detection as mention in the camera section?

• 2012-09-09 23:35
  • iL}9

needs more widgets,better notification area,better video and music player features also different wallpapers for lockscreen and main screen...samsung tabs seem to have it pretty close to perfect the widgets are great and the menus and features are outstanding hope this tablet gets jellybean and a host of better features....

• 2012-09-09 23:28
  • iL}9
Total of 162 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.