Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.5

> In reply to E93gsx @ 2012-09-13 00:11 from SamL - click to readHi,yes you can play music and video files from SD card.
This tablet has GPS.
It is very reliable tablet,thanks

• 2012-09-16 22:10
  • 32Bg

The only tablet that does not stop youtube when switching tabs....all you have to do is open youtube in browser small app and after selecting the song close the browser small app...song continues to play......;D

• 2012-09-13 17:34
  • mI6W

Some questions for anyone that can answer.
1)Can I play media(music/videos) from the SD card slot? 32GB internal and 32GB SD slot…total 64GB?
2)Does this tablet have a GPS? I mean a real GPS I can use with no Wifi connection.
3)How many apps do not work on Sonys smaller screen?
Thanks for any help

• 2012-09-13 00:11
  • SamL

wheres the face detection and smile detection as mention in the camera section?

• 2012-09-09 23:35
  • iL}9

needs more widgets,better notification area,better video and music player features also different wallpapers for lockscreen and main screen...samsung tabs seem to have it pretty close to perfect the widgets are great and the menus and features are outstanding hope this tablet gets jellybean and a host of better features....

• 2012-09-09 23:28
  • iL}9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-20 03:37 from qL9d - click to readWhen using skype on the sony tablet you could use headphones with a microphone, much like you would use on your phone, works perfect with skype.

• 2012-08-27 16:41
  • sXn0

tablet is good but priced very highwhenuhave google nexus and ipad minijust about to board.

• 2012-08-27 02:50
  • 2@Yg

Any luck on fixing ICS upgrade issues?
My screen works only while connected to power adapter and gradually freezes and goes off. This is happening since the ICS update.

• 2012-08-24 20:01
  • utNq

tablet is good but price is too high when we can get kindle at 7 k n ipad mini comming soon

• 2012-08-24 13:22
  • vwft

I love most everything about my Sony tablet. I am disappointed with Skype. I had hoped to be able to use my tablet to make Skype calls. But I wanted to be able to use a headset so that my calls in public spaces would be private. Unfortunately that's not possible because either Sony or Skype do not offer this seemingly necessary option. Has anyone been able to find a way to use a communication headset with Skype on a Sony tablet or do you know if a fix is in the works. It's impossible to contact anyone at Skype and posting to their form is like posting to a black hole.

• 2012-08-20 03:37
  • qL9d

how fast is d processor n hows d touch compared to other tab n does tablet feel bit bulky?

• 2012-08-17 15:42
  • 2@Yg

> In reply to Ankit Shelley Lal @ 2012-08-06 20:24 from 2@c6 - click to readWill it be upgraded to Jellybean?

• 2012-08-13 23:49
  • 8fEq

Will this be updated to android jellybean?

• 2012-08-13 23:35
  • 8fEq

> In reply to Gio @ 2012-06-28 08:16 from v0qu - click to readthank you sir..that was some help..!!

• 2012-08-11 20:09
  • utv8

I have been using this wifi only Sony Tablet S for abt 6 mnths now and i am pleased with wht Sony has done.. Specially the most innovative is the design which not only is pleasing to look at but very very handy when it comes to use the tab i can use this tab for 2-3 hrs in a row without feeling any thing in my hand unlike the samsung tabs or the much hypes stupid ipad.. i have new ipad as well.. but the comfort level for sony is amazing...!!! No Tab compares to sony tab on tht.
coming to Performance.. the frnt cam sucks...!!! SOny has given a 0.3 mp cam which works fine in sunlight but goes totally black in room light.. back cam is pretty ok.. i dnt use it much..
Battery life is ok considering the android tabs.. i use it a lot so i have to charge it everyday too.... it takes arnd 3-4 hrs for it to completly get chrged and then i can easily take out 8 hrs of continous use..
After the ICS update the performace has improved.. dunno if sony wud think to give it jelly bean or not.
Playing games is pleasure..
Screen is fantastic.. 1280 X 800 is workable on the tab..
touch is awesome.. considering tht i paid a lot for the authentic screen guard frm sony which does pay well....

One prb tht i have faced dunno abt the others.. after the ICS update the normal screen is ok.. but as soon as u get a pop-up screen the background screen goes all pixelating which is very disturbng....

Rest the Tab is nice..
the dual core processsors are good to work with.... i Took the 32GB variant so i dnt have the prb with the space...if i do i can use another 32GB SD card :)
Play Store is good to fizzle with the apps...

Good work Sony. Cheers.

• 2012-08-06 20:24
  • 2@c6

> In reply to KT @ 2012-07-19 07:31 from s8xV - click to readI agree 100%. Before buying I had no interest buying a sony tablet, but I must say this seems to be the world's best android tablet (I try many others). I own the SGPT112US/S model. A question to other owners. I bought the sony cable adapter which I have been using until now only as USB host. It is okay to plug an A-male to A-male adapter so I can connect to my laptop or do you suggest another micro USB to A-male cable. Thanks in advance.

• 2012-07-30 13:54
  • LxKj

> In reply to Sridhar Edwillis @ 2012-07-25 20:46 from bCfR - click to readYes, it is possible using the micro USB to USB female cable adapter. An external HDD (FAT32) is accepted too.

• 2012-07-30 13:42
  • LxKj

> In reply to KT @ 2012-07-19 07:31 from s8xV - click to readcan u tell me that we can able connect pendrive or dongle to sony tablet s

• 2012-07-25 20:46
  • bCfR

Love this tablet. I've used an Ipad 1&2, Samsung tablet and other wonders like the S1, S2 and Note in the past, and this baby is better than all of them.

Love the universal remote function, PS3 wireless remote compatibility; PS1 games are available at the PS Store, nice intuitive features over the android ICS. Don't ignore it because it’s a Sony product, try it and I'm certain you will choose this over any other tablet in the market.

• 2012-07-19 07:31
  • s8xV

Why my sony tablet s 4.0.3 dont have plug in for yahoo messenger? So my video call & voice does not work? How can I fix it?

• 2012-07-16 21:28
  • YTNR
Total of 167 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.